Malaysian Plane crashes over the Ukraine | 17th July 2014

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds
Sad to see 2 local lads on their way to watch Newcastle United play in New Zealand were on the flight.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
If there was just one American on board....

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
He's suggesting that shit (or more of it) would hit the fan if it affects America.
Well he could be right our media is barely covering it and Obama has not said a word, our intelligence agencies do not even seem to be interested in looking into this.......?

I would also point to a previous incident, the KAL007 shootdown that did involve US Citizens, at a time of very high Cold War tensions, and the shit did not hit the fan then. Now of course history is no guarantee of what current events might lead to, but I am just pointing out that reactions are not always what one assumes they would be.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
A lot of people would suggest it already has.
Well, yes, it has. From their perspective, they don't need any damning evidence against them. If they give it to their benefactor, it will disappear in the Kremlin for decades. Now, OSCE have been refused access to the site. The Separatists must not be finished doctoring everything yet.

JustAFan

Well, yes, it has. From their perspective, they don't need any damning evidence against them. If they give it to their benefactor, it will disappear in the Kremlin for decades. Now, OSCE have been refused access to the site. The Separatists must not be finished doctoring everything yet.

About all they can really do to ensure a thorough "cleansing" of the evidence is to collect all the wreckage and keep it from view of anyone they do not want looking at it. Even the remains of the passengers and crew could give evidence to what happened, so they would have to keep those as well. Trace amounts of the chemicals used in the missiles explosives and propellent will be all over the wreckage and remains. Parts of the missle may also be amongst the wreckage.

Not that they really care how it all looks, if a cover up is what they are up to, they will put their side of the story out there and stick to it, not giving a shit what the rest of the world thinks.

justboy68

Just found out that one of the victims was a fellow Leeds Uni student, I have some friends on facebook who knew him. Terrible tragedy, may they all rest in peace. We can only hope that those responsible will be identified and brought to justice.

Moriarty

The Guardian is reporting that a couple of Newcastle supporters, on their way to watch the team in New Zealand, were on board the flight. Horrible way to die. I hope they get the scum responsible.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The Guardian is reporting that a couple of Newcastle supporters, on their way to watch the team in New Zealand, were on board the flight. Horrible way to die. I hope they get the scum responsible.
Very sad. There were apparently also a group of AIDS activists onboard who were heading to a conference.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
Very sad. There were apparently also a group of AIDS activists onboard who were heading to a conference.
One of them was a top HIV researcher as well. Sad that all that knowledge is just gone.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I hate hearing patriotic rhetoric like that because it perpetuates this seemingly endless cycle of pointless human violence. When people stop seeing each other as "American, Russian, Ukranian" and start seeing each other as human beings then perhaps we'll find less reason to kill each other.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I hate hearing patriotic rhetoric like that because it perpetuates this seemingly endless cycle of pointless human violence. When people stop seeing each other as "American, Russian, Ukranian" and start seeing each other as human beings then perhaps we'll find less reason to kill each other.
That would be ideal, although I don't suspect it will be possible until there are no longer nation states.

JustAFan

Long way to go, ever since we first started hanging out in groups it has been that way and no signs of it stopping.

GloryHunter07

Im with you on that 100% but i think humans are just inherently tribal.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Just found out a lad I used to live with in first year at Uni was on this flight. Mental.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
This whole incident, which was a direct result of political meddling, seems to be mainly being used as a political tool by people who think they can dress their agenda up as some persuit of justice because they think the rest of the world is so thick and below them they wont see right through it.

People like Obama playing at it.

Give it a year and him or Putin will be signing some deal or another and talking selfies before going back to fecking around with innocent people's lives as if the whole planet is one massive joke to them.

It's absolutely fecking pathetic.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
This whole incident, which was a direct result of political meddling, seems to be mainly being used as a political tool by people who think they can dress their agenda up as some persuit of justice because they think the rest of the world is so thick and below them they wont see right through it.

People like Obama playing at it.

Give it a year and him or Putin will be signing some deal or another and talking selfies before going back to fecking around with innocent people's lives as if the whole planet is one massive joke to them.

It's absolutely fecking pathetic.
In fairness, either the Russian military or Putin's insurgency is responsible for the shoot down, so Obama is quite correct in calling the Russians out on it.

Fergies Gum

Very sickening to hear about this, all those poor people on board that plane.

Just heard that the scummy rebels are not giving the investigators access to the full crash site.

Why not send in the seals or some other military unit to wipe these scum out of the area, so that the investigators can examine the full site?

Kaush949

Amen

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Very sickening to hear about this, all those poor people on board that plane.

Just heard that the scummy rebels are not giving the investigators access to the full crash site.

Why not send in the seals or some other military unit to wipe these scum out of the area, so that the investigators can examine the full site?
wut? It's a war zone already and one more miliaty unit in there? Whose unit?

Simbo

Still don't know why airlines fly over a war zone!!! Seems not just MH, but whole lot of other airlines also do so. Should this not be common sense avoidance?
What gets me is that is that it is the Ukrainian government that primarily sets flight restrictions within its airspace, it was currently restricted in this area up to 32k feet. If their intelligence is monitoring the rebels enough to be able to release a recording of them discussing shooting the plane down 30 min after the incident then they also must have been aware of the social network posts from them bragging about having a buk weapons system for the past 2-3 weeks that can take down planes well above 32k feet.

I feel like it's a massive failure on their part (and others admittedly) to not completely restrict the airspace to civilian airliners.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
In fairness, either the Russian military or Putin's insurgency is responsible for the shoot down, so Obama is quite correct in calling the Russians out on it.
The whole situation in Ukraine has come about through meddling which the US and Obama have had no reluctance in sticking their oar into...and now a tragedy happens the main priority is to use that as a weapon to stick the oar in some more. As if somehow the US or someone is supposed to emerge as the good guy?

A bunch of innocent people get blown to pieces by a missile and all anyone is interested in is political or agenda point scoring or taking some kind of entertainment value from the possible fallout...which is exactly the kind of thing that leads to stuff happening like innocent people getting blown up by missiles.