Man United v Liverpool Post Match

meamth

Ignore the lack of first team players and ignore the result, and concentrate on the way we play. The way those young players have been coached to play. It's very worrying.
Blame Mckenna.

How can you say that? These kids are vastly inexperienced, plans or no plans how to play, these kids will shit themselves with that full stadium on their feet. You add up against Klopp's fitter first team side.

Sampy93

Will he? I can't even tell who Mourinho likes and doesn't like anymore.
Oh my god.. I’ve just seen the quote about loaning him? Mctominay ahead of him?!?!?!? Right he’s honestly lost the plot.

R'hllor

"With McTominay, Fellaini and Matic ahead of him, he needs to choose." that part cant be real.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Well when you see Klopp's team. There is a clear idea of what he is trying to do and he made a lot of changes as well and still they looked like a typical Klopp team. LVG had an idea about how attacking should be done, even if it was a shite idea he still had. With Jose, I just don't see anything. That's all.
Jesus fecking wept.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Like when Liverpool’s youngsters ripped us a new one in the last 20 minutes, even tho we I’m pretty sure had the more established players on the pitch than them.
So, what does this mean then? Non-consequential friendly between youngsters and established pros.
Personally think it will have no bearings on this season.

IppoKun

Supports
Benfica
What a load of bullshit, Mourinho didn't said "Look, do you want him to be very happy with the players he has around him?"

I can't post twitter links, but start checking sources not from the fecking liverpool reporters, anti-mourinho brigade.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
The lack of respect for the squad, youth players and ultimately the club in those comments is depressing. Fergie would never have said that, he would understand and respect the achievement it is for them to get to that point, representing Utd on a global stage, even if it only a pre-season friendly. Meanwhile Mourinho is making sure everyone knows this is nothing to do with him, someone else dropped one in the elevator and he won't be blamed for it.

Mourinho is for Mourinho, not Utd.
one thing is to play absolute doshite of football spendign so much money on players which are underperforming because he's inept to manage them and not having results either and sedon thing is that he's absolute out of respect towards the club and its own players. Just leave already José Moron

Ivor Ballokov

The really funny/depressing thing is that Lukaku is useless when people hoof it at him from miles away too. Never mind Mata/Sanchez, we’re not even playing to his strengths!
He's a bit better than those two but yeah I was going to mention the absurd amount of times Lukaku misses the flight of the ball by about 5 yards. One of the most infuriating sights in football.

The biggest concern for me towards the end of last year was the fact our players looked like strangers as soon as they got the ball, misreading runs/passes and aimless clearances with seeming disregard to where the forwards may be lurking, makes us disjointed in slow build up and useless on the counter, this preseason is not giving me any hope this will be any better going into the season.

Trophy Room

The feck sort of presser was that. Lost it but I can understand his frustrations. :lol: Really is a miserable fecker.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
I honestly can't believe some of these quotes people are posting, did he actually say some of this stuff? Surely fecking not...:lol: I need a video

Andersons Dietician

So, what does this mean then? Non-consequential friendly between youngsters and established pros.
Personally think it will have no bearings on this season.
I don’t think it will either, the scoreline doesn’t matter as such and that isn’t what people are worried about. It was the performance or lack of any understanding that was more of a worry, but also it was Liverpool’s youth who took the game away from us and completely controlled the game. They looked far more dangerous than when they had their big players on. So this narrative of oh the big boys bullied our kids isn’t going to fly.

Affirmation

He really isn't what we need and I truly can't believe or even comprehend some of these quotes. We're a mess in many ways and this is honestly unacceptable.

mav_9me

If those quotes are true then he is setting himself for a good payout. I was already done with him but this has just reinforced it for me.

IppoKun

Supports
Benfica
I'm not sure. I'm assuming they are. Not really that surprising mind. He's a crack head and I can't wait until he fecks off.
Those quotes are not 100% real, but unfortunately people just want a chance to jump on the hate train on Mourinho. That Neil Jones is a freaking liverpool jornalist.

montpelier

Oh i am a fecking bellend you say. Take a hike you clown and go get some extra flashlights, must be really dark up there.
You're mainly being a one man wave of wrong atm, innit?

I understand your (& others) antipathy towards Mourinho but you seem like it's a competition as to how bad he can get 'put down' (can't find the word here)

''but we support Utd, honest we do...'' - after you have also laid into people who are trying to support the team. You must be wrong somewhere, isn't it?

Canagel

This video is different to everything else that is being posted? He says the players were brave, Bailly played injured, Rashford and Jones are coming back early from holiday.
Maybe the posted stuff was from the press conference not the interview straight after the game.

Fully Fledged

This video is different to everything else that is being posted? He says the players were brave, Bailly played injured, Rashford and Jones are coming back early from holiday.
This was straight after the match I think the other quotes are supposed to be from the presser. I haven't seen that so don't know what he said.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Those quotes are not 100% real, but unfortunately people just want a chance to jump on the hate train on Mourinho. That Neil Jones is a freaking liverpool jornalist.
Yeah those are fake quotes. Well I'm happy for Andreas. He's been the standout player this pre season.

Minimalist

Hmmm, wonder why he was there today? *scratching chin*

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Bloody hell - Mourninho's post-match comments are such a downer for the younger players in your touring squad. He's basically written them all off, in public, and then gone on to criticise several members of the senior squad to boot.

I can just can't imagine Pochettino or Klopp or Pep (etc) even remotely saying such things.

LazyRed-Ninja

Dutchman, who could have chosen any tagline.
Agreed but I don't see how that changes the fact that there isn't going to be any change in creativity/service from wide areas. Martial is almost out, Rashford still young and learnin, Mata has regressed. Only positive seems to be Sanchez in great form so far.

So while the addition of Pereira, Fred and return of Pogba and Matic make the midfield strong, the lack of pattern to our attack compounded by the lack of talent on the wings is going to make for a dire season.
Valid points. I do think that with the addition of Fred, that there will be more creativity through the middle. A United team should be able to fire from all cilinders. LW with sanchez and Lukaku up front is world class and if the club can add a right winger who can actually cross balls into the box for Lukaku it would help tremendously.

sanchez Lukaku (Rw?)
Pogba Fred Matic

The midfield and attacking line on paper has serious potential but the problem is that this team gives away chances to easily and there are no natural full backs and an established defense. There is still some time left for additions on the neccesary positions.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I don’t think it will either, the scoreline doesn’t matter as such and that isn’t what people are worried about. It was the performance or lack of any understanding that was more of a worry, but also it was Liverpool’s youth who took the game away from us and completely controlled the game. They looked far more dangerous than when they had their big players on. So this narrative of oh the big boys bullied our kids isn’t going to fly.
Who cares? Its a meaningless friendly. Lets atleast wait until the actual season starts to make judgements. Some of our youngsters may not be good enough. Its clear that our academy isnt producing as it has done previously.

el3mel

Looks like they are fake quotes so apologies again. Can the post be removed?
Why ? Everyone is having fun slaughtering the manager over fake quotes without even checking them. Keep them and bring more to please them.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
I'm sorry but if 50% of those quotes are true we'd be better off starting the season with just McKenna and Carrick. They can't be true

Edit: Simon Stone clarified the Sanchez comment, the other journalist added on an extra sentence he didn't say

Last edited: