Manchester United F.C. vs. Swansea City A.F.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Seriously?
I'm not sure which bit you're wondering if I'm serious about but the answer would be yes regardless.

I keep hearing everyone rave about Pearson or summat? Why not at least have him on the bench.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I'm not sure which bit you're wondering if I'm serious about but the answer would be yes regardless.

I keep hearing everyone rave about Pearson or summat? Why not at least have him on the bench.
There's a huge difference between playing for our academy and playing for the first team. None of them are ready yet, it'd be detrimental to the team and the individual to throw them into the first team right now.

Powell etc are ahead in the queue anyhow and even he is probably not ready yet.

Carl

There's a huge difference between playing for our academy and playing for the first team. None of them are ready yet, it'd be detrimental to the team and the individual to throw them into the first team right now.

Powell etc are ahead in the queue anyhow and even he is probably not ready yet.
If you're telling me there isn't a single player in our academy that's ready for at least a spot on the bench at a time when we're backed up with injuries and have seriously under performing players then that's a concern.

pocco

loco
If you're telling me there isn't a single player in our academy that's ready for at least a spot on the bench at a time when we're backed up with injuries and have seriously under performing players then It's then that's a concern.
Don't be such a drama queen, they're 18 years old or under. Why the academy? Why not the u21s? There's some talented lads in the academy, but in reality they wouldn't outperform the likes of Fletcher, Carrick, Cleverley or Giggs in all likelihood. Its unfair to expect that from them.

As I said, Powell is further along the line. Januzaj was the only youngster that looked ready though and he's playing. Maybe we'll see Lingard soon though.

Carl

Don't be such a drama queen, they're 18 years old or under. Why the academy? Why not the u21s? There's some talented lads in the academy, but in reality they wouldn't outperform the likes of Fletcher, Carrick, Cleverley or Giggs in all likelihood. Its unfair to expect that from them.

As I said, Powell is further along the line. Januzaj was the only youngster that looked ready though and he's playing. Maybe we'll see Lingard soon though.
Academy/U21s that's what I mean. I don't know what the term is these days. It was reserves back when I used to go and watch but that's what I mean. The lads that are the next step down from the first team.

pocco

loco
Academy/U21s that's what I mean. I don't know what the term is these days. It was reserves back when I used to go and watch but that's what I mean. The lads that are the next step down from the first team.
They're always changing the name, it's hard to keep up. I don't think we're exactly blessed with midfielders at u21 level. Ekangamene has been included in some of our recent squads but I don't think he's the solution. Some of the u18 lot could come good but I think we're a year or two away from seeing those players coming to fruition.

As frustrating as it is I think we're stuck with our current midfielders for now. The current u21 group had Morrison and Pogba in there a couple of seasons ago. Unfortunately we all know how that worked out.

talking robot

I say throw caution to the wind, and take a gamble on our attack from the start.

rafael--vidic--evans--evra
------------carrick--------
valencia--kagawa--rooney--januzaj
------------welbeck------

buckooo1978

I say throw caution to the wind, and take a gamble on our attack from the start.

valencia--kagawa--rooney--januzaj
------------welbeck------
Kagawa wouldnt be any worse that the pitiful display from Cleverley the other night

that is a fluid side and worth a try

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
I would rather you won this, I would have an odd feeling that if you didnt, your backs would be against the wall and you would nick all 3 against us the following Sunday.

Salfordlad70

I would rather you won this, I would have an odd feeling that if you didnt, your backs would be against the wall and you would nick all 3 against us the following Sunday.
Rob mate, we're not winning at your place!! We're not in any fit state to take three points at the bridge and Kid Cunto you're spot on! We just long for some quality and I hope on Saturday the swagger returns but despite the fantastic backing from the crowd, there is a nervousness about the team that suggests we can only hope for a win that may inject some confidence.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Please stop bumping this thread, I dont want to think about us playing any more football until we are at least winning a match.

Longlivekeano

------------------------------De Gea------------------------------

---Rafael----------C.Smalling-------N. Vidic--------------P. Evra---

---Zaha-----------M. Carrick-------D.Fletcher----------Januzaj----

---------------------------Kagawa------------------------------

-----------------------Rooney-----------------------------------

5-0 Evra, Fletcher, Zaha, Januzaj and De Gea

Longlivekeano

If we lose, just sack Moyes and sign Jurgen Klopp, Gundogan, Reus, Hummels, Subotic, Aubemeyang for 100 million pounds and we're good again.

Havak

Pokemon master
I just hope Rooney is back, but I have a sneaking feeling we'll draw and it'll be all doom and gloom :(

Trying to stay positive though, any win will do!

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
------------------------------De Gea------------------------------

---Rafael----------C.Smalling-------N. Vidic--------------P. Evra---

---Zaha-----------M. Carrick-------D.Fletcher----------Januzaj----

---------------------------Kagawa------------------------------

-----------------------Rooney-----------------------------------

5-0 Evra, Fletcher, Zaha, Januzaj and De Gea

5 assists for Rooney then?

Adebesi

In all seriousness are people feeling confident about this one? Every time we lose, traditionally you expect a response but there has been no evidence of an improvement in each of the last couple of games following those. So I disagree with Rob, I think a win would do our morale more good than the extra motivation from a 4th consecutive loss.

MJLD

My heart keeps saying every time we lose we'll bounce back, but my head says otherwise. I think we'll win this 2-1 though.

iAm20Legend

Need to somehow pull off a win and stem the rot. Well at least temporarily :rolleyes:
It's going to be difficult with RVP and Roo still out :( Same shite on a stick, hopefully we have a bit of luck.

buckooo1978

I'd love to see Zaha get a start

I'm actually getting sick of watching Valencia on the right hitting defender after defender

Adebesi

Itd be a lot of pressure for Zaha to come into a game like this, 1) because it is a "must win game", a phrase that can be overused I feel but is surely applicable here and 2) because every single attack goes through the right winger, so he will have nowhere to hide.

talking robot

Rooney's out. So now I would play:

valencia--kagawa--welbeck--januzaj
------------hernandez------

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
At least this game isn't on BT. But SNF is shit so this could be equally as painful to watch regardless of the football.

Carl

With none of the injured lot returning it's pretty much the same side that's played the last 3 games (minus our best defender so far) so I'm expecting the same kind of result. Swansea win.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
DDG​
Rafael - Smalling - Vidic - Evra​
Jones​
Carrick - Fletcher​
Januzaj - Welbeck​
Hernández​
No bloody wingers. Crowd the midfield. Win 2-0. Get those bastards Rooney and RVP back for Chelsea. And Evans - no date for his return, I see. I bloody well hope that isn't a bad sign.​

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
At least this game isn't on BT. But SNF is shit so this could be equally as painful to watch regardless of the football.
I don't have Sky now, I believe they have an audience or something now on SNF, great that is all we need, a gloating audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.