Manchester United Kits 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Getting back to Nike, the thing they are fecking up badly on the away kit is a unwritten rule that is also used in web design, never use more more than 3 colours. They have white, black, red, yellow, silver and gold gradients. It's a clusterfeck

Wow this is brilliant, honestly makes you wonder. The simple red devil is fecking classy man any chance you could clean up the home one?
Sure, I'll have a crack at it.

Infra-red

7 years of Chevrolet and that logo...

Having said that, I never buy these things, and the Chevy deal is bigger than Real Madrid and Barcelona's shirt deals combined.

Super Nani

There's not much they could do with a hideous large gold logo like that on the front of the shirt but nothing we can do about it. I'd like to see Adidas come in, Nike seem to have gotten very lazy and really do struggle to come up with decent kits for us these days, it's hardly difficult if fans can mock up better looking designs in Photoshop.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
We'll never have a non-cheap looking shirt with that monstrosity of a logo. It's just not doable. Best brace yo'selves for 7 years of even shittier kits than usual, peeps.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
You don't think this season's kit is decent?

It's not Nike's fault we're being paid more than an honest man's life earnings to have a fecking great orange mess shat on the middle of our shirt, and I'm pretty sure adidas started the whole 'one a year' thing.

Last edited:

Get In Scholesy

Does the club have any real say in the design of the kit though? Surely all that money Nike is paying gives them the major authority on how the kit will look. It's a bit shit, isn't it?

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Does the club have any real say in the design of the kit though? Surely all that money Nike is paying gives them the major authority on how the kit will look. It's a bit shit, isn't it?
I doubt the club have a say, in comparison with say, City. City every season, whether it be Nike or Umbro have simple classy look kits. We're left with some right stinkers.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
You don't think this season's kit is decent?

It's not Nike's fault we're being paid more than an honest man's life earnings to have a fecking great orange mess shat on the middle of our shirt, and I'm pretty sure adidas started the whole 'one a year' thing.
The grandfather type collar is a bit weird, but this seasons is OK. The gingham effort was disgusting. I quite liked the one with the white stripe down the shoulder, although it looked a bit weird on long sleeved versions.

The current white one is the nicest looking kit we've had in years.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The leaked kit doesn't look good at all, but I really liked this seasons kit and the 06/07 one was great too, so Nike can make a decent kit when they want.

Erebus

Revolting, as usual. I know it's all a matter of taste and no design will ever get universal agreement - but a plain shirt in club colours without the ridiculous collar and buttons (which look like something my grandad would have worn) should not be beyond the wit of even nike to design.

Brightonian

Shit, here's another one I mocked up in photoshop. Crude, yes, but what I'm showing is that it doesn't take much effort to make a kit look better or more interesting. Get your shit together nike

To be fair, the main change that you've made here is the one that Nike have no control over, the big horrible full-colour Chevy logo. Other than that, it's basically the same kit. It's not great, but with the old AON logo it probably would have looked fine. Likewise the home shirt.

That said, those three fan-made designs are massively better than the real shirts. Even with the horrible chevy logo we have to use they'd still be better. It's embarrassing that there's always a load of fan designs that are better than the one we actually get landed with.

Brightonian

The home shirt is really growing on me, the away one looks horrendous. For the life of me I dont know why Chevrolet insisted on having the full Gold logo, it ruins the kit so much. The home one might have been my favourite in a long time if it wasnt for that damn gold cross!
Why is obvious. You've already noticed it far more than you would have a simple understated silhouette. The advertising industry still very much operates under the ethos that any exposure is good exposure.

But yeah. I'm not a massive fan of the away shirt, although the home one is ok. Neither are as good as those fan-made designs, but that always seems to be the case these days. Either way, whatever we got was always going to look shit with that Chevrolet monstrosity splashed across it, but then that's why they're paying us such an absurdly huge amount of money.

SATA

Apparently we will have a third kit coming out somewhere in September. Since when do United make third kits?

GledTheRed

Apparently we will have a third kit coming out somewhere in September. Since when do United make third kits?
Since like donkeys years ago when we saw that millions of mugs around the world were readily handing over 50 notes for a gash shirt with a United badge on.

Silent_Running

Dr. John Hammond
Lynk you are so great and also amazing. You can even design football shirts. I bet you could do anything.

nemanja15

Those mentioning 'stinkers'... 09/10 home was awful, 12/13 home wasn't great but it grew on me. Others haven't been so bad in recent years; really like this year's home but just a shame we played so poorly in it. Our current away and third options are quality too.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I may be one of the few who actually like the 09/10 chevron shirt. Especially the away.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I haven't bought a footy shirt for ages, I'm over 30, don't play footy these days, and they're sh!T to wear in town if you're not a chav.

However, if it isn't a complete crock of sh!T I might just buy one.
But please let them be better than the utter pony on this thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.