Manchester United Kits 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Dracula

caf plane air-master
RE Green and gold kit. Fire a long time I've felt it would be smart of the glazers to have us in a green and gold third kit to actually nullify the green and gold campaign. If we had a green and gold kit, it would ruin the visual aspect of thousands wresting Green and gold as a protest add it will just be another man utd colour.
It would be brave of them to try though and for the record I don't think they have the balls/nous to do it, any leak with green and gold will be a fan mock up

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
It's painfully obvious that the decent looking ones are fake and the horrible ones are real. Nike must get their designers to come up with worse products than what amateurs can put together in five minutes on purpose because they hate us. What other reason can there be?

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
It's a depressing thought when all these so called kits look really nice, and the one that seems to be the real one is absolutely disgusting :lol:

Dracula

caf plane air-master
The problem with football kits and trying to sell them to a large a market as possible is that they have to cater for a number of different demographics that the only thing they have in common is supporting a football team. Gone are the days where it would generally be young men who buy the shirts and want cool youthful designs. Therefore they have to be as boring as humanly possible as any adventurous design will likely put off one or more of those demographics. Modern football shirts, shame.

Of course that doesn't explain the tea towel last year

Brightonian

The problem with football kits and trying to sell them to a large a market as possible is that they have to cater for a number of different demographics that the only thing they have in common is supporting a football team. Gone are the days where it would generally be young men who buy the shirts and want cool youthful designs. Therefore they have to be as boring as humanly possible as any adventurous design will likely put off one or more of those demographics. Modern football shirts, shame.

Of course that doesn't explain the tea towel last year
That doesn't seem to address the direction United's kits have gone in recently at all. Quite the opposite. Each of the recent kits has had some kind of gimmick in it. I'd love it if they'd kept them simple and tasteful and 'boring', but that's exactly what they haven't done.

That said, I liked the recent one with the black and white stripe collar. And if it weren't for the god awful logo, I actually think the leaked home shirt looks decent enough. Praying that we'll end up with a more understated, monotone logo but it's sounding increasingly likely that we're stuck with the full-colour gold one.

Castia

With at least 2 kits being launched this summer Id expect the red one to be released in June. The second one will probably be released in August just before the season starts.

Redo91

Slightly off topic but does anyone know where I can get last seasons home jersey? I looked on kitbag.com and prodirect soccer and they no longer have it in my size.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

When does or new kit come out then usually?
We'll probably wear it for the first time during the US tour, for marketing reasons. I'm not expecting anything fascinating, in fact i believe the latest leaks got it right. The first kit is a typical Nike design like the ones they've been giving us for the last seasons and, in the recent years, our away kit always follows the previous season's first kit design...

bonusroller

Slightly off topic but does anyone know where I can get last seasons home jersey? I looked on kitbag.com and prodirect soccer and they no longer have it in my size.
This is a pro combat style version of United's kit. I have just received one and really impressed with it. Will do some pics and put it on cheap kits thread.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/come...sion-Soccer-Jersey-pro-combat/1122300950.html

This is Ferdinand in this version of the jersey. Note how the t-bars sit on the shoulders:

A few aliexpress outlets have started to sell the proposed kits. I've only seen them get kits wrong in less than 1% at this stage close to a launch. These ads had the best pictures of the kits but I couldn't be bothered to insert them all in here.

Home:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Engl...anchester-shirt-unit-V-PERSIE/1882080949.html

Away:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Engl...jersey-Manchester-city-unit-V/1882159208.html

Redo91

This is a pro combat style version of United's kit. I have just received one and really impressed with it. Will do some pics and put it on cheap kits thread.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/come...sion-Soccer-Jersey-pro-combat/1122300950.html

This is Ferdinand in this version of the jersey. Note how the t-bars sit on the shoulders:

A few aliexpress outlets have started to sell the proposed kits. I've only seen them get kits wrong in less than 1% at this stage close to a launch. These ads had the best pictures of the kits but I couldn't be bothered to insert them all in here.

Home:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Engl...anchester-shirt-unit-V-PERSIE/1882080949.html

Away:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Engl...jersey-Manchester-city-unit-V/1882159208.html
Cheers mate! :)

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
That's a really shitty sponsor. Makes me hate Chevrolet more, if anything, cnuts.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses

Home:

Away:
What's their purpose anyway? Why are they are?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
One of these days we'll buy a good midfielder and have a decent kit.

Super Nani

Another picture of our supposed kit.
The sponsor doesn't look as bad there actually, still not holding out much hope for the home one but hopefully it'll look better in the proper pictures. MEN were saying on Twitter that Nike are getting tired of our demands and that Adidas and Warrior are now in the frame. Wouldn't mind Adidas but Warrior would be terrible given the weird designs they've given Liverpool.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
With a gold logo it doesn't matter who makes our kits. Gold will always look out of place on top of red. Think this logo would look better on a green and gold kit. :)

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
It's fine. I don't get the disgust. Ugly enough logo, but the kit is simplistic. Will look good on TV.

ShinjiNinja26

That's fecking rank!! Not to keen on the black collar either, if we're going to have a black collar then there should be black trim around the sleeve it just looks better.

vibe

Is it absolutely certain the logo will be gold, or is this just all we have to go by for now?

When "leaked pics" of the new kit began coming out, I absolutely loved this one, so I really don't understand how anyone would go with the gold logo provided they have such a good design right here.

Super Nani

Basically this is what we should have done with the logo as it looks loads better.

Unfortunately Chevrolet didn't pay through their arses to not get the exact colours and design they want so we just have to get used to it. It's a shame though cos I think that image shows it could look pretty decent without the gold colouring.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Is it absolutely certain the logo will be gold, or is this just all we have to go by for now?

When "leaked pics" of the new kit began coming out, I absolutely loved this one, so I really don't understand how anyone would go with the gold logo provided they have such a good design right here.
That Cantona one is a fan design. The ones with the gold logo are the real deal.

vibe

That Cantona one is a fan design. The ones with the gold logo are the real deal.
Then grab the pens and let's start a petition to change it!

That would achieve fck all, but still. No United fan would want to be seen wearing that.

Truedevil

I'm a fan of collars, why you hate them so much?
I just don't like them, i think the simple kits are the best. No collars, no buttons or anything just a beautiful shade of red and the badge and the sponsors. Nike should forget this United-collars thing, it drives me mad.

The Neviller

Basically this is what we should have done with the logo as it looks loads better.

Unfortunately Chevrolet didn't pay through their arses to not get the exact colours and design they want so we just have to get used to it. It's a shame though cos I think that image shows it could look pretty decent without the gold colouring.
It'd look even better without the silver, and just the white outline.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
You can't just change a brand's color or its logo, it's part of the company's identity.

Status
Not open for further replies.