Manchester City banned from CL for 2 seasons and fined 30 million euros | CAS - Ban lifted, fined 10 million

TrustInOle

Is it bad that I'm not really interested in how this affects the footballing world, but more excited to bask in their salty tears? :nervous:

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Is it bad that I'm not really interested in how this affects the footballing world, but more excited to bask in their salty tears? :nervous:
Don't worry, the salty tears you're looking for will only be due to the positive impact the verdict has on the footballing world

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
One downside to the ban being upheld is the very real chance Leicester then have of playing in the CL. That would probably be more embarrassing to the league than City being found guilty.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Sounds promising :drool:
I don’t know if that sounds promising. Could be “We agree with the CAS decision to not punish players who weren’t involved and accept our £200m fine, we’re delighted with the saving we are making on brown envalopes”

twitter thread suggester
One downside to the ban being upheld is the very real chance Leicester then have of playing in the CL. That would probably be more embarrassing to the league than City being found guilty.
Yeah I don’t care about that at all.

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
City benefit from this no matter what the outcome. They get to act like a big club, say all the right things, all eyes on them, etc. If they don't get banned, great. If they do get banned, so what.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
City benefit from this no matter what the outcome. They get to act like a big club, say all the right things, all eyes on them, etc. If they don't get banned, great. If they do get banned, so what.
Reputation destroyed, out of the ucl.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Cheeseman, Sinclair and Goater already did didn't they?
Cheeseman did on Friday. Sinclair and Goater then followed his lead I think. But I don't think there was any chance that they knew 3 days ago

hubbuh

‘If they get banned, so what’. Yeh, I’m sure they couldn’t care less!

Amarsdd

I'd like to see them punished but tbh now I don't care much if they're banned or not. Mind you, I did care a lot just a few weeks ago.

TrustInOle

Can't really call themselves a big club when they have only been relevant for just over 10 years! :lol:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
When they were in it in 2017 they got to the QF and further than any other English team that year...

Besides, the league can afford to take the hit for one season if they or any other team do badly.

diarm

Bluemoon has crashed I think

Their "cannae take the strain" page is more than a bit shit.