Manchester United Quadruple 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

crossy1686

career ending
I would love nothing more than spoiling the Liverpool/City party this season, just hope we can do ourselves justice when we play them both again. If we can step up a gear, we'll take points off them.

I'm certain we'll win a trophy this season. Maybe not the quad but definitely a trophy.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Can we please lock up this RAWKish thread?

For context, let me be a party pooper.

We've won 6 games in a row, and gone from 6th to ... 6th. I know we look at it as a clean slate since Jose left, but we're still below the very same Arsenal whom we've laughed at over the last few years, below the same Spurs and Chelsea we said would never sustain their good form.

This squad we're getting so giddy over has one proper CB, and no good RBs. Our best DM can't cover his defence, 'the best midfielder in the world' Pogba has shown consistency for the first time in a United shirt against some shitty sides (went missing in that second half again yesterday btw) and a bottling Spurs who couldn't put the ball in a corner of the net. Our best hope going forward is a set of three kids in Martial, Rashford and Lingard who despite their potential have never scored 30 goals in a season - combined. We have no right wing at all and no semblance of a defence when put under pressure. Imagine that second half performance against City, we would be absolutely pasted, and the most optimistic of fans know that. Phil Jones belongs in the Championship. Ashley Young should be in a team fighting for relegation. If Luke Shaw were playing like this week in week out for Leicester, how many would be interested in buying him? 1 assist in the PL ffs!

We are a long way off being a good team who can challenge for titles. We need better center backs, better full backs, experienced world-class forwards, and more consistency from our good players. Martial and De Gea need to sign new contracts, and we should still be looking at throwing everything to getting a world-class manager like Poch unless Ole goes on and wins against most of City/Pool/PSG/Arsenal/Chelsea, with at least one of them being on the merit of HIS OWN tactics and not the greatest shot-stopper in the world having to save the side from a pasting.

Don't get me wrong, I love the positivity of Ole. I love watching us play now, and win games. I love watching Rashford, Martial and Pogba in full flow. It's fun. But it's absolutely delusional to think that we're a top side capable of winning stuff atm, or that Ole is some sort of a tactical genius.

Quadruple my ass.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
@Gandalf Greyhame I'm fairly sure this thread is intended as a bit of tongue in cheek. In that spirit I'm saying its 100 per cent ON.

Gandalf Greyhame

Scout
@Gandalf Greyhame I'm fairly sure this thread is intended as a bit of tongue in cheek. In that spirit I'm saying its 100 per cent ON.
You would think that, wouldn't you? That it's tongue in cheek. But you look at the general deliriousness in the other threads with people genuinely thinking Ole should get the full job, or that we had a good game yesterday, or that Pogba is the best CM in the world, or how we can go for third, or how Rashford is suddenly our own Harry Kane, or how we suddenly look like we can beat PSG and all the general wanking that's going on in the player performance threads.

And here I am worried about how shit our team still is despite spending so much since SAF left, and how fecking Liverpool and City are battling it out for the title. It's like I'm following a different sport.

The delusion of some posters on here is so very RAWKish and worrying. I am grateful that the decision makers in the club aren't as fickle as the Caf these days.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
You would think that, wouldn't you? That it's tongue in cheek. But you look at the general deliriousness in the other threads with people genuinely thinking Ole should get the full job, or that we had a good game yesterday, or that Pogba is the best CM in the world, or how we can go for third, or how Rashford is suddenly our own Harry Kane, or how we suddenly look like we can beat PSG and all the general wanking that's going on in the player performance threads.

And here I am worried about how shit our team still is despite spending so much since SAF left, and how fecking Liverpool and City are battling it out for the title. It's like I'm following a different sport.

The delusion of some posters on here is so very RAWKish and worrying. I am grateful that the decision makers in the club aren't as fickle as the Caf these days.
Then feck off. If you cant be arsed to review the entire thread where there is a long list of previous editions of this exact thread in a single post, then why be here? Quite simply, you've target this thread for your pointless ramblings, because it will get lost in any other thread. But let me point out a few issues with your post...

Should Ole get the job? Generally consensus for most is that there is uncertainty but he is currently demonstrating that he is capable of controlling a team of egos and turning them into a winning side. Considering our recent assignments, we're playing our best football in over 6 years. Let that sink. Three manages who were established (one who was widely considered one of, if not the best manager in modern football) have not even got close to having us play the way we currently are.

Rashford: Nobody is proclaiming him to be the new Harry Kane, but his performances are increasing and he's becoming more and more exciting to watch. He is starting to fulfill his potential and its no different to when Ronaldo decided to find his feet in 2005-2006.

PSG: Why not? We just beat a very good Spurs side and its a cup competition. Mbapape and Neymar aside, they're not a great team and playing in a half arsed league wont help.

Is our team shit? We've scored 16 odd goals in the last 5 league games and conceded 3. That's title winning form. Are we shit? No, our previous manager had us believing we were shit because he quite clearly had no fecking clue how to manage our players and rather accept that he had no clue, deflected it on to our team.

You bang on about posters being deluded, but your pessimism is the contrasting opposite. The reality is, it is somewhere down the middle but our fans have a right to be encouraged by what they're seeing.

Canagel

You're too too negative. Liverpool and City fighting for title is reality we have to accept this season. what did you expect new manager to do in 6 games? Clearly we have been mismanaged and fans are simply optimistic again that our players have been given new lease of life and the situation is not as bad as it looked just a month ago. The club was in crisis . a bit of perspective is needed.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion

For context, let me be a party pooper.

We've won 6 games in a row, and gone from 6th to ... 6th. I know we look at it as a clean slate since Jose left, but we're still below the very same Arsenal whom we've laughed at over the last few years, below the same Spurs and Chelsea we said would never sustain their good form.

This squad we're getting so giddy over has one proper CB, and no good RBs. Our best DM can't cover his defence, 'the best midfielder in the world' Pogba has shown consistency for the first time in a United shirt against some shitty sides (went missing in that second half again yesterday btw) and a bottling Spurs who couldn't put the ball in a corner of the net. Our best hope going forward is a set of three kids in Martial, Rashford and Lingard who despite their potential have never scored 30 goals in a season - combined. We have no right wing at all and no semblance of a defence when put under pressure. Imagine that second half performance against City, we would be absolutely pasted, and the most optimistic of fans know that. Phil Jones belongs in the Championship. Ashley Young should be in a team fighting for relegation. If Luke Shaw were playing like this week in week out for Leicester, how many would be interested in buying him? 1 assist in the PL ffs!

We are a long way off being a good team who can challenge for titles. We need better center backs, better full backs, experienced world-class forwards, and more consistency from our good players. Martial and De Gea need to sign new contracts, and we should still be looking at throwing everything to getting a world-class manager like Poch unless Ole goes on and wins against most of City/Pool/PSG/Arsenal/Chelsea, with at least one of them being on the merit of HIS OWN tactics and not the greatest shot-stopper in the world having to save the side from a pasting.

Don't get me wrong, I love the positivity of Ole. I love watching us play now, and win games. I love watching Rashford, Martial and Pogba in full flow. It's fun. But it's absolutely delusional to think that we're a top side capable of winning stuff atm, or that Ole is some sort of a tactical genius.

Quadruple my ass.
Nah mate you've got it all wrong, its good to finally see some positivity and humour here after months/years of vitriol and depression in the caf. Enjoy the fact that Utd are doing well, it might not last for ever!

I'm not even a Utd fan but I still believe ...... IT'S ON!

Gandalf Greyhame

Scout
Then feck off. If you cant be arsed to review the entire thread where there is a long list of previous editions of this exact thread in a single post, then why be here? Quite simply, you've target this thread for your pointless ramblings, because it will get lost in any other thread.
Great job, Freud. Deciding where a poster should post what he wants to post, psychoanalysing why he did or did not do that and vomiting it all out with condescension. One post which doesn't play along the silly game in your precious thread and you're as bitter as you were when people told you Smith was as big a cheat as Warner. Pretty sure I'm arguing with a teenager here.

Should Ole get the job? Generally consensus for most is that there is uncertainty but he is currently demonstrating that he is capable of controlling a team of egos and turning them into a winning side. Considering our recent assignments, we're playing our best football in over 6 years. Let that sink. Three manages who were established (one who was widely considered one of, if not the best manager in modern football) have not even got close to having us play the way we currently are.
We just scraped past Spurs playing hoof ball to flanks. The first three/four games were good, but if you couldn't see how poor we were against Spurs, I can't help you. Also if there were at least some posters talking about patience instead of going 'sign him up NOW' like a clusterfeck immediately after FT, I wouldn't be saying all that. Ole could be the man, but it'd be nice if we could look at it objectively instead of being witch hunters in The Holy Grail. Also, it's been 6 games, stop with the Ole > all managers before him crap. Too fecking soon to tell. He needs time to implement his tactics, and there's no point judging him before that.

Rashford: Nobody is proclaiming him to be the new Harry Kane, but his performances are increasing and he's becoming more and more exciting to watch. He is starting to fulfill his potential and its no different to when Ronaldo decided to find his feet in 2005-2006.
True, no one is calling him Harry Kane. My bad.

Ole is to rashford what sir alex was to Ronaldo.
Easily easily can beat Rooney’s record
The next ronaldo
Can't be arsed to find the scores of other delusions in other threads or god forbid, the match day thread.

PSG: Why not? We just beat a very good Spurs side and its a cup competition. Mbapape and Neymar aside, they're not a great team and playing in a half arsed league wont help.
Messi and Suarez aside, Barca aren't a great team.
Salah and Van Dijk aside, Pool aren't a good team.
Pogba and De Gea aside, United aren't even a decent team.

We left acres of space behind our full backs in the Spurs game, and not for the first time. I don't know if it's Ole or Mourinho's conditioning, but we go super narrow to close down space when under pressure and any good team with decent wingers can exploit it for dribbles and crosses. Given that we have Phil Useless Jones in the middle, that's a bad scenario. Neymar and Mbappe will tear us down those wings if we play the way we did against Spurs, and Jones/Lindelof aren't going to be able to keep Cavani from popping up.

Thinking we have more than a faint outside chance in a two-legged tie against PSG, given our shambolic defence, is sheer delusion.

Is our team shit? We've scored 16 odd goals in the last 5 league games and conceded 3. That's title winning form. Are we shit? No, our previous manager had us believing we were shit because he quite clearly had no fecking clue how to manage our players and rather accept that he had no clue, deflected it on to our team.
Great six about the last six games. What about the last six years? How about the number of goals we've conceded throughout just this season? How many goals has our 75m striker scored? How many clean sheets has Phil Jones kept with the GOAT behind him? How many assists do our playmakers have compared to the top six? Delusion. Sheer delusion.

We need a CB, we need full backs. We need a right winger. We need to get rid of deadwood. We need consistency from our top players.

You bang on about posters being deluded, but your pessimism is the contrasting opposite. The reality is, it is somewhere down the middle but our fans have a right to be encouraged by what they're seeing.
Pessimism would be if I said we're never gonna compete. Or if I said that the top four is gone. Or that Ole will never be the man. I'm a realist, and I don't have to defend it against random idiots because I derailed their thread.

Won't bother this circle jerk anymore. Go back to your Kohli bashing and PONting ass licking again.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Also if there were at least some posters talking about patience instead of going 'sign him up NOW' like a clusterfeck immediately after FT, I wouldn't be saying all that. Ole could be the man, but it'd be nice if we could look at it objectively instead of being witch hunters in The Holy Grail. Also, it's been 6 games, stop with the Ole > all managers before him crap. Too fecking soon to tell. He needs time to implement his tactics, and there's no point judging him before that.
Have a look through the threads, plenty of people saying lets wait until March, Champions League, end of the season etc there's even a poll where 50% are saying Poch and 15% are saying Ole

EwanI Ted

A little analysis should settle this. Ole has 15 points from 5 league games so far. Extrapolate that to a full season and next year we should be getting 114 points. So that’s the league in the bag.

He also has a 100% record in cup games, which means we will win all three cups.

It’s on. Proven by logic.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
A little analysis should settle this. Ole has 15 points from 5 league games so far. Extrapolate that to a full season and next year we should be getting 114 points. So that’s the league in the bag.

Bit strong mate!

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Great job, Freud. Deciding where a poster should post what he wants to post, psychoanalysing why he did or did not do that and vomiting it all out with condescension. One post which doesn't play along the silly game in your precious thread and you're as bitter as you were when people told you Smith was as big a cheat as Warner. Pretty sure I'm arguing with a teenager here.

We just scraped past Spurs playing hoof ball to flanks. The first three/four games were good, but if you couldn't see how poor we were against Spurs, I can't help you. Also if there were at least some posters talking about patience instead of going 'sign him up NOW' like a clusterfeck immediately after FT, I wouldn't be saying all that. Ole could be the man, but it'd be nice if we could look at it objectively instead of being witch hunters in The Holy Grail. Also, it's been 6 games, stop with the Ole > all managers before him crap. Too fecking soon to tell. He needs time to implement his tactics, and there's no point judging him before that.

True, no one is calling him Harry Kane. My bad.

Can't be arsed to find the scores of other delusions in other threads or god forbid, the match day thread.

Messi and Suarez aside, Barca aren't a great team.
Salah and Van Dijk aside, Pool aren't a good team.
Pogba and De Gea aside, United aren't even a decent team.

We left acres of space behind our full backs in the Spurs game, and not for the first time. I don't know if it's Ole or Mourinho's conditioning, but we go super narrow to close down space when under pressure and any good team with decent wingers can exploit it for dribbles and crosses. Given that we have Phil Useless Jones in the middle, that's a bad scenario. Neymar and Mbappe will tear us down those wings if we play the way we did against Spurs, and Jones/Lindelof aren't going to be able to keep Cavani from popping up.

Thinking we have more than a faint outside chance in a two-legged tie against PSG, given our shambolic defence, is sheer delusion.

Great six about the last six games. What about the last six years? How about the number of goals we've conceded throughout just this season? How many goals has our 75m striker scored? How many clean sheets has Phil Jones kept with the GOAT behind him? How many assists do our playmakers have compared to the top six? Delusion. Sheer delusion.

We need a CB, we need full backs. We need a right winger. We need to get rid of deadwood. We need consistency from our top players.

Pessimism would be if I said we're never gonna compete. Or if I said that the top four is gone. Or that Ole will never be the man. I'm a realist, and I don't have to defend it against random idiots because I derailed their thread.

Won't bother this circle jerk anymore. Go back to your Kohli bashing and PONting ass licking again.
You know what, I made the mistake of replying to your first post, because its simply catering to your ego. You and Mourinho would get on well.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
What the feck is this :lol:

Definitely ON though

Eurotrash

We also beat Spurs, who beat Leicester, who beat City, who beat Pool. So we are already number 1!

Member 113277

It seems you forgot to include the sixth place trophy. I mean we have won six consecutive games but only moved from sixth to sixth. Make that a sextuple.
That's because game 5/6 was in the FA Cup :lol:

OldPop

You get success if you have the ability to see all possibilities instead of just problems. Many here see lots of opportunities and just want to share them. Be a little optimistic instead, life will be both better and more fun then. :)

PoTMS

We'll obviously win the FA Cup this season so get to play the Community Shield which we will of course win. And don't be forgetting the prestigious International Champions Cup. Might even be worth entering the Emirates Cup this year. Always dreamed of winning that ever since I was little boy.

We will make history. It's on.

Member 113277

You get success if you have the ability to see all possibilities instead of just problems. Many here see lots of opportunities and just want to share them. Be a little optimistic instead, life will be both better and more fun then. :)

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
What the hell is this thread, the ‘bully anyone who doesn’t think we will win the league’ thread? :lol:

Wheato

If we catch Spurs, I think we will keep chasing until it is mathematically impossible.

People will balk at the blind optimism, but on Sunday afternoon we could have been 13 points adrift of Spurs instead of 7. Two wins and a draw and we are level with them. More than achievable with 18 games and 54 points left to play for.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
We should make up the gap on Liverpool to finish second behind City. It depends how long it takes City to overtake Liverpool and for Klopp to focus on bottling the Champions League final again instead.

NoPace

16 more wins to close the season would put us at 89 points. Liverpool are on pace for high 90s but low 90s is the likeliest outcome for them or City in 1st. But add in a loss to us which we need to be perfect anyways and it is technically ON.

But even a single draw officially ends our title hopes I think. I can't see Liverpool not get 31 points in their final 16 even if they have a month from hell, that's just 5th or 6th place form, and City would only need 34 points in their final 16 which is like 4th place form which also seems like their floor.

JamesCurran

And if we can win the CL there is no reason why we can't win the PL and FA Cup.

And we'll also win the community shield in August so that's the quadruple sealed right there for this year.
European Super Cup and Club World Cup go for a sextuple

Status
Not open for further replies.