Manchester City under Pep Guardiola | Pep on City v Liverpool ref: "He likes to be special"

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
I do hope this latest bit of whining from City will see a suitable response from the Leicester players later.

Smores

I wish people would read things properly. They have openly said this isn't a one club issue and it is something meant to benefit all.

It's all about the re-refereeing of games and giving suitable punishment if it deserves it. It isn't just City who have been on the end of some shockers, although there have been some absolute horrors in the past couple of months that have only been given a yellow card. I look at the Alli one on Sanchez as something that would be looked at. For me that was a red card but instead the referee gives a yellow and then it can't be reviewed. Rubbish rule that needs changing for the better.

You honestly need to stop being clouded by rivalries and look at the bigger picture. Tackles are part of the game. Fouls that go beyond the reasonable limit aren't and never have been, regardless of your Vinnie Jones examples etc.
:lol::lol:

Saint Pep here to save the integrity of the league, what would we do without him

redsquad

With the amount of diving City do, their players also should be retrospectively banned if they think bad tackles should be relooked at. It's laughable they think they are getting treated unfairly by the refs when they go down at the slightest touch almost every match to gain an advantage.

Blzbud

I think it’s time we all recognized that the way City players are being buthchered, butchered I tell you, makes the first day of the Somme look like a minor kerfuffle on a Friday night outside a kebab house.

I for one would be happy to wear a forget-me-not in my lapel in the second weekend of May in remberance of the sacrifices they made for us in the name of the beautiful game.

MV12

Shite plastic club, shite plastic manager and shite human rights ignoring owners..

Can you tell what I think of them?

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
As long as he brings up the fact that his own players have a penchant for a good horror tackle now and then.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
City's football is nothing short of the best chemistry possible between science and art. So beautiful to watch and yet so effective.

Greck

Gotta applaud the wisdom of building an attack exclusively around players with close control. Oil money helps but some of these players weren't bought on ridiculous prices. The system is great the money just makes it overkill

Canagel

I find them very boring to watch at times. Of course they are a great team but it's very functional and I don't believe they have much better players than us. The difference in terms of points isn't down to the quality of the players. The difference is the sum of the whole is greater than the sum of the parts at Man City. Everyone is well drilled and knows his role in the system. Why have average players like Delph looked so good this season? I don't deny they have quality and the spine of the team that is required to win a league is there but I don't believe individually they are much better than us. They way to close the gap to them is to buy individually exceptional players on the level of a Neymar for example to compensate for the advantage they have in terms of chemistry and how they are drilled. Sanchez is a good start but we need more.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
City's football is nothing short of the best chemistry possible between science and art. So beautiful to watch and yet so effective.
Bet you couldn't wait to type that wonderful piece of poetry! Every time they win.....sigh!

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Bet you couldn't wait to type that wonderful piece of poetry! Every time they win.....sigh!
That would be boring. :) Jokes aside the way they're going it's very difficult for any team in our league to reach their current level. Any other season we would probably be top of the league.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
That would be boring. :) Jokes aside the way they're going it's very difficult for any team in our league to reach their current level. Any other season we would probably be top of the league.
Yeah completely agree buddy. Much as it hurts, you have to acknowledge when a team are better than you...but c'mon every fecking week?? :lol:

I'm 'happy' to give them this season but they won't be so dominant next year, I'm willing to put my house on it!

redIndianDevil

I find them very boring to watch at times. Of course they are a great team but it's very functional and I don't believe they have much better players than us. The difference in terms of points isn't down to the quality of the players. The difference is the sum of the whole is greater than the sum of the parts at Man City. Everyone is well drilled and knows his role in the system. Why have average players like Delph looked so good this season? I don't deny they have quality and the spine of the team that is required to win a league is there but I don't believe individually they are much better than us. They way to close the gap to them is to buy individually exceptional players on the level of a Neymar for example to compensate for the advantage they have in terms of chemistry and how they are drilled. Sanchez is a good start but we need more.
If you find this City team is boring I'm not sure what you would call us this last 4 years or anyone in the PL for that matter. It just looks like you are insanely jealous of their football and brand them "boring" just like many here call Barcelona's 2008-12 team "boring".

Being greater that the sum of all is what makes a truly world class team. I'd suggest you learn to appreciate genius even when it's performed by bitter rivals.

Canagel

If you find this City team is boring I'm not sure what you would call us this last 4 years or anyone in the PL for that matter. It just looks like you are insanely jealous of their football and brand them "boring" just like many here call Barcelona's 2008-12 team "boring".

Being greater that the sum of all is what makes a truly world class team. I'd suggest you learn to appreciate genius even when it's performed by bitter rivals.
I've praised them in my post. Read my post properly before you start spouting rubbish. I never said they aren't a great team and I've always said the football they produce isn't perfected overnight. Everything that is happening this season is a consequence of what they were building from last season and the end product is what you see today. It takes hours and hours of work on the training ground to control games in the way they do and for that they deserve credit. Creativity is subjective and I find it almost too functional and one dimensional that it starts to become boring. Not that they are winning games or because they are a rival team. But because I don't find the style of play very exciting to watch. That's it.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
It's the perfect marriage of showmanship and art: 'shart'.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Bit much but I agree - phenomenal to watch. Makes me angry that we are not on the same planet in terms of fluidity or sexiness.

Canagel

Yeah it's like watching the opera on the pitch and Pep is the conductor right? Nah seriously enough of this rubbish. They're a good team and that's it. No need to make us more depressed and hopeless when we read posts like these man.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Yeah it's like watching the opera on the pitch and Pep is the conductor right? Nah seriously enough of this rubbish. They're a good team and that's it. No need to make us more depressed and hopeless when we read posts like these man.
Probably the wrong thread to be in if you want to avoid those kinds of comments. All the praise is fully deserved at the moment. We'll see how they actually do on the Champion's league stage though.

cyberman

The poster that creates a congratulations to City thread in April / May should be perma banned.
From the internet. For good.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
The poster that creates a congratulations to City thread in April / May should be perma banned.
From the internet. For good.
Saddest thing is that someone will do it.

Shy_Coconut

Yeah, can someone explain this to me?
They have topped out there fanbase. This is the whole reason the expansion plans have been shelved.

On league games there are sections of 2, 3, 4 empty seats all over the ground. On CL nights the cameras occasionally focus on the upper tiers. There are whole sections of empty seats in the 100's.

They are at the highest point that they will ever reach ATM. When Pep leaves attendances will also go down.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
It's just a signal he needs more players. Abu Dhabi are you listening?
A common practice among Managers of wealthy teams.
Mourinho has twice recently rattled the cage just before Lukaku and Alexis were signed.

Blue doomer

Supports
Manchester City
They have topped out there fanbase. This is the whole reason the expansion plans have been shelved.

On league games there are sections of 2, 3, 4 empty seats all over the ground. On CL nights the cameras occasionally focus on the upper tiers. There are whole sections of empty seats in the 100's.

They are at the highest point that they will ever reach ATM. When Pep leaves attendances will also go down.
Can you explain why the Majority of league games are sold out. Also there's still 3'700 on the waiting list and the North stand expansion hasn't been shelved either.

If seasoncard holders wont turn up when its a televised game there's not much you can do about it. Some City fans want the none showers to have their seasoncards suspended if they miss a few games. I'd rather not go down that route.

I think too that with some cheap seasoncards people are just not arsed and pick and choose games. Mine works out at £15.73 a match. And yesterday i couldn't get an extra 4 for friends as it had sold out.

Last edited: