Man City v Chelsea - The Champions League Final...

Who will win the Champions League final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
I'm sure they do, but it still doesnt make them a club anybody cares about. Two Champions Leagues and couldn't even sell out their tickets to the final.
Nah they don't, you are overthinking too much, this is modern football... it's all about winning, not being remembered by random people.

We aren't in the 70s-80s anymore.

Neo_Mufc

Damn how the hell have Chelsea done this after their season. Glad City didn't win but still sad watching a rival win it.

BorisManUtd

Damn how the hell have Chelsea done this after their season. Glad City didn't win but still sad watching a rival win it.
4 English clubs in CL final and of course none is United or Arsenal. Said days for 2 big clubs..

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
I can't pretend like it's not very, very gratifiying that Pep can't manage to win the CL with City, even after all the investment.
Not that I have much sympathy for Chelsea, duh, but then noone cares about them, at the end of the day, as the one thing they've been known for so far was lucking their way to a CL win as the infinitely worse team

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Must say, I thought the ref was great tonight. Seen him a few times now and really like him. Infinitely better than anything we have in our league.

lsd

The Oracle
I take it Ederson would have been red carded had Chelsea not scored. Intentional or not he handled outside his area

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
I can't pretend like it's not very, very gratifiying that Pep can't manage to win the CL with City, even after all the investment.
Not that I have much sympathy for Chelsea, duh, but then noone cares about them, at the end of the day, as the one thing they've been known for so far was lucking their way to a CL win as the infinitely worse team
No luck about it far better than city today
Far better than real same goes for Porto and atletico.

Wilt

Must say, I thought the ref was great tonight. Seen him a few times now and really like him. Infinitely better than anything we have in our league.
Yes he came across strong, decisive, no nonsense.... compare that to the crap we have to endure in the prem.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Shout out to the ref. Let the game flow as much as he could. Was strong in his decisions. We can only dream of a ref like that in the pl.

Red Stone

There simply is no manager on this planet more suited to outsmarting Pep Guardiola than...

... Pep Guardiola.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Pretty shocked we won and more so City didn't score.

Pretty miraculous performance all up.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Great game to watch, but Jesus what a truly fitting end to this season. Two teams who haven’t earned a shred of success competing in the ultimate sports washing contest.

The worst part about it is over time it’ll be forgotten, 20-30 years down the line, it’ll be like it never happened. Like they were always big clubs. Hopefully the bubble bursts eventually, but given the ESL it seems more likely the human rights abusers are in a position to dominate in a post covid world. There’s been far more devastating things in the world, but what a result for football after the pandemic. The oligarch the sheikhs and the Qataris sitting pretty.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Great game to watch, but Jesus what a truly fitting end to this season. Two teams who haven’t earned a shred of success competing in the ultimate sports washing contest.
Chelsea
1996/97: FA Cup Winners
1997/98: League Cup & EUFA Cup Winners Cup Winners
1998/99: EUFA Super Cup Winners
1999/20: FA Cup Winners
2000/21: Community Shield Winners

But hey, tell me more about how we haven't earned a shred of success, and didn't achieve anything before Roman.

Foxbatt

I do not know how many of you watch Akwasi Boadi and his football results? The latest one is on this match and is as funny as his previous ones. :lol::lol::lol:

Spoony

The People's President
This CL marlarky...let's stop calling it the Champs League because Chelsea haven't been champs since 16. Also they should stop using the amazing trophy. This is the best way forward.

DiMaria

What a player kante is. One of the main reasons France won the World Cup. One of the main reasons Leicester and Chelsea won the league. And now also the reason Chelsea won this CL. Before KDB got injured he was having one of his worst performances to date, and it was all thanks to Kante. He may not be as flashy as pogba but he’s a far more important player in any team he plays for. Chelsea did really well to snatch him off Leicester. I remember feeling envious back then, and more so even now. Oh well, at least he prevented our noisy neighbors from winning their first ever CL :)

Offsideagain

Scoured Ebay but no sign of ‘Manchester City Champions League winners’ tee shirts on the cheap. I wonder how many are still unpacked at the Emptyhad along with 2013 FA Cup winners ones. Arrogant tosses deserve all they get. Guardiola stating his team playing with so much confidence it’s unreal. They lost ha ha ha.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
With Rodri they would have more cover in front of the defence. And despite his size, he is aggressive. Kante is no giant either. No other midfielder does this better than Rodri in the whole the City squad.
Ok. I wasn't saying "the Rodri decision wasn't an issue and the Sterling one was", just that City's forwards (including Sterling who I think has been in poor form for a while) didn't trouble Chelsea's CHs.

It's not THIS Pep choice was the reason they lost, the OTHERS weren't, it's a collective.

Not playing Rodri/Fernandinho as a Def Mid, playing Gundogan out of position, not playing a proper CF (to make the CHs work), only putting a sub on by necessity (the KdB injury)... it's all of them.

Yet again, Pep over-thinks things instead of trusting his usual team/game plan.

But give the man a midfield of Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta plus an all time great and fair play to him, he does win trophies