Mahrez | Signed with City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revan

Assumptionman
If possible I'd sell Mata and bring in Mahrez in the summer. I think he'd give our team so much more in attack.
Even better, sign him and keep Mata. Him and Mata to compete for the right wing spot, Lingars as Sanchez's backup, while Rashford to challenge Martial and Lukaku. 7 players for 4 positions is great.

I think that we will go for Ozil instead though.

ravi2

Given everything he brings to the table and especially at the price he is available for I think we are missing out if we dont go for Mahrez

NoPace

I agree. He is fairly inconsistent and isn't worth the fees quoted. I prefer Lucas Moura to him any day of the week especially when he is 1,5 years younger, a much better dribbler with big team experience and would probably cost less than one third of Mahrez would.
Don't really agree with this. The age is a real thing with how quickly wingers fade, but Mahrez's first touch and quickness over short distances are a level above Lucas' for me, and that means that he doesn't disappear from games as often, as he can create space once he gets on the ball, against packed defences or on the break.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Can’t spend spend spend Pep? Hilarious. Would also be a terrible move for him personally, would be nothing more than a bit part player when everyone is fit.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
its pretty simple pay the money we want or he won't be leaving, if City want to pay around £70m just because Sane is injured then fair enough

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
its pretty simple pay the money we want or he won't be leaving, if City want to pay around £70m just because Sane is injured then fair enough
They were out for sanchez when jesus was injured. Zero faith in squad depth.

Runner

Would be a disaster for Leicester's season. No time to find a replacement

ash_86

Pep is such a fraud. He cannot imagine playing even with good players in any of the positions , he needs excellent/elite players. To think i wanted this guy to take over our club :mad:

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Pep is such a fraud. He cannot imagine playing even with good players in any of the positions , he needs excellent/elite players. To think i wanted this guy to take over our club :mad:
oh please if it was announced tomorrow he was taking over United you would wank yourself blind

ash_86

oh please if it was announced tomorrow he was taking over United you would wank yourself blind
Well i thought so myself too. But coming to realize what that guy is doing out in the market, i would be pissed if my club's academy players are overlooked likes he's doing. It could work at City, never at United.

VanGaalEra

So if KDB went and got inured against Cardiff, they probably would have went and bid 100M plus on Verrati or someone.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Well i thought so myself too. But coming to realize what that guy is doing out in the market, i would be pissed if my club's academy players are overlooked likes he's doing. It could work at City, never at United.
you realise he doesn't actually buy the players right? like every manager he gives them a list of targets

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
lol this can't be true surely? If yes, Pep is mental. A player gets injured for weeks, so solution is to buy new one for 60-70M? A genius at work.

mav_9me

He might but I wouldn't. Sure I will be excited but not if it means have to spend on 2 players every position. I much prefer spending on first team and supplementing squad with cheaper or home grown players. For example could we use an established experienced striker on the bench like how Chelsea are looking for? Yes but I much prefer Rashford being that option.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
He might but I wouldn't. Sure I will be excited but not if it means have to spend on 2 players every position. I much prefer spending on first team and supplementing squad with cheaper or home grown players. For example could we use an established experienced striker on the bench like how Chelsea are looking for? Yes but I much prefer Rashford being that option.
you already do, have done for years, you just don't like it that the neighbours are now richer

Jacko21

But does Mahrez buy into Pep's philosophy? Cos' Pep only wants players who are 100% committed to the man, the myth, the legend.

Rajma

Don't they have £50 worth Bernardo Silva rotting on the bench who they just bought this summer?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
If the manager's still David Moyes then yes I'd wank till my arms fell off and my eyes blind. But with Jose in charge, nope.

Pep has also spent a crazy, crazy amount of money before City are actually as good as this season. If He becomes United manager, We'd need to rebuild heavily. Maybe 6-7 of the first team will be changed. His system needs different type of players. He also needs a lot of them to be world class (22 elite players to compete on all 4 competitions - it's his own words).

People seem to forget if City finished 3rd last season just 2 points above the 4th place and miles behind Tottenham(2nd) and Chelsea(1st) and won 0 trophy.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I thought City were skint and operating on a budget? This would be a typical Moneychester United thing to do, Pep's holy raiders surely just would promote someone from the academy or use existing players.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
I thought City were skint and operating on a budget? This would be a typical Moneychester United thing to do, Pep's holy raiders surely just would promote someone from the academy or use existing players.
they gave KDB a massive pay rise and was still around half of Sanchez new United wage, they would have had to rip up almost everyone's contract to give them all a rise
They'd have to bid at least over £100m I would have thought.
I would guess at £80m

Status
Not open for further replies.