Manchester tier 3 - no fans allowed. London and Liverpool Tier 2 and can have fans.

McTerminator

Theres a far bigger picture at stake than some equality in the PL... if we just continue to delay marginal moves to normality on competition equality rules, it'll take forever.
Utter Nonsense.

Either we are in dire straights and need to be locked down or we aren’t. Boris already admitted that local lockdowns didn’t work to do it again would be farcical.

I’m sure Boris would love to put Manchester in tier three lockdown, but that has less to do with Covid and more to do with Andy Burnham publically showing him up.

There is no way that London is at less risk of a third wave than Manchester, think about it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's not the best in terms of fairness, but 2,000 fans barely allowed to clap, all spread out in a big stadium is hardly much of an advantage.

London to be Tier 3 again. What will happen for greater Manchester?
I can see all the northerners celebrating, as if it’s a competition, that they were previously losing!

I still think that we should ‘cancel Christmas’ across the board. The country will be off the leash and do what they want and see who they want. The repercussions are going to be dramatic in January.

it’s not baa humbug, but for goodness sake, we don’t need big family Christmas’ this year.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's not the best in terms of fairness, but 2,000 fans barely allowed to clap, all spread out in a big stadium is hardly much of an advantage.
So what happened to the not allowed to clap? :lol: Look at Fulham V Liverpool, they were practically all in 1 stand all over each other!

The atmopshere actually sounded really decent too - 2000 fans is definitely more than enough to make a difference.

georgipep

So what happened to the not allowed to clap? :lol: Look at Fulham V Liverpool, they were practically all in 1 stand all over each other!

The atmopshere actually sounded really decent too - 2000 fans is definitely more than enough to make a difference.
Fans are not allowed in the whole stadium. They are in the side sectors, behind each goal. It's a stupid decision to allow fans at all.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
It is only just stating the obvious that for some teams to be allowed fans (even if only 2000) and others not, corrupts the integrity of the league season. I've seen enough games since the fans were allowed back to see how obviously it helps.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
A joke of a decision. In the end, might as well sit all together and claim they are all from the same household.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I saw the crowds with no masks and packed next to each other. What's the point of having only 2000 fans when they're packed in (what seems like) 2200 seats?

Spread them out ffs.

hubbuh

I saw the crowds with no masks and packed next to each other. What's the point of having only 2000 fans when they're packed in (what seems like) 2200 seats?

Spread them out ffs.
Or just don't fecking have them until everyone can?!

Josep Dowling

How many time did the camera show the fans with a mask not even over their nose? I can’t grasp how these people don’t understand that doesn’t protect you at all and you may as well not wear the mask.

Also why are fans being put into one stand? Makes no sense at all.

always_hoping

Spread them out ffs.
Makes no sense of all. No social distancing in the kop and most wearing the masks on their chins.

DickDastardly

Liverpool degenerates.

What i don't understand is why is nobody reacting to it?

You do have some kind of cdc or public health in England, right?
Fecking spread them apart.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Fans are not allowed in the whole stadium. They are in the side sectors, behind each goal. It's a stupid decision to allow fans at all.
Did you watch the Liverpool game? same situation there. probably 90% of them in the Kop. Clubs are lumping them all together as much as possible to make the best atmosphere.

big rons sovereign

Fully expecting only Liverpool to be allowed fans soon, and not Everton either :lol: what a joke
It's to do with the success of the mass testing apparently, but my old man has been on about it.
He's been working in Liverpool recently and said he had to go get tested every other day at the mass testing centre, never saw anybody else there.
Mentioned it to the nurse who said in the few weeks she'd been there, she'd never seen more than a few people show up each day.
I'm not surprised to see such a lax attitude really.
I'm not saying that it's just Liverpool, I dare say it would be the same in any city, the public generally tend to be fecking morons.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Or just don't fecking have them until everyone can?!
This is just far too sensible to be the outcome.

It should have been the decision from the start. It's not just about who is allowed and who isn't, but also about what is fair. 2000 fans can make a fair old noise, and it's certainly noticeable compared to zero fans.

Superunknown

How many time did the camera show the fans with a mask not even over their nose? I can’t grasp how these people don’t understand that doesn’t protect you at all and you may as well not wear the mask.

There has to be a special word for people who wear the masks under their nose. Really special breed, they are.

Thought it was completely ridiculous seeing the fans all bunched in together in yesterday's game. A complete piss take. The rules stopped making sense months ago, if they ever really did at all.

being out in one stand is pretty obvious. Less staff needed, less toilets to be cleaned etc.

Don’t understand people who put the mask under their nose. Idiots.

iHicksy

You're talking nonsense if you think 2k fans makes no difference. If you've ever played football and taken a penalty then even a small crowd can have some effect on the pressure. 500 people behind the goal shouting abuse at you or your own fans watching in anticipation increases the pressure 10 fold. If you've watched any of the games so far then in the majority i've seen fans are chanting and shouting - you can hear the abuse on tv with artificial crowd noise off.

georgipep

Did you watch the Liverpool game? same situation there. probably 90% of them in the Kop. Clubs are lumping them all together as much as possible to make the best atmosphere.
Yeah, I still do not understand why they thought allowing fans in the stadiums now would be a reasonable idea... Imagine the pressure they are under to do *something*

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Looks like all of Greater Manchester, including Trafford, staying as Tier 3. So no fans at the Leeds match on Sunday.

djembatheking

It is a huge advantage having a crowd like last night and made a big difference in driving them on to get the win . There is no level playing field anymore.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
You're talking nonsense if you think 2k fans makes no difference. If you've ever played football and taken a penalty then even a small crowd can have some effect on the pressure. 500 people behind the goal shouting abuse at you or your own fans watching in anticipation increases the pressure 10 fold. If you've watched any of the games so far then in the majority i've seen fans are chanting and shouting - you can hear the abuse on tv with artificial crowd noise off.
I’ve said it before, we wouldn’t be anywhere near the position we are in now if there were fans in the ground. 2,000 or 30,000 doesn’t matter it would make a huge difference.

Okey

Feck Covid. I'm just sick of it all now. Too little has made sense since all this started. Today they also tell us the hospitals are not as full as this time last year. Yet Christmas is almost cancelled and I haven't been at Old Trafford since that blessed March 8. No fans till all clubs can have them!

fezzerUTD

Why? Fake statistics lead by a fake horrible government. These all should be hung.