Manchester United v Brentford | Pre-season Friendly Wednesday July 28 20:00 BST

CG1010

Why isn't Pogba back? It's nearly been a month since France played Switzerland, whilst Memphis and Frenkie already made minutes for Barcelona ending their tournament one day before. Not even criticism, but I just wonder.
Varane also started training with Real Madrid despite his imminent transfer. Hope it is something we agreed to with him, and he isn't refusing to join training.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Varane also started training with Real Madrid despite his imminent transfer. Hope it is something we agreed to with him, and he isn't refusing to join training.
He’s played a lot of football over the last 2 years with not much break. I’m assuming it’s agreed with the club. But who knows.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
VDB back on the bench. Normal times have resumed
its not even funny by the time the Preston and Everton games come around Bruno will be back in the side

he needed to be available for the first day of pre-season

NYAS

Is KO still in 1hr and 40 minutes? Don’t remember them announcing line-ups this far in advance.

swissgenius

Is KO still in 1hr and 40 minutes? Don’t remember them announcing line-ups this far in advance.
Yes.

It's usually for tactical reasons to wait until 60min to go when they have to announce it at latest. Ole has nothing to hide today.

Hoof the ball

No idea why we are persisting with him when we could just give a half each to guys like Garner, Hannibal or Shoretire. Players who are potentially in our plans long term.
Exactly! These are the key games to give future breakout players their chance to shine. They're certainly not going to get many minutes during the season, so Ole should be looking to maximise the first team exposure for these kids. We already know what Pereira is capable of.....so, what's the point? He's only going back out on loan or being transferred anyway.

Dazzmondo

If VDB can't even dislodge Perreira what hope does he have of dislodging Bruno? :p

Just joking, he's naturally going to be behind the fitness of the others. Hope he gets 45 mins at least. It would be a bonus if he becomes a genuine option to start for us this season. I'm not overly optimistic of it based on what he showed last season but who knows

CM

It's bizarre that Andreas is starting after how he played against QPR. I don't think you can even argue he's being put in the shop window when someone plays that badly. The kids genuinely looked better.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Excited to see some and then others….

Dante

Average bang
A bit disappointing that VDB is the only new player for United in preseason.

I'm getting increasingly nervous about how ready the first XI will be against Leeds on matchday 1. Only two more friendlies left after this.

ChaddyP

A bit disappointing that VDB is the only new player for United in preseason.

I'm getting increasingly nervous about how ready the first XI will be against Leeds on matchday 1. Only two more friendlies left after this.
Dalot is new :cool: