Manchester City under Pep Guardiola | Pep on City v Liverpool ref: "He likes to be special"

VanGaalEra

Would sound like that if he was guilty of it, everytime you faced him - not the case
So you can only accuse someone of being Violent conduct, being a racist and disrespectful if they do it to you every time they see you?

So we can't accuse Suarez of Violent Conduct because he decided to bite a Chelsea and Italy player, we can't accuse him of racism because it was just the one time he racially abused Evra and we can't accuse him of disrespect anymore because we no longer play against him?

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
So you can only accuse someone of being Violent conduct, being a racist and disrespectful if they do it to you every time they see you?
Suarez has been at Barcelona for nearly 3 seasons, no incidents of racism or violence and typically someone guilty of such behaviour can't reign it in - I realize United fans will have their biases towards the player but not comparable to our local rivals who are habitually this way

Suarez has been at Barcelona for nearly 3 seasons, no incidents of racism or violence and typically someone guilty of such behaviour can't reign it in - I realize United fans will have their biases towards the player but not comparable to our local rivals who are habitually this way
Sorry but what are you saying here? He has never been guilty of rascism or biting violence?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
...have you actually watched suarez play for barcelona? No incidents of violence? Really? Refs looking the other way =/= no violent conducts

VanGaalEra

Lol, come on we both know that not to be the case.

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
This thread is veering off topic a fair bit. That said, I'd be interested to learn more about this so-called rampant racism amongst Espanyol fans as it's something I wasn't previously aware of.

VanGaalEra

This thread is veering off topic a fair bit. That said, I'd be interested to learn more about this so-called rampant racism amongst Espanyol fans as it's something I wasn't previously aware of.
I recall Neymar and Alves being targeted during a game. Although I also remember Diop, an Espanyol player, stating he was subject to racial slurs from Suarez.

Seems like a bit of a nasty fixture.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I recall Neymar and Alves being targeted during a game. Although I also remember Diop, an Espanyol player, stating he was subject to racial slurs from Suarez.

Not suarez. Busquets

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City

Sounds like it cuts both ways then. No excuse for the racism of course but aside from that, it's a local derby so it's bound to be nasty in other ways I guess.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
We're not talking about the Luis Suarez who is currently attracting attention for appearing to hit the Villarreal goalkeeper the other night, are we?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He punched and elbowed two different villarreal defenders on the same play in the first 10 minutes of the game, too

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
So @padr81 at what point did you concede you were wrong about your defense mate?

padr81

Supports
Man City
So @padr81 at what point did you concede you were wrong about your defense mate?
I said the system wasn't to blame and it isn't. I always said our defence was good but not great which it is. Our keeper I'll give you because he's too small and weak for the prem.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Jesus Christ, i didn't expect a 4-0 scoreline! Top 4 is their aim now which is something that shouldn't be said about a team earmarked as possible title winners before the season.

Mike09

Pep has pretty much destroyed Man City. They had very good players in the summer, all they need just a few additional like a quality centre back and a quality number 8 but decided to spent the money on a player he doesn't use often (Sane), injury prone Gundogan, and a proven poor and inexperienced defender Stones. Bravo isn't even good either. Pretty much it's his fault not the players fault. Some of the players he bought are proven to be not good enough or injury prone and he still spent big bucks on them and force them to play like Xavi, Neuer and Pique.

Ridge Racer

Supports
Real Madrid
Can we also talk about how shit Bravo's been? conceded 13 goals from the last 20 shots he's faced. That's an appalling record

Guy Incognito

They just can't defend in high pressure situations, or essentially control the ball.

When you press and harass them, they can be got at. You don't even need the ball, just have good interceptors.

ScarleyUtd

I said when he was announced for City that Guardiola will struggle in the Prem. Grew up at Barca, knew the place inside out, went to Bayern where they win near enough every year anyway, then to the Prem which is entirely different. After all the shit we had to put up with LVG I am enjoying this.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
17 million on the most pointless keeper the leagues probably ever seen. 50 million on a dopey lad from Barnsley. Unbelievable stuff.

saivet

Defensively they look shocking. It wasn't good when Pep arrived but looks even worse now. Players need replacing but good organisation and you can get mediocre players looking solid as a unit. He clearly doesn't have a clue.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Can we also talk about how shit Bravo's been? conceded 13 goals from the last 20 shots he's faced. That's an appalling record
Don't know about the previous ones, but today he basically got executed in every goal. Puyol and Pique (more Puyol) may have more to say about Pep's titles with Barcelona than Iniesta, Xavi and Messi, they were constantly saving his ass

WackyWengerWorld

Supports
Arsenal
I thought Everton would win. Koeman does really well against nullifying Arsenal and exploiting our high lines and breaking and defending against possession football. Bad style match up for Guardiola much like it is for us.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Brendan Rodgers finished Pep. It's all been down hill since then.

ScarleyUtd

I thought Everton would win. Koeman does really well against nullifying Arsenal and exploiting our high lines and breaking and defending against possession football. Bad style match up for Guardiola much like it is for us.
Koeman is very underrated I think.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Monaco is gonna tear apart their defense in the CL. They are scoring for fun.

El Zoido

Pep has pretty much destroyed Man City. They had very good players in the summer, all they need just a few additional like a quality centre back and a quality number 8 but decided to spent the money on a player he doesn't use often (Sane), injury prone Gundogan, and a proven poor and inexperienced defender Stones. Bravo isn't even good either. Pretty much it's his fault not the players fault. Some of the players he bought are proven to be not good enough or injury prone and he still spent big bucks on them and force them to play like Xavi, Neuer and Pique.
Yep, bang on. People are saying this isn't his fault, and he hasn't had time. His purchases have been shocking and have cost them points.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Wonder if Pep is thinking about his reputation and legacy at this point. Sticking around might do him more harm than good if he doesn't have the stones for a fight with a squad no better than any of the teams he's competing against.

I hope he sticks around and tries to turn the tide, but he's never struck me as fighter, so I doubt he'll fancy that.