Man Utd v Man City odds make a 1-0 win for United a great bet

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
This game has been billed as the most important Manchester derby ever and it is one in which nothing but a win will probably be good enough for Man City as they bid to overhaul United in the title race. The omens are good for an away win here and there should be other bets to add even more interest to this high stakes match.

With home advantage going the way of City it is they who are favourites to win the match, currently available at odds of 5/4 in some places at the time of writing. Home advantage is certainly not to be underestimated at Eastlands, out of Man City's last twenty one home games they have won twenty of them and drawn one. Man Utd are a big price to pretty much wrap up the league title with a win in this match, United are 5/2 with a couple of bookies whilst a draw should be enough to see a 20th league title go the way of United and that outcome is 13/5. The odds may favour City slightly here but the outright Premiership odds certainly don't, Man Utd are still red hot favourites at 1/2 with City way off at 7/4.

Any of the last three results between these two teams at Eastlands would be a very nice result for United, this match was a 0-0 draw last season whilst the previous two trips to Eastlands were won 1-0 by United. That was also the score when the teams met there in 2007 with City sneaking a 1-0 win themselves in the same year but the following season. That means four of the last five league games between the teams at Eastlands have finished 1-0 and the other was 0-0. Under 2.5 goals looks a very good in this match because of this and should be backed at 6/5 whilst at bigger odds the correct score market is going to be very popular.

The best bet in the correct score market has to be a 1-0 win for United at a very generous 12/1, at the very least that scoreline should trade a lot shorter in running. Next best is a bet on 0-0 at 14/1 and at those odds that outcome should probably be covered whatever you are betting on whilst if you want to cover a City win in case worse case scenario happens you could back them to win 1-0 at 9/1. At the odds those three scorelines are available at it might not even be a bad bet to cover all three outcomes.

With so few goals expected there should be plenty more value in the first goalscorer betting than the anytime betting and Wayne Rooney makes by far the most appeal in a game of this magnitude, he is 7/1 with a few bookies to open the scoring which looks a very big price whilst the bookies make Danny Welbeck the second favourite for United at 9/1. If you aren't going for Rooney though the best bet could be Paul Scholes who was the last United player to score at Eastlands in the league, Scholes is a big 20/1 to open the scoring against City on Monday night.

Are you confident of three points on Monday and another Premiership title? What are your best bets for this game? Share them with the tipsters at OLBG where correct tips can win cash prizes.

Bet365 are offering the following special: Simply place a bet before kick-off, then once the game starts place another bet on any In-Play market. If your FIRST In-Play bet loses, Bet365 will refund this stake, up to the same value as your largest pre-match bet (max £50). Place your bet here.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Oh for feck sake. I quit. Why the feck would you do that? Why? The biggest game we have all season and you fecking feck us in the ass. Mother of pearl, I thought you would leave it out just this once.

prateik

If Niall thinks we'll win 1-0, its good enough for me.
Putting my life savings on it.

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott
I'm fancying putting a fiver on a 3-3 draw.. 50/1.
It's 50/1 for a reason. Even those odds seem too short.

With both sides almost certain to set up defensively, I can't see six goals.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ll-it-be-another-happy-Monday-for-United.html

Since losing 1-0 at Southampton on Jan 19, 1998, Sir Alex Ferguson’s team have played in 24 Monday games and avoided defeat each time.
United have racked up 19 victories and five draws in that time, including Monday wins against Tottenham, Wigan and Blackburn this season.
Not since drawing 2-2 at Newcastle on Jan 1, 2007, have United conceded a goal on a Monday - a run of seven games.
With United needing to avoid defeat tonight to retain pole position in the title race, will it be a happy Monday or blue Monday?
So there you go then...

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
I'm thinking of putting a load of money (relative to a student) on City winning the league. It still won't be win-win, but at least there'd be something to be taken out of us not winning the league if we feck it up.

Edit: I see there's a thread regarding this already...

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Don't shoot the messenger guys :nervous:

Neo_Mufc

No way will it be 1-0. 5 or more goals in the last 3 derbies, hopefully that sets the trend.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
Ah yes, because this thread really had an impact on the outcome of the game. Don't be fecking silly.

stubie

Niall you will have to make 2 threads about the odds for City's last 2 games.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
:confused: I never said it affected the outcome. It just looks silly afterwards when we feck up. Or it has the last three weeks.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Can you stop these now? I appreciate the effort and all that it's just terrible luck :lol: