Manchester United Kits 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedBistro

Gold on red reminds me of my favourite football United played and one of my favourite United kits.

I've still got 2 of these, 1 team signed and one with the AIG logo peeling like hell.

Anyone know how to get the sponsor sticker off?

Decotron

I've been trying to buy that shirt online. Anywhere you can pick it up? The club website sells it but without the adidas stripes and logo.
No idea man. There used to be a cracking shop on ebay about 3 years ago but its gone now. They only sold originals rather than their replicas. Wish id more money back then!

Theres a white addidas away jersey from the early 80s thats easily the nicest jersey Ive ever seen.

Problem is ive never even spotted a replica of it...

Brightonian

An adidas kit would make us look like Benfica.
Bayern. Every 'this is what an Adidas-made United kit would look like' mock-up has just looked like a Bayern kit to me. Or Liverpool.

No thanks. All I want is for us to become one of the teams that gets a good Nike kit. Like City, recently, or Madrid.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
I've still got 2 of these, 1 team signed and one with the AIG logo peeling like hell.

Anyone know how to get the sponsor sticker off?
The AIG sponsor was awful for peeling. AON logo is a lot more secure.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I'll be happy as long as the Chevy logo is monotone.

Though I'd love Adidas. That 92/93 kit is beautiful.

stevoc

I'll be happy as long as the Chevy logo is monotone.

Though I'd love Adidas. That 92/93 kit is beautiful.
I think we switched to Umbro in 92 mate, i think that adidas shirt posted earlier was from the 80's. Could be wrong though

Baxter

Fans mock-ups are a million times better most of the time that the shite produced by the companies. Makes you wonder who is actually employed to design them. Must be fecking blind.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Nike, I'm yours if you want me :angel:

Super Nani

If our shirts just had the word Chevrolet and no out of place looking gold logo they would actually look pretty decent. City's new shirt is nice unfortunately and a lot is to do with the Etihad sponsor being in black to go with the collar and sleeves. I know Chevrolet paid a lot of money so can demand what they want but I think both us and them would have benefited from more fans buying the shirt all over the world and walking around with their logo on display if they had gone with only the text instead of the massive gold cross on the front as it's got to be likely to put a good number of fans off from buying them I would have thought. Even if the cross was in a silver outline but not coloured in the middle it would have looked alright but the gold is the first thing people see and that's not in a good way as it just looks tacky on a shirt. Still hoping to get used to it but man is it an eye sore, if we're lucky it will look better in the proper pictures I guess. Those leaked ones are definitely genuine, pretty much exactly how someone in the newbies who had seen them due to his job described them to be.

Last edited:

decorativeed

As long as the away kit is not blue I'm cool. I've never understood out of all potential colors, why we have used blue as an away/third kit.
Well, quite simply because it contrasts sharply with red, and that's what a change kit is supposed to do. It's been worn by United since 1902. Conversely, in the early days, City wore red change kits for exactly the same reason.

bonusroller

I've been trying to buy that shirt online. Anywhere you can pick it up? The club website sells it but without the adidas stripes and logo.
Could you make do with one of these? http://3in1footballblog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/manchester-united-1986-88-home-retro.html

No idea man. There used to be a cracking shop on ebay about 3 years ago but its gone now. They only sold originals rather than their replicas. Wish id more money back then!

Theres a white addidas away jersey from the early 80s thats easily the nicest jersey Ive ever seen.

Problem is ive never even spotted a replica of it...
This one? http://3in1footballblog.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/manchester-united-1980-82-away-shirt.html

Or http://3in1footballblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/manchester-united-1983-charity-shield.html

I have a few of the 3in1 shirts and they are generally decent. Obviously not as good as the originals, but almost 10% of their price, and you can wear them playing footy with no bother of its value.

bri2013

As long as the away kit is not blue I'm cool. I've never understood out of all potential colors, why we have used blue as an away/third kit.
We have worn blue as an away kit for many years

Brightonian

That badge is lovely. Actually not bad looking shirts; particularly the home shirt which is keeping in theme with United's traditional colours, but has a very modern theme.
Agreed. I never understand why they don't put them on a proper mannequin either - they'd look much better if we could see them on a proper person shape.

Gopher Brown

Remember complaining people, Chevrolet are paying us a fortune and will want us all to be walking advertising boards for them. It wouldn't surprise me if the whole kit is just one big Chevrolet badge with 'Manchester United' written on it in tiny font somewhere. Moaning about the potential unattractiveness of the kit is pointless.

This is the price we pay for massive debt. There's no room for emotion or sentiment in football any more.

Utd7

Well, quite simply because it contrasts sharply with red, and that's what a change kit is supposed to do. It's been worn by United since 1902. Conversely, in the early days, City wore red change kits for exactly the same reason.
Hmm I didn't know that, thanks for the history lesson.

TheSamulator

classic sam. they love me, tbh
the one thing i am hoping and praying for with these new kits, is for them not to use the full coloured in Chevrolet logo. The whole gold coloured thing looks awful in the middle of our shirt, if they just used the outline like in Lynk's mock-ups it wouldn't be anywhere near as bad. Unfortunately, i reckon they will use their standard, gold/silver looking thing.

NinjaZombie

I think we switched to Umbro in 92 mate, i think that adidas shirt posted earlier was from the 80's. Could be wrong though
Yeah, we switched to Umbro in 92/93. I think 91/92 was Adidas. The Class of 92 won the FA Youth Cup in Adidas kits. I'm also pretty sure we won the Cup Winner's Cup in Adidas kits.

Spoony

The People's President
An adidas kit would make us look like Benfica.
An Adidas kit will make us look like the United I grew up supporting.

So a big fu ck you on your face and to any other fan who wasn't around when we wore the three stripes.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Probably the wrong thread but whats the story with the addidas rumours? Id love it if we went with them.

First kit I owned.

I'd be alright with adidas, but I'd prefer umbro, simply because I think they currently make nicer kits. They don't iron on the badge either.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
First kit I owned.

I'd be alright with adidas, but I'd prefer umbro, simply because I think they currently make nicer kits. They don't iron on the badge either.
This was the first shirt I owned

I remember having to convince my parents to pay more to have the SHARP logo on it!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
anyone know when the kits are actually revealed?

Haven't bought one since I stopped playing, but was tempted last year in my first year as a season ticket holder, but wasn't sure how many games I'd actually go to..
fancy it next year though, pending the design!

NinjaZombie

anyone know when the kits are actually revealed?

Haven't bought one since I stopped playing, but was tempted last year in my first year as a season ticket holder, but wasn't sure how many games I'd actually go to..
fancy it next year though, pending the design!
You played for United?!

Jaap

An Adidas kit will make us look like the United I grew up supporting.

So a big fu ck you on your face and to any other fan who wasn't around when we wore the three stripes.
feck's wrong with you? I know adidas used to sponsor us. Doesn't change the fact that it'll look like a Benfica top.

Utd7

I just want a clean looking kit. The AIG sponsored kit for 07-08 is a good template. I also liked that solid white stripe that went down the middle on the back of the shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.