Manchester United 0:1 Atletico Madrid (Sat 30th July, 12:45 UK time)

twitter thread suggester
You can see why ETH wants reinforcements in attack.

Acquire Me

Varane injured again? We are never going to get the best out of him and have him starting every week are we? As much as I don't like Maguire at least he is nearly always fit to play.

I take it Martinez is behind Lindelof and Maguire fitness wise due to less pre season, being the reason he isn't starting today and will start tomorrow instead?

Is Shaw injured?

We still need another attacker, because my biggest worry going into next season is Elanga starting when one of the following gets injured; Martial Rashford, Sancho or Ronaldo (if he stays).
No, he is ill.

Blood Mage

Quite astonishing that we're going into a new season with the attack and midfield options that we have. Unless we bring in two new players for these areas we can forget about top 4.

Fooza

What the feck has happened in here :lol:

Some people need to step away from their phones/keyboards and get a grip!
The anger from last season is still there when seeing most of these players still starting, that's what it is. EtH arrival won't prevent it unless we get a good start to the season.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I agree with this. Although we haven’t really been tested properly in pre-season, so if we see a performance like the second half against Villa then it will really bring home what a terrible job we’ve done of beefing up our squad for the new manager. Which will be depressing as hell.
Yep. Though also good to be aware of before the transfer window closes, I guess.

The attack in particular looks thin.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Ugh Elanga. Hope Sancho is fine for next week. Exhibit A of why getting a new wide player is absolutely vital, as Elanga is a bit shit and can't actually do anything, yet we have to resort to him the second someone gets sick or injured or rested.

kps88

What the feck has happened in here :lol:

Some people need to step away from their phones/keyboards and get a grip!
It's like everyone has suddenly remembered what our squad looks like.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I am thinking the admins and mods need to do some bans. It’s just toxic as feck :lol:
A lot of this would be solved by simply stopping newbies being able to post in the mains. It's unfair on some but good quality posters have always been noticed and promoted fairly quickly. It's what always separated this forum from the pack

Acquire Me

Thanks. Do you know what his illness is and if he will play tomorrow?

Also why has ETH put used two sub spots for GK's? Wouldn't it have been better to use an outfield player even if he is preparing to play all the other players tomorrow.
They only said ill, so guessing summer flu or something like that. Sancho got summer flu. Should be good to go both of them soon enough.

I don’t know about the keeper situation, but if I should guess, it might be that they see Kovar as a third keeper this season?

MrBest

New signings cannot come soon enough, it is depressing seeing the same names that destroyed us last year. Yes I am allowed to be annoyed at this.

Saying that, cannot wait to see Martinez and Erikson come on, Garner on the bench too. Moreover, intrigued on how the style of play has improved.

Withnail

Thanks. Do you know what his illness is and if he will play tomorrow?

Also why has ETH put used two sub spots for GK's? Wouldn't it have been better to use an outfield player even if he is preparing to play all the other players tomorrow.
It's fairly standard since covid when they increased the number of subs. Pretty much every team is doing it.

evil_geko

Eriksen and Martinez are not fully fit, that's why they start on bench, but Caf wouldn't be Caf if I didn't read tons of moaning posts in this thread already. The toxicity is at the all time high. Disgusting.

Dazzmondo

Shaw sick so nothing to read into Malacia's selection today. Interesting to see who 1st choice is against Brighton

Lights Out

Good to see Malacia starting - looking forward to see him play. Also points to Telles being close to leaving.

Hopefully Eriksen & Martinez will come on at HT. It will be interesting to see where they play and who with.