with a nick nack paddywack
Give a dog a bone
Why don't ABU's feck off home! :lol:

An Extremely Boring Man

Retired 39,9999 not out
Davo said:
You've all used the phrase......all of you
Don't think I have

Don't have a problem with people referring to our great club as Man Utd, but personally I've always used United, Manchester United or Man United.

Man Utd sound a bit daft. You never hear anyone say Man C for example...

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
giggzy said:
I've never heard the term Man Utd used in Manchester.
You need to get out more. ;)

I don't think you do so much now because a) you probably don't mix with older United fans, and b) people who would have used it don't any more because they've been bullied into not doing so!

There is an older Manc - I'd guess in his 60s or so, maybe older - who comes on MUTV and says Man Utd every time. I'm sure he's not alone.

Rob Bowman

Greetings,

Interesting thread for me an American. I grew up playing "soccer" and played all the way thru Division One American College level. In my youth I always spent one or two weeks a summer at the old Admiral "soccer" camps. We would typically have two or three English coaches there. I of course adored my old Manchester United away kit (white Admiral shirt with the three black vertical stripes), and wore it frequently. The English Coaches always asked if I knew anything about "Man Utd". I would dutifully tell them what little young American kid, with no internet could, and they would always gladly give me a little more info. It is simply what I have called them for 30 years. Never had any idea, I was even possibly giving offense to my own team or fans. At this point no idea if I will retrain myself, or just keep on calling them "Man Utd"...

interesting :confused:.

Take care,
Rob

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
here in india people usually say 'manchester' or 'Man Utd'.. not to make fun of the club but because of their lack of knowledge.. the ones who say manchester dont have a clue about football and dont care much.. they just hear about it here and there...
and the ones who say Man Utd are the wannabe types who take interest because of it being the popular thing.. theyr the ones who will claim united are fecked because beckham is gone ..and usually know feckall. These are the so called 'glory hunters'.