Manchester United vs AC Milan Sat 3rd August, 17:36 UK time

Walters_19_MuFc

Found out about this game yesterday and since it’s my birthday today, heading over to Cardiff to watch it with my dad!

Only the second time I’ll actually have gone to a United game, looking forward to it.
Happy birthday, pal! Enjoy the game.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
To those bummed about James maybe being ahead of Greenwood in the peckingorder: Im with you!

James potentially starting makes us so incredibly dangerous thogh due to the sheer speed of James. His final ball is not good but he can create and intercept, something that will create dangerous situations.

Rob Bowman

So Pogba is hurt. Seems a few news sources are saying he still should have travelled and it was surprising he did not travel. In fact they say he agitating for a move.

So the simple question I have, is there anything here or are the press stirring the pot?

Thanks in advance!

Rafaeldagold

65k expected for a friendly is amazing.

35 pound tickets are being sold for now on the day- got mine, come on United!

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
So Pogba is hurt. Seems a few news sources are saying he still should have travelled and it was surprising he did not travel. In fact they say he agitating for a move.

So the simple question I have, is there anything here or are the press stirring the pot?

Thanks in advance!
The second one. The press being the press and all that.

I can't see Pogba leaving at this stage unless a ridiculous bid comes in for him. We don't need to sell.

Red&Black

Supports
Milan
Two of the most historic clubs who are seemingly starting to get things in order. I naturally have always "hated" UTD as my best friend is a big fan, and we've always had the friendly banter... but always respected them.

This current milan team out there is basically our B team, which really saddens me.

We're currently missing all of Theo Hernandez, Bennacer, Kessie, Bonaventura, Caldara... and Leao and Paqueta may not see a minute as they arrived/returned literally 2-3 days ago. Duarte is in Brazil getting his visa. Shame.

That's almost our entire starting lineup. Not an excuse for today, it's a friendly... Don't need excuses. Just sad that we couldn't see more of our actual starters out there.

Correa is seemingly days away too. We'll see.

Good luck today and hoping both are teams get back to the top.

ps: Giampaolo is the best coach we've had since allegri. Can't wait to see him form this team to his tactical brilliance.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
So it seems pogba hasn’t travelled either. Another back injury.

Hope this isn’t the start of him being difficult! fingers crossed it’s genuine.
fingers crossed we've agreed to ditch him...

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Looking forward to this game, hopefully Gomes gets a good few mins.

ManchesterYoda

For 60 minutes

Martial
James - Gomes - Greenwood
Fred - McTominay
Shaw - Jones - Lindelof - Wan-Bissaka
De Gea​

For 30 minutes

Rashford
Lingard - Mata - Chong
Pereira - Garner
Young - Tuanzebe - Smalling - Dalot
Romero​

Rob Bowman

I would like to see the following start...

--------------DeGea------------
AWB-Tuanzebe-Linderlof-Shaw
---------McT-----Fred-----------
James-------Mata-----Rashford
-------------Martial--------------

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

Thanks in advance!
There is zero chance we allow Pogba to leave this late. It’s clickbait nonsense.

Red&Black

Supports
Milan
Come season's start. I'm expecting Milan to look like the following:

-----------Donnarumma----------
Calabria-Musacchio-Romagnoli-Theo
----Kessie--Bennacer--Paqueta---
---------------Suso----------------
----------Piatek -- Correa----------

Caldara and Bonaventura still need to recover from their injures. Hakan could sneak into the LCM role, moving Paqueta up to the Trequartista role. Krunic is a sleeper out there, and Leao can come in to replace Piatek in needed, or play as a SS, moving Correa back a bit.

For the first time in ages, Milan has a starting lineup AND depth. Not to our proper standards, but miles ahead of any season prior. Very excited

Reactions: Damien

Jericholyte2

Thanks in advance!
Especially for a friendly I wouldn't really see a point in him going if he’s not fit for it.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Let's show then some respect:

Chong - Lukaku - Lingard
Pereira - Fred
Matic
Young - Rojo - Jones - Dalot
Romero​

thisISben

In one of the Cardiff spoons as we speak. You won’t be able to tell the difference between Manchester and Cardiff at the moment. The United presence here is gigantic. You can’t hear yourself think over the United anthems.

Crashoutcassius

Thanks in advance!
Spanish media is the basis

Thanks in advance!
It's rubbish. In fact he's gone very quiet in recent weeks. Either he's decided to stay or (as I've heard) we've agreed he will do another year then leave with our blessing if he wants to.

He's played a lot of minutes so far so he doesn't need this game, and no point risking it if he is hurt.

Woodzy

In one of the Cardiff spoons as we speak. You won’t be able to tell the difference between Manchester and Cardiff at the moment. The United presence here is gigantic. You can’t hear yourself think over the United anthems.
Gatekeeper I assume?

Fully Fledged

I would like to see the following start...

AWB-Tuanzebe-Linderlof-Shaw
James-------Mata-----Rashford
This is why we need Fernandez even if we keep Pogba. If for some reason we don't start Pogba (Injury or resting) or midfield lacks creativity.

witchtrials

This is why we need Fernandez even if we keep Pogba. If for some reason we don't start Pogba (Injury or resting) or midfield lacks creativity.
Can't see that it'd make any difference to the midfield - seems like that would just allow us to leave out Mata, so:

AWB-Tuanzebe--Lindelof-Shaw
James----Fernandes---Rashford

Fully Fledged

Can't see that it'd make any difference to the midfield - seems like that would just allow us to leave out Mata, so:

AWB-Tuanzebe--Lindelof-Shaw
James----Fernandes---Rashford
He can be played as an 8.

Alemar

So Marcos Rojo, Matic and Mata all start, it doesn't look good.
The only positive is absence of Lingard in the starting XI