Kick-off
Sun, 2 October 2022 @ 2:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Dan_F

You’ve got to wonder what they’ve actually been doing since the cancelled games. There’s no resemblance of any kind of game plan, which clearly you need against City.

How he didn’t make a change at 2-0 down is mental, everyone could see where it was going. Every single player in front of the back four strolling around.

They didn’t even pressure us in possession. Literally just letting us have the ball and waiting for us to try and progress the ball through midfield, knowing it’s going straight back to them.

This is the easiest game City will play all year.

Bobski

Not changing a winning team is fine but you have to look at whats in front of you. This midfield had 0 chance against this city team. Bruno essentially plays as a striker, Eriksen has done well in a deeper role but he’s not a natural CM and Mcsauce is well, himself. We didn’t have a prayer against these guys with that midfield. It is horrible team selection and I said it in this thread before the game.
    It had to be both, compact shape, sit deep, play on the break, naive tactics really from ETH.

Banana Republic

Look at how much the City offensive players work off the ball. It’s night and day. When they lose the ball they press like crazy and work their asses off. Even Haaland is doing defensive work.
    That’s how top teams in the modern era have to play.
    The most important, most capable and hardest working defenders in the team should be all the midfield, with the forwards working hard to press, harass and win the ball, being the front line of defence.
    The 4 guys at the back are just there to mop up and provide a wall of defence at the back.

None of our forwards or attacking midfielders, on the pitch or on the bench, have any defensive capabilities at all.
    They're also physically weak and cannot compete in the physical battles.
    That’s why the turnovers are coming easily and City are able to snuff out any forward movement from Utd.

Sayros

Supports
    Paris Saint-Germain
    Is this City’s easiest game of the season so far?

Rayman96

Supports
    Also supports Rangers
    Is this really what happens when that bunch of idiots get away from ETH for a week?
    Everything forgotten. Brains reset.
    Its like training someone at work to do a new job and they come back after the weekend and they have forgotten everything from last week.
    We really have the thickest players football wise in the league. Cant think of any other explanation

pocco

loco
    Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
    Haaland is a cheat code.
    But our front have been atrocious to. Rashford and Sancho have been worthless.
    McT back to his worst. Bruno doing nothing but throw the ball away. Eriksen alone in midfield and has been completely marked out the game. Martinez has looked toothless. I want him to hurt Foden. Our players don't hurt them enough. Foden and Grealish suddenly look good because we aren't aggressive at all.

McT, Bruno, Sancho out. In with Case, Martial and Fred. Move to Eriksen to AM.
    He's been garbage. Not sure what you're on about with that assessment.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
    The last ten years we have just shat on Fergusons legacy.

I said it about 5/6 years ago that i am waiting to see a man utd team dominate a Guardiola team. It just never happens.

I am getting sky sports off my fathers account, he watches all different kinds of sports, but if i were paying for it myself i would just cancel it altogether. Fed up of the last ten years.

Dobba

You’ve got to wonder what they’ve actually been doing since the cancelled games. There’s no resemblance of any kind of game plan, which clearly you need against City.

How he didn’t make a change at 2-0 down is mental, everyone could see where it was going. Every single player in front of the back four strolling around.

They didn’t even pressure us in possession. Literally just letting us have the ball and waiting for us to try and progress the ball through midfield, knowing it’s going straight back to them.

This is the easiest game City will play all year.
    Playing absolutely pointless international friendlies across the globe.

Rojofiam

How have these cnuts not managed to win the CL is beyond me. Best club side in the world since 2017

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
    People are too obsessed with ‘mentality’ and all that jazz. The difference today is tactical and quality alone.

Robindinho

Call me captain hindsight, but you can't go to City and set up with this midfield... Just naïve, far too open. No legs in Bruno/Eriksen and Mctominay is just a headless chicken - needlessly pressing, then just jogging back.

Casemiro had to start.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
    I have never understood managers who don't adapt according to the opposition. yes we want to see pretty attacking football, but I'd rather see Jose-style park the bus than get tanked

Red00012

Think Casemiro will start after this game from now on, so much space in the middle, also think Oliver screwed us by booking both fullbacks after one tackle, Malacia more deserved than Dalot in my opinion.
    Ya granted we’ve been shite Michael Oliver has not done us any favours

mav_9me

Yes I am aware, that is the point. I saw the alarm in the victory against Arsenal and knew that we wouldn’t get away with a similar performance, despite the win.

We cannot keep the ball unless the game is played at a ridiculously slow tempo. We have never been a high-tempo passing and moving team for pretty much most of my life.
    Not since 2006-2007.

Ceteris

This lands squarely at the manager's feet, set up and tactics all wrong. Don't know who told him balls over the top will work but that's all we doing

Luka Mora

Antony and Sancho will never be top wingers in this league…

just no where near dynamic and athletic enough
    Madness we spent a combined fee of 160 million on these two guys. I was hoping for a lot more from Antony, even though it's early days, it's not been positive so far barring a well taken goal against Arsenal.

Sancho though very inconsistent and always seems to fall away in the big games.

Parma Dewol

Expected this to be extremely tough, but really didn’t think we’d be this poor, especially in the forward third.

City have made some mistakes and we haven’t looked like capitalising. If I remember right, they gave the ball away before the first goal and Sancho (maybe Rashford?) had a great opportunity to setup a counter. Instead gave it away really poorly and we conceded moments later.

So frustrating we’ve regressed so badly after the break. We had to be up for this game but a fair few players have withered under the pressure of the occasion.

As good as City have been, we’ve not laid a finger on them.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
    Sat the kids down an hour before kick off to tell them their mum has brain cancer (genuinely, sorry for the gloom).

Put the game on hoping for something, anything, some fight, to give us a bit of a lift.

And then they do that. Cnuts. All of them.
    So sorry to hear this :(

Matt851

Don't even try to pretend that ronaldo would be as poor as sancho and rashford have been. the problems start each time when we don't hold the ball up front - then they just break on us. antony and bruno might as well have stayed in bed
    Ronaldo has had plenty of anonymous games for us and for Portugal recently

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
    United have had countless historic moments he’s commentated over, it’d be pretty difficult for him not to have moments but you’ve got your ears to the wind if you don’t pick up his sly digs.

Anyway we’re 4-0 down, I could give 2 craps going back & forth with a Tyler ****.
    :lol:

Loon

:lol:
    Sat the kids down an hour before kick off to tell them their mum has brain cancer (genuinely, sorry for the gloom).

Put the game on hoping for something, anything, some fight, to give us a bit of a lift.

And then they do that. Cnuts. All of them.
    feck football and feck United. It’s just a day and a result.

I truly wish your Mrs the very best for a victory over that cnut of a disease.

Bastian

Supports
    Mejbri
    Well, reality descending like a lead balloon. We are getting half chances, and without a ruthless finisher we need to create a lot more chances - and we can’t get on the ball enough. Eriksen is the only attacker with quality to unlock Cuty, but City doesn’t have deficiencies in their squad like Dalot, and Lindelof, and Rashford as a goal-scoring threat is simply on another planet compared to Haaland.

Foden is the most chav-looking chav I’ve ever seen. fecking scrote. When did Haaland start looking like a caveman? His facial structure looks like heavy steroid use, but the FA would care about illegal doping as much as they’d care about sports washing.

It is weird to see this Oil City monstrosity and (some) people acting like there’s nothing amiss with a state owning a club. Some people are acting like this is a fact everyone should just forget, when it is like doping in the Tour de France. It’s not a small detail. FFP is a disgrace.

What can we do at this point? We need Antony and Sancho to attack their man, not stop and pass inside. We need Eriksen to get on the ball, and this is the worst I’ve seen him in United colors. Bruno is sloppy as well, but we know this. Why have Casemiro and not play him?

I hate this City team and Guardiola. And it’s only getting worse. In time Newcastle will join City. And the announcers don’t say anything.
    Didn't you hear? The PA went "and now, draped in blood and oil, stand up for the champions, #1 Ederson (applause) #2 Walker..." etc.

My position is that all their success is completely hollow. And if we were owned by a similar entity my enjoyment in following United would completely evaporate. However, they are an incredible team and we are a pretty terrible team.

Irwin99

Didn't like how the ref set the tone, giving out soft yellow cards for first challenges. Dalot had to be cautious from the get go, but the midfield have been wasteful in possession and our defence have been under pressure from the start because the midfield and front 3 offer no hold up player or attacking outlet which have threatened City's defence
    Yeah I thought the card set the tone pretty early. City have been outstanding, there’s no way to live with them but we should expect better than this. A solid midfield and some actual help for the full backs would be nice.

r0663664

Worships Man City
    I want to see Casimero and Garnacho. Please take Sancho, if anyone wants him 50 mil will go.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Not that it matters, but Casemiro and Fred for McTominay and Eriksen, Elanga and Ronaldo for Antony and Sancho, Rashford to the wing.

Quagmire Maguire

There's taking a lose and there's taking a LOSE. We haven't laid a glove on them and our big name players who are probably on more money than their lot our hiding.

Rashford is looking for a new contract. Is he seriously worth 250k????
    Been saying it for years, unfortunately he had a couple of games where he managed to score so his vocal support are fully back and I believe he will get his pay rise and continue to stink up the club for another 5+ years. Awful player, and that's not knee jerk been screaming it for years!

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
    all that said, now do people see why I was so against those damn stupid postponements?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Anthony Martial image Anthony Martial 68% of 246 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

3.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 252 ratings.

Score Predictions