Manchester City under Pep Guardiola | Pep on City v Liverpool ref: "He likes to be special"

Ban

Some of the reactions on here are ridiculous. They probably should have thumped us on Saturday and tonight if that goal had not wrongly been given offside it would have been a totally different match. City have been fantastic this season and a lot of credit goes to Guardiola.
Lots of ifs and buts.

Trizy

Some of the reactions on here are ridiculous. They probably should have thumped us on Saturday and tonight if that goal had not wrongly been given offside it would have been a totally different match. City have been fantastic this season and a lot of credit goes to Guardiola.
Unfortunately this is correct.

Gonna enjoy this though.

TheReligion

Abusive
Not really. They should be criticised like anyone else. They bottled the two biggest games of the season (Anfield leg and the Manchester Derby). This place would go mental if United had done that.

Canagel

Can't believe people thought this City team could actually win the CL. I shudder to think what Real Madrid or Bayern Munich would've done to them. Their weaknesses have been well and truly exposed. Their defenders aren't that good but they've been protected well all season. Attack them and they fall like a pack of cards.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
These are the games where teams are judged - it’s why we lionise our 99 and 08 teams while the 99-00 team is largely forgotten despite walking the league.
Then that would discount the teams that won the league from 93-98. feck what anyone says, there's no stain on 1997 or 1994.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Will never understand why he didn't start Aguero. Jesus was just a passenger in this game, it was like City were playing with 10 players.

Aguero >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jesus.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Lots of ifs and buts.
I like how they are talking about City being unlucky, as if they haven't been the luckiest team in the league this season.

Favorable injury record (players barely get injured and a lot of injuries are short term) and a huge amount of last minute winners out of their arse.

The Bloody-Nine

Stuffed 5-1 on aggregate. Sadly, the wankers in the press who declared them the greatest PL team of all time will simply pour all of the praise on Klopp and pretend they never said it in the first place.

Shitebags.

Skills

Snitch
Not really. They should be criticised like anyone else. They bottled the two biggest games of the season (Anfield leg and the Manchester Derby). This place would go mental if United had done that.
They won the important one to pretty much kill the title race in December.

el3mel

Hopefully next season teams stop being cowards against them. Loads of midtable teams lost mentally against them without before entering the pitch and just played to defend and delay the inevitable. Press their crap defense. They can score but you'll score also by pressing them anyway.

Red Star One

Yeah, other than this second half, where I think Pep massively fecked up getting suspended, and it showed on the team, I loved the response from the team. Hell, even after 2-2 on Saturday it was a solid showing with some good chances. It's weird how this week has panned out, but it's not like there are some huge flaws in the system or anything. Which is something the majority of these late posts are suggesting.
He fecked up tactically in all three games and his players fecked up mentally big time too. Tie with Liverpool was their biggest game this season, a chance to win this title this early and against their biggest rival was arguably one of the most important games in the league too - are at least should be, if we assume they have some fans. Not being able to show your class when it matters and giving up all your chances by being sent off in the HT when all you need is 2 goals against Liverpool at your home turf is a huge flaw, if you ask me.
I’d be extremely bitter if I were a City fan.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Agree.

Ban

Credit to Pep, has walked the league. But just like in Germany he has again folded in the CL.

As it was said here I hope other teams will be a lot braver next season. This team is good but it isn't a second coming.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
The important derby was earlier in the season. The one that we needed to win in order to stay in the race.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Will never understand why he didn't start Aguero. Jesus was just a passenger in this game, it was like City were playing with 10 players.

Aguero >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jesus.
Jesus is great at picking up space and is a very good finisher tbf to him - but he's pretty average in everything else. He's just a poacher. Actually not sure there is much between him and what Chicharito was for us under Sir Alex.

R'hllor

Credit to Pep, has walked the league. But just like in Germany he has again folded in the CL.

As it was said here I hope other teams will be a lot braver next season. This team is good but it isn't a second coming.
Yea, hope teams have a got but tbh and this is not a dig at us, we should show the way to other teams in our home game vs them, things could be different.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Jesus is great at picking up space and is a very good finisher tbf to him - but he's pretty average in everything else. He's just a poacher. Actually not sure there is much between him and what Chicharito was for us under Sir Alex.
Aguero is great at finding space and finishing too. Aguero is also capable of scoring from out of nothing and much better footballer. Should have at least started both or Aguero alone.

Morpheus 7

Great week for them, they collapsed mentally again. They have played the best football in the premier league, deserving champions but are far from flawless. Wonder how the press will dress them up as still being the best ever.

Denis_unwise

They have lost twice to Klopp who plays football that is Kryptonite to Guardiola's preferred football and lost to United in a dead rubber after ringing some changes. No serious conclusions can be drawn from these three defeats. I expect them to hammer Spurs
Saturday was anything but a dead rubber. It was the most important game of the season for most City fans. If they'd got the result they would have rubbed our noses in it for an eternity. They made some changes to the team but it wasn't like they played the kids.

There's no doubt they are good but they also had lady luck on their side earlier in the season. The luck is now starting to desert them & they are looking ''normal'' as a result. Think Spurs will beat them next game, they will be going into the game tired & with zero confidence. Luckily for them they have a few games against the dross which will see them over the line.

TheReligion

Abusive
Yeah, other than this second half, where I think Pep massively fecked up getting suspended, and it showed on the team, I loved the response from the team. Hell, even after 2-2 on Saturday it was a solid showing with some good chances. It's weird how this week has panned out, but it's not like there are some huge flaws in the system or anything. Which is something the majority of these late posts are suggesting.
The worry is the players have bottled it massively. First the CL tie then the derby from a 2-0 lead.

Tonight you looked devoid of any real idea Infront of goal and folded easily again. Not much to be proud of tbh.

el3mel

Only in Caf you can see United fans defending City for getting knocked out of CL..

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
He fecked up tactically in all three games and his players fecked up mentally big time too. Tie with Liverpool was their biggest game this season, a chance to win this title this early and against their biggest rival was arguably one of the most important games in the league too - are at least should be, if we assume they have some fans. Not being able to show your class when it matters and giving up all your chances by being sent off in the HT when all you need is 2 goals against Liverpool at your home turf is a huge flaw, if you ask me.
He fecked up big time that first leg, but City were probably still a few marginal offside decisions away to get a solid result. But he certainly overthinked it as it happens with him in Europe quite often these day. And that sending off was annoying as hell, but I can sort of live with it, especially as I think they have some history with Lahoz, and let's be fair that decision was shocking.

(I don't think there was too much wrong in the way he approached the derby.)

MoskvaRed

Then that would discount the teams that won the league from 93-98. feck what anyone says, there's no stain on 1997 or 1994.
I never hear anyone claim a pre-99 United side was the greatest of the premier league era. Plus that side had to deal with (for part of that time) the foreigner rule and the readaptation to European football after the Heysel ban, and English clubs were relative paupers compared to Serie A in those days. City have no excuse - richest league, richest club, A list manager and they still come up way short.

finneh

Expected them to have a dodgy run earlier in the season but a kind fixture list when they've been stalling and several late winners have kept confidence artificially high. It's a shame that after the last Liverpool result for example they had three consecutive home games against Bristol City, Burnley & Watford. Likewise they could easily have had 3 points from their opening 3 fixtures which would have extinguished their air of invincibility before it started. The same with the So'ton, Huddersfield, Feyenoord & West Ham games end of November / early December.

Canagel

Winning only the PL and league cup is an underachievement when you consider the title was wrapped up in December. It's been a good season for Man City but that's it. The real target was the CL and all the talk just a few weeks ago was about closing the title as quickly as possible to focus on the CL. As of today Pep has done nothing more than his predecessors Mancini and Pellegrini. The owners will have to ask some questions. They would've wanted a better showing in the CL.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Only in Caf you can see United fans defending City for getting knocked out of CL..
Cmon now, City are gonna win the league so that means they are the greatest english team ever and can't be criticized. Did I mention they play the best football ever seen in the history of football?

Gazautd18

;)

el3mel

Cmon now, City are gonna win the league so that means they are the greatest english team ever and can't be criticized. Did I mention they play the best football ever seen in the history of football?
When I just talk about all the quadruple and treble stuff. :lol: