Manchester United - January transfer window 2015 (twitter blacklist applies)

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
So he loves Manchester United but couldn't wait another week or two for a chance ?

Just sign him up so he can finally shut the hell up about United.

Bwuk

Pogba would be brilliant, and is exactly what our midfield needs. Someone with power who can drive us box to box.

Three man midfield next year of Carrick, Pogba, and di Maria, with Herrera, Mata and Blind as their back ups would be brilliant.

Further up the field don't sign Falcao, and get two wingers in. Rooney or RvP in the middle, with Wilson as back up to both. Januzaj, new wingers and most likely Young/Valencia as no-one will take them off our hands, at either side.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Ya that keeps getting changed for some reason. He certainly said that he loves the club so they are still positive comments.
Changed version gets more clicks/generates more comments etc.

Yeah it's still a positive comment but the changed text changes the context a fair bit.

Redo91

Changed version gets more clicks/generates more comments etc.

Yeah it's still a positive comment but the changed text changes the context a fair bit.
For sure. The amended quote is basically him saying he wants to speak to us about a transfer.

If those quotes are true . Let's not hesitate and speak with him.
They are. I read them in the latest Four Four Two. It's probably the biggest football mag in the world so no way they would go making up quotes like that.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I already said it, Pogba likes the club, he liked his life in England, he likes Giggs, and from what i understood at the time he knew that he was going to play a lot more the next season, he knew that he was highly rated but his brother and his agent convinced him to go.

He might never play for us again, though.

Redo91

Does anyone actually believe we have a chance of signing Pogba? I don't.
Why not? Barca are ruled out because of the transfer ban. Bayern don't need him. Real Madrid might be interested but he will have lots of competition there. Thanks to FFP I'm not sure PSG can afford him. In terms of other English clubs he is already familiar with us and is clearly still fond of us. If he moves to England we will be favourites. We're Manchester United FFS. I can never understand how people think we will struggle to attract the biggest names in football.

YzWayne

Why not? Barca are ruled out because of the transfer ban. Bayern don't need him. Real Madrid might be interested but he will have lots of competition there. Thanks to FFP I'm not sure PSG can afford him. In terms of other English clubs he is already familiar with us and is clearly still fond of us. If he moves to England we will be favourites. We're Manchester United FFS. I can never understand how people think we will struggle to attract the biggest names in football.
That's what I use to convince myself for many of the players we were linked. But they are no where near Old Trafford.

JPRouve

Scout
Does anyone actually believe we have a chance of signing Pogba? I don't.
It depends a lot on us, we can offer him a big wage and we can offer a lot to the Juve. So it mainly depends on our willingness to put enough money on the table and kill the competition.

Redo91

That's what I use to convince myself for many of the players we were linked. But they are no where near Old Trafford.
We didn't get Hazard because SAF didn't want to pay the excessive agent fees required. Varane turned us down because we had just signed Phil Jones (:lol:) and Zidane had a word in his ear. Benzema joined Real instead which is fair enough. Can't think of too many others that have turned us down.

Pogba is an unusual case in that he has already played for us. By all accounts he still loves the club and only left because of a lack of game time. This is bound to stand in our favour.

Brophs

The One and Only
Even if we somehow signed Pogba he and his agent would be agitating for a move within a few years.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Even if we somehow signed Pogba he and his agent would be agitating for a move within a few years.
This is undoubtedly true, but would we really care? This current squad is going nowhere fast, we need more signings. Even if it is in the mid to short term.

JPRouve

Scout
Offer him £300,000 per week on the proviso that he bins Raiola.
I read somewhere that Ferguson and other clubs pay some agents in order to avoid any trouble.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Several sources saying we had a bid for Thomas Muller turned down.
Bidding for Muller seems pointless. Then again I'm not sure how crucial he's been in Pep's system, hasn't he been benched quite often this season?

devil in me

Just saw us linked to Marquinhos from PSG. Source was the Metro who are using French reports so probably rubbish but thought I'd share. They're quoting £30m.

Devil may care

LvG loves players who are "multi functional" in his words, Muller is the epitome of that and would add a lot to our forward line. Interesting that there is this supposed bid and the Dybala one, if there's truth to it then maybe LvG has grown tired of our one paced, aging/injured strikers.

ravi2

We didn't get Hazard because SAF didn't want to pay the excessive agent fees required. Varane turned us down because we had just signed Phil Jones (:lol:) and Zidane had a word in his ear. Benzema joined Real instead which is fair enough. Can't think of too many others that have turned us down.

Pogba is an unusual case in that he has already played for us. By all accounts he still loves the club and only left because of a lack of game time. This is bound to stand in our favour.

I think Pogba will go to the club that is willing to pay his agent the most. Every club he is interested in will offer him big wages and his £50M transfer fee wouldn't concern City, Chelsea, Real, PSG or us too much.

Sarni

I think Pogba will go to the club that is willing to pay his agent the most. Every club he is interested in will offer him big wages and his £50M transfer fee wouldn't concern City, Chelsea, Real, PSG or us too much.
Pogba isn't a £50m player. People have become very melodramatic after his departure, he's a very good midfielder but you'd think he's the best in the world the way some talk about him.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
So he loves Manchester United but couldn't wait another week or two for a chance ?

Just sign him up so he can finally shut the hell up about United.
To be fair to him, it would of been another 6 to 18 months before he got anywhere the pitch as Fergie just wouldnt use him.

Clas Sified

Pogba isn't a £50m player. People have become very melodramatic after his departure, he's a very good midfielder but you'd think he's the best in the world the way some talk about him.
TBF, he's definitely up there with some of the best midfielders in the world and undoubtedly has the potential to be the best. That by itself is worth 50 million by itself.

ravi2

TBF, he's definitely up there with some of the best midfielders in the world and undoubtedly has the potential to be the best. That by itself is worth 50 million by itself.
I agree that Pogba isnt a 50M player at the moment; but then again Cavani isnt worth 60m, Bale isnt worth 80m and james isnt worth 70m... Neymars transfer was crazy... his club got 40m and his dad apparently got another 40M!

The only club that seemed to get value for money is when Real bought Ronaldo for £80M.

The point of all that is that is how the world works today if you want the very best young talent.. which Pogba is. We can pay the fee or pay lesser fees for lesser talents. If the transfer market wasnt as inflated as it is today, Pogba should go for about £30 - £35M IMO.

Keyser

To be fair to him, it would of been another 6 to 18 months before he got anywhere the pitch as Fergie just wouldnt use him.
I think if as a young talented midfielder my manager used Rafael ahead of me in midfield, I'd assume I wasn't going to get a game.

Sarni

He wouldn't have become anything more than a bit part player under Ferguson IMO. If his time were to come, it would have come, he just wasn't rated here.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think if as a young talented midfielder my manager used Rafael ahead of me in midfield, I'd assume I wasn't going to get a game.
I agree and I would of done the same thing.
He literally could not of handled the situation with Pogba any worse if he tried.

Brophs

The One and Only
Several sources saying we had a bid for Thomas Muller turned down.
I type Thomas Muller into Twitter, the first link is from the Metro, the second from the Express.

I think we can put this one in the 'No' folder.

JPRouve

Scout
Yes I'm being serious. Tell me what do we need more, Muller or a defender/midfielder? Because personally, it's not even close for me.
If we can't have a defender/midfielder, we should sign a striker who can move better than my granny or can actually score. Why shouldn't we ?

Redo91

With FFP I'm not sure if those teams can afford that sort of fee.

ravi2

With FFP I'm not sure if those teams can afford that sort of fee.
If City, Chelsea or PSG choose to sell one or more of their assets (eg, toure, oscar, zlatan/lucas/veratti) they would be able to afford the fee IMO.