Manchester United sign Raphael Varane! (not in time for Leeds)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverratedOpinion

Haven't seen the benefits? We've signed Rafael Varane and Jadon fecking Sancho!

Just enjoy it.
I meant none of the benefits of doing our business early, such as settling them into the squad ready for the new season.

They are both great signings.

RedDevilRoshi

I meant none of the benefits of doing our business early, such as settling them into the squad ready for the new season.

They are both great signings.

That’s because the club can’t do anything regarding quarantine rules during a pandemic and let’s not forget fecking Brexit which has no doubt delayed Varane’s arrival into the UK

MyBloodIsRed

My guess is 22. Similar to Sancho with the 25 (2+5=7)

If we don’t sell Jones soon he’ll be stuck with that number for a while though. Joannes is contract goes until 2024 correct? At least Sancho only has to wait for his number seven shirt for one season.

While it is only a number. It’s a little annoying when somebody is at the club that doesn’t provide any value in taking up a key number spot

lsd

The Oracle
Shambolic yet again from us. We really do have a total lack of professionalism

Jonno

Ronaldinho was equally as close to signing if I recall yet it felt through at the last minute. Just saying.

Flags, dude. Red ones.
He wasn’t this close. He’s literally moved to Manchester, publicly supported United during their game v Everton, had his medical, and promo shots.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
He wasn’t this close. He’s literally moved to Manchester, publicly supported United during their game v Everton, had his medical, and promo shots.
Way to ruin the muppet's panic stations moment with your logic.

Not cool at all dude.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Does this delay to his announcement prevent him from training tomorrow? If so, what an absolute shambles

K Stand Knut

Can’t for the life of me work out what discussions have taken place about Varane on here today but I’ve heard a rumour he’s going to have a squad number never used before, which I find very interesting!

A lot of options considering but none particularly exciting unless he has a mental reason for some oddball number

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Can’t for the life of me work out what discussions have taken place about Varane on here today but I’ve heard a rumour he’s going to have a squad number never used before, which I find very interesting!

A lot of options considering but none particularly exciting unless he has a mental reason for some oddball number
93?

TheReligion

Abusive

55 Fred the Red

Tom Van Persie

No relation
A few other clubs seemed to have less issues.
Every players situation is different. Clearly there was some kind of issue with Varane's visa. Then he had to follow government guidelines and isolate. There's nothing United could do it's not like we're intentionally delaying his arrival. :lol:

laughtersassassin

Every players situation is different. Clearly there was some kind of issue with Varane's visa. Then he had to follow government guidelines and isolate. There's nothing United could do it's not like we're intentionally delaying his arrival. :lol:
I never said we where

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
If true then can only be 55, 57, 60, 61, 62, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 72, 73, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98 or 99, which I doubt.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
If true then can only be 55, 57, 60, 61, 62, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 72, 73, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98 or 99, which I doubt.
Isn't there Premier League rules preventing unnecessarily high numbers? I seem to remember a player being informed by the League that he would need to take a lower number.

EDIT: It was Renato Sanches at Swansea, was unveiled as no. 85 but then told to take a more traditional number.

Fully Fledged

Can't he train anyway? I'm sure anyone can train, just because they don't show it doesn't meant it doesn't happen
They've shown it, we have seen footage of him training in the the garden of the house we are putting him up in. What he can't do until he is officially a United player is train with our players and practice game play scenarios.

Lights Out

Delayed overnight while they finalise the details of getting rid of Jones so Varane can have the number 4 shirt.
That would be a nice touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.