Manchester tier 3 - no fans allowed. London and Liverpool Tier 2 and can have fans.

Odin

Mass testing.

Does that curve capture the entire mass testing period? If they have "randomly" selected test persons, their inference from the curve makes sense.

If they've tested by probable exposure and suspicion, that curve is not unexpected and could possibly be explained by initial entrainment in detecting "most probable" candidates, followed by a period of testing increasingly less likely candidates.

There are surely several potential explanations other than the obvious "it must be in decline". The interpretation of the data is not necessarily straightforward- if they are not randomly selected, any pattern could appear from other factors.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Assume whatever the region it's home fans allowed only and not any away fans?

Gasolin

This sounds pretty unfair to me, but is there really nothing that can be done for Manchester to be at least level 2?

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
From business pov 2000 fans is a losing money number i hazard a guess.

You need certain numbers to hit minimum number.

Opening certain services (stewards, security, etc)

Imagine a full fledge restaurant opens for 20 people only. Losing money from services alone.

So much for a fair competition!

While it's unprecedented times, allowing some clubs to have fans and others not just makes a mockery of home/away matches.
you are right to some extent. But what impact it will have, who knows.

but even if we brought back all fans now, then there will be arguments that some teams are disadvantages more than others, because they may have played harder teams at home without any crowds.

to be honest, I don’t care whether it has an impact on competition, it’s better to get fans back in the stadiums, even if it means we can’t get fans at United yet.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Where's bollocks about no singing and shouting coming from?

Surely a joke, right?

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If mass testing is effective enough to stop the spread in Liverpool to the extent they claim, when are we in GM going to get mass testing? We’ve been in the middle of a spike for months now, surely if there’s an effective method of culling that we should be all over it.

LARulz

Won't the argument not just be about fans but the revenue? Tier 2 clubs can make some money but Tier 3 not?

TrueRed1999

Somehow bleaker than Nostradamus

While it's unprecedented times, allowing some clubs to have fans and others not just makes a mockery of home/away matches.
Apparently fans will not be allowed to chant or do much according to reports I have seen :lol::lol::lol:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Its fine. It's the best of a bad situation. Cities (and the clubs within them) who handled the virus better than others would essentially be punished for others not handling things well if it was an all for one rule, so while this puts us slightly behind, its still the right thing to do IMO.

The no singing or shouting thing won't be enforced, no way to do it.

TrueRed1999

Somehow bleaker than Nostradamus
Its fine. It's the best of a bad situation. Cities (and the clubs within them) who handled the virus better than others would essentially be punished for others not handling things well if it was an all for one rule, so while this puts us slightly behind, its still the right thing to do IMO.

The no singing or shouting thing won't be enforced, no way to do it.
Lets be clear this is a POLITICAL decision due to the Mayor of Manchester calling out the corrupt tory government and fair play to him least some one is trying to stick up for the North, and football 2000 fans won't make a pinch of a difference to top club incomes I would say it is even more against those who desperately who are just trying to survive, they need fans more than the likes of the Scousers and the rest.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
They are making it harder and harder to care about football this year.

The farce of internationals accelerating the spread of covid among players in a supposed bubble is one thing. The tight schedule and injuries/burnout and low quality of some of the games is another.

Now, certain teams will have fans to play for and a clear advantage over other teams in the same division?

Honestly, if there was going to be no care or consistency, I don’t know why they even bothered starting the season.

Swiss_Red89

Do any of you guys know how long the current "Tier classification" is valid and in which periods it will be updated?

Swiss_Red89

It's being reviewed on the 16th December
Thanks mate. I hope Manchester will be Tier 2 until then.

I really want to see some reds back in the stands at Old Trafford. Hard to watch the games with a empty Old Trafford for much longer. It just isn't the same. With away games i actually care a lot less ironically:lol:

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
It’s been happening in the NFL all season - I don’t think 2-4K people will make much of a difference at the big stadiums.

It’s nice to see fans coming back slowly anyway.

Camilo

Perfect, our victim mentality fanbase have a perfect excuse for our shitness now.

90 + 5min

Absolutely diabolic.

Isn't this a game that should be played equally?

Isn't this a country where people and jobs should be treated equally?

saivet

From business pov 2000 fans is a losing money number i hazard a guess.

You need certain numbers to hit minimum number.

Opening certain services (stewards, security, etc)

Imagine a full fledge restaurant opens for 20 people only. Losing money from services alone.
I believe quite a few of these activities have had to happen with no fans anyway, certainly the case with stewards and security.

Green_Red

The whole thing makes no sense. I can go to a barber but I can't sit in a restaurant and eat some food? What a pack of feckwits!

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular

They were doing the same thing in Germany. (At least at the start of the season, not sure how that developed as the situation changed.) I wonder how it was received over there.

Where's bollocks about no singing and shouting coming from?

Surely a joke, right?
This was also done in the Netherlands. In no time, supporters were out in full force again - followed by a threat by the government that stadiums would close completely again if that didn't change. I think that helped quiet people down, although stadiums eventually closed again anyway due to rising infection numbers. (@KirkDuyt might have better info.)

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
They were doing the same thing in Germany. (At least at the start of the season, not sure how that developed as the situation changed.) I wonder how it was received over there.

This was also done in the Netherlands. In no time, supporters were out in full force again - followed by a threat by the government that stadiums would close completely again if that didn't change. I think that helped quiet people down, although stadiums eventually closed again anyway due to rising infection numbers. (@KirkDuyt might have better info.)
No it's true, our PM said, you don't need to sing just say "hup!"

I'm not entirely convinced our PM is an actual human being, mind you. If anyone is an animated construct created by the lizard people to keep the regular man down, it's Mark Rutte.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
No it's true, our PM said, you don't need to sing just say "hup!"

I'm not entirely convinced our PM is an actual human being, mind you. If anyone is an animated construct created by the lizard people to keep the regular man down, it's Mark Rutte.
The 'hup' comments was probably the most out-of-touch thing I have heard this year. Rutte is hilarious in a clueless sort of way.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
2,000 fans in premier league stadiums will feel madness. Like some sort of youth cup match. But even for that United would probably still get 15,000.

2,000 fans at Tottenham or Liverpool or somewhere would mean about 10 fans in each massive block of seats. Probably quite costly to open and causes loads of problems of how and who is picked to come.

If no noise is allowed they might as well stick with the cardboard cut outs in the crowd! Or install some of those WWE style video screens!

Mibabalou

53', 93', 94', 99', 90+1', 90+3', 26', 34'
I understand its very different stakes and culture but here in the states in has been like this since about June.

Some MLS sides have had a small number of fans throughout and some, like the side I have season tickets for in NYC havn't had fans since matchday 1. I havent looked into the stats but generally teams who were expected to be good were and it seems in person fans didnt make an average side pushing for top of the table.

Yes it is unfair but all in all some states dont allow in person and some do, saying that I do not think I would have gone even if allowed.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Can only blame the people in the area
Nonsense. Same behaviour across the country. We just all live on top of each other in NW. London was also the epicentre of the virus in the spring/summer. This time it's been here in the NW probably because more people in London had already had it earlier in the year and still have antibodies.

AFC NimbleThumb

2000 fans in 40/50/60k stadiums really isn’t worth the bother surely.

Anyone actually have the breakdown of what it costs a club to put a game on?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Conspiracy :lol:

The tiers are based on various factors, like infection rates, capacity of the NHS etc infection rates in the North West have been consistently amongst the worst in the country.
Pretty sure it’s based on the council asking for it. At least that seems to be the case in Lancashire.

Can’t imagine Manchester asked for it though.

always_hoping

Not sure how it's possible to stop supporters from singing or shouting unless the few thosuands let in are the prawn sandwiches supporters?

What's the plan in place for supporters coming and going to stadiums? I wouldn't be too keen boarding a packed tram back into Manchester City centre nowadays.