Man United v Liverpool Post Match

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
It's only pre-season and we had a reserve team playing against Liverpool's starting lineup plus four or five squad players. I'm pretty confident that it doesn't reflect the difference in the two team's talent. What I am annoyed by is the way that this whole pre-season has been merely for fitness - Jose has basically given the players the go ahead to not give a feck. Are they suddenly expected to just flip a switch at the start of the season and play to their potential? It just screams of that attitude some folk have when they have to study or clean the house or, you know, play competitive football. "Oh, I'll do it tomorrow...".

On the flip side, it can help the players to get comfortable on the pitch again without feeling like they're being put under too much pressure. But after the poor showings from some of our guys last year I would have liked them to actually show a bit of bite in the run up to this new season.

whatagoodname

Supports
Liverpool
For those attacking Neil Jones, his tweet reads basically exactly the same as Simon Stone's apart from the first sentence, so maybe a bit quick to attack him as trying to stir things up. Really need to see the whole video to get the context.

Every other quote he posted has basically been verified too.

montpelier

"mourinho is a bad manager" - Leonardo Da Vinci - 1476

"with mourinho everything will be awfull" - Michael Angelo - 1501

Now, can someone please share these quotes anywhere that you need to bash Mourinho without confirming if they were true or not. Just share since it gives some more credibility at your own view point of the situation.
''I wish he'd leave the deckchairs alone'' - Captain Smith, 1912

''There has to be a way he can be un-assimilated'' - The Borg Queen, circa 2486

lsd

The Oracle
As usual I will wait for the video of the presser before I pass judgement. Some of your kit are easily bated with sensational excerpts taken out of context. Jose seems upset that valencia came back in Rooney mode, Smalling is bitching anytime he has a pinky sprain, martial doesn't actually want to come back and none of the post round of 16 players are ready yet. And then they fly to miami like tomorrow.

Our entire starting XI minus Sanchez basically went to the world cup. And most went far. He's frustrated. We all are.

Exactly that's all it is . The whole tour has been a waste of time for Jose and Utd .

How can you be happy when you have one guaranteed starter on a preseason tour ? How can you be expected to properly prepare for the season ahead with one player ?

If anything tonight's result might be a blessing and make the board do whatever it takes to bring in players that are ready to step in now and get us challenging

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I missed most of the game, could someone level headed sum up the game for me?

Ashley R1+O

You should read Reddit, I guess it's more US-centric. It's abysmal.
Yeah, sounds awful. People need to take a holiday from the seriousness of their desperation for it all to be how they want it to be.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
For those attacking Neil Jones, his tweet reads basically exactly the same as Simon Stone's apart from the first sentence, so maybe a bit quick to attack him as trying to stir things up. Really need to see the whole video to get the context.

Every other quote he posted has basically been verified too.
He was definitely at the press conference too.

Won't hold my breath on an apology from TR if the quotes are proven to be true when the video is posted.

whatagoodname

Supports
Liverpool
He was definitely at the press conference too.

Won't hold my breath on an apology from TR if the quotes are proven to be true when the video is posted.
Yep. He's generally not one to stir things up either.

He may have misinterpreted Jose, but i don't think he's making quotes up. Just need to see the video or hear the audio before jumping to conclusions.

Cloud7

The ones from Castael (apparently a wum account)
Ahh cheers, that’s good. Glad that at least the outlook for Pereira isn’t as glum as those tweets made it seem. Still I was somewhat hoping for Sánchez tweet would be fake as well, that is some proper meltdown stuff IMO

Ashley R1+O

Fake tweets?
JESUS does any other manager have to deal with absolute garbage like this? :lol: No wonder Jose despises the media and is a grumpy prick. What a total farce smh.

Damien

Staff
Fake tweets?
JESUS does any other manager have to deal with absolute garbage like this? :lol: No wonder Jose despises the media and is a grumpy prick. What a total farce smh.
The person who spread the fake tweets wasn't a journalist. Just someone who has previous for fabricating stuff to get a reaction (done it with quotes on Woodward etc).

Ashley R1+O

The person who spread the fake tweets wasn't a journalist. Just someone who has previous for fabricating stuff to get a reaction (done it with quotes on Woodward etc).
Exactly, what a total farce. Who else has to deal with this kind of garbage? :lol: Football, bloody hell.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
Andreas and Bailly looked good. It's interesting that Andreas is playing the DM role, I always thought he was an AM. Has his role changed in the past year or was this out of necessity? I think Andreas, as the season moves along, will be playing more than Herrera. I've been a fan of Ander, but he only offers so much.

It's very disappointing that Liverpool could pass at will and advance the ball even in the 2nd half, and we were the opposite. Our only consistent attack was the hopeful long ball. IMO this either means Liverpool has much better younger players than we do, or that Klopp just knows how to get teams to pass and move much better than Mourinho.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Fake tweets?
Worst bit was that the tweets were posted off the back of a poor performance which led most of us to believe them.

PepsiCola

Exactly, what a total farce. Who else has to deal with this kind of garbage? :lol: Football, bloody hell.
Parody twitter accounts parody more clubs/managers than just mourinho.

But the world is against United... or something

PepsiCola

Most the quotes seem to be real. All but the Pereira quote, by the looks of it.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Most the quotes seem to be real. All but the Pereira quote, by the looks of it.
Won't stop certain posters trying to compare it to Hillsborough.
Journalist using mis leading quotes for clickbait shocker.
The only one actually fabricated is one from a known charlatan with no affiliation to the journo posting them.

SpyLuke10

Why didn't we rotate much, its preseason. Don't want to burn out any of our players.

Greck

Fake tweets?
Tbh only one tweet is fake. The rest are likely real but so outlandish many of us choose to wait till they're verified

minoo-utd

Then this pre season tour is just pointless. And when the players who were in the world cup are going to come back ffs?

IppoKun

Supports
Benfica
The video is already on youtube for the people who want to listen to the Post Match (not sure if its complete).

Since I can't post the link:
Youtube ID: poL0Dj3wLkA

Cloud7

Tbh only one tweet is fake. The rest are likely real but so outlandish many of us choose to wait till they're verified
As I said before, the Sanchez quote is even more outlandish than the one we know to be fake. If there’s anyone that I would question the reality of it’s that one. I seriously can’t believe a manager would say that

RedIke

Then this pre season tour is just pointless. And when the players who were in the world cup are going to come back ffs?
To be fair, Jose is having the biggest moan consistently about the tour in general combined with the screwed up off season that has led him to having no real 1st team to work with for the first match. I understand his position

Damien

Staff
Why didn't we rotate much, its preseason. Don't want to burn out any of our players.
I've not seen the press conference yet but from the post match interview that was posted earlier he said this word for word (excuse the poor punctuation):

"While we had gasoline (energy) we compete. At 1:1 after 1 hour, 65 minutes, 70 something like that, after that the gasoline is gone. Liverpool is not just about to have almost all their players, it is also all about their previous matches they rotate players. 45 minutes Salah then 45 minutes Shaqiri then 45 minutes Fabinho then 45 minutes another one. And Herrera, Mata, Alexis, Darmian <snip>* that we have are like 'this'**. They cannot give more so this match was for nothing. Honestly, it was for nothing."
*The <snip> bit I couldn't understand from the video but I interpreted the words to be something like "and the dozen boys"
**'this' is him saying they're exhausted.

Think he's trying to say we don't have the players to rotate whereas Liverpool do and because they've played more matches they've accumulated more fitness.

Damien

Staff
The video is already on youtube for the people who want to listen to the Post Match (not sure if its complete).

Thanks. Doesn't look like it is complete as it ends abruptly and starts without the first question but it should have a fair bit of what has been posted in here. I'll watch it and type up what I can hear for a new thread as the actual quotes if true seem to be a big story.

PepsiCola

Won't stop certain posters trying to compare it to Hillsborough.
Journalist using mis leading quotes for clickbait shocker.
The only one actually fabricated is one from a known charlatan with no affiliation to the journo posting them.
The Hillsborough mention was quite pathetic.

Mourinho fans really be like Trump supporters at times.

ti vu

Pretty much. Only few first team players (very few who are our starters) benefit to accumulate fitness for the start of season

Raoul

Admin
Staff

:lol: The bit about the refs being mistakenly called from the Baseball federation