Manchester City under Pep Guardiola | Pep on City v Liverpool ref: "He likes to be special"

padr81

Supports
Man City
I think Bravo sucks all the confidence out of our back 4. He should have saved 2 of those. Stones I'm really starting to question, he's just weak and soft. We need to bench them both after today, appearantly Kompany is fit again so I'd go him and Kolarov for Spurs. Otamendi should be dropped for 5 games for that horrible cowardly dive. Toure went back to old habits and hopefully Fernando plays in that postion v Spurs. Really disgraceful 2nd half today. 0/10 for Bravo, Stones, Iheanacho and 2/10 for Toure on today.

NinjaFletch

Anyone else think he might walk?
Possibly.

He's made no secret that he doesn't really enjoy management and only really sees it as a way to experiment and try out his ideas on how to play the game like a real life Football Manager save.

It doesn't seem like he's enjoying it there.

ZAGREB RED

He looked ready to burst into tears at times today, a few times when the camera was on him, he was just sitting there, looking at the ground, not even watching the game.
With all the rumours about Luis Enrique leaving Barcelona in the summer, there is a ready-made story for the press.
That performance encapsulated everything that is wrong with City just now.

JohnnyKills

It seems teams have worked out how to play against City: press the centre backs and midfielders like crazy when they have the ball, get tackles in and put plenty of balls into the box.

At the moment it seems Guardiola hasn't got an answer, which is pretty pathetic when you think of his reputation as an Uber-coach.

WackyWengerWorld

Supports
Arsenal
Right now they need 2 top centre backs and 2 top midfielders (box to box or DMs). They won't win the league until they do that.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Why is he playing Yaya and Zabaleta as a midfield 2 ? That's just proper insanity. Is everyone else injured? One midfielder he didn't want to have in the squad at all at the beginning of the season and a fullback who lacks the ability to play CM. That line-up today was total madness, lazy attackers who won't protect the defense with great pressing. A midfield with lazy Yaya in it, who never had the stamina to work his ass off and make up for the attackers lack of workrate. And a defense that's simply average.

Considering the money City spent in recent years, that team is just shockingly bad. A few big names in attack who don't work all that well together and a huge mess with lots of average players behind them.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Not sure how he managed it but he's taken them backwards.

Unmutual

City in serious trouble here. Since winning their first six games they've now picked up 24 points from their last 15 games. That isn't even top 6 form, never mind top four.

Their next four games include Spurs at home, Bournemouth away and West Ham away. No easy points there. Only the Swansea game at home looks straightforward. Then they play us.

Not hard to imagine them ending that sequence in sixth place in the league. They need to find some form fast.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Pep's rocking from side to side in his sky interview like a madman...

Minimalist

He's not doing much for dispelling his doubters (not that I'm one). First genuine challenge he's taken (and even still he's got stupid amount of money to spend) and he's been mediocre at best.

FahadiHossein

Pep must be hoping that he had taken the Everton job instead during the summer. :D

The way Everton has been bringing up all these youngsters will remind him of what he used to do at Barcelona.
However, Man City has a crappy football academy and they also treated their youngsters like rubbish. I see a difficult journey for him ahead.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Why is he playing Yaya and Zabaleta as a midfield 2 ? That's just proper insanity. Is everyone else injured? One midfielder he didn't want to have in the squad at all at the beginning of the season and a fullback who lacks the ability to play CM. That line-up today was total madness, lazy attackers who won't protect the defense with great pressing. A midfield with lazy Yaya in it, who never had the stamina to work his ass off and make up for the attackers lack of workrate. And a defense that's simply average.

Considering the money City spent in recent years, that team is just shockingly bad. A few big names in attack who don't work all that well together and a huge mess with lots of average players behind them.
He played a diamond today and against West Ham. Zab's was ok, Toure at DM was absolutely terrible and Pep has to take part of that blame.

--------toure--------
zab--------------kdb
---------Silva-------
---sterling--aguero--

cyberman

But they adapted to Pep's tactics at the start of the season. That good run destroys the argument that his players aren't good enough.
This is all Pep's fault imo, his supporters throwing the players under the bus is embarassing.

Woodzy

His tactical abilities as a manager we can give him the benefit of the doubt for based on past achievements, but his leadership ability should certainly be in doubt at the moment. He looks like a child that has lost his balloon.

3KDré

Mourinho's signings were so much better. We bought 3 WC players, they bought frauds.

Djemba-Djemba

There was a moment after it went 3-0 where the camera cut to Pep on the bench and he looked lost in his thoughts.

Even if it was only fleeting he must have been thinking why did I come here? I think he underestimated how difficult a job this was going to be. Their team is so old.

SirHenryPercy

Supports
spurs
I think Bravo sucks all the confidence out of our back 4. He should have saved 2 of those. Stones I'm really starting to question, he's just weak and soft. We need to bench them both after today, appearantly Kompany is fit again so I'd go him and Kolarov for Spurs. Otamendi should be dropped for 5 games for that horrible cowardly dive. Toure went back to old habits and hopefully Fernando plays in that postion v Spurs. Really disgraceful 2nd half today. 0/10 for Bravo, Stones, Iheanacho and 2/10 for Toure on today.
Bravo is the biggest problem, the whole defensive set-up is compromised because they seem to have zero faith in their keeper.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
Shit, I was hoping for City to put a dent in the Spurs' title hopes next week but this horror show really makes me think they're the most likely to drop out of the top four race at this point.