Manchester United vs Arsenal (Sat 22nd July, 22:00 UK time)

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
So only the media watches him play? As far as I'm concerned, he's an excellent football player and a very smart winger. There's a reason 10/10 coaches tell their players to double up on him. I question modern football fans understanding of the game sometimes.
Classic response. Don't agree with my opinion of a certain player, then you know nothing of football. Don't kid yourself into believing you know more, chief.

He's a good player, nowhere near as good as made out, IMO.

criticalanalysis

• Garnacho - laughably invisible, barely touched the ball. It's fine though
  • Sancho - class, they can't deal with him and he looks far more talented than anyone else on the pitch. Ball glued to his feet and showed good pace
  • Antony - can't finish or do things in the box, but works hard and keeps the ball well.
  • Bruno - quality, just an end product machine
  • Mount - very sharp on the ball, press resistant, very good defensively too
  • Mainoo - looks at home among everyone else. Comfortable on the ball, very mature defensively, physically he has so much more to grow but is already very strong
  • Shaw, Martinez, Varane, Wan bissaka - all so good. After a year together I think we'll see them step up further.
  • Heaton - very good performance!
Good summary, agree.

Telsim

What are they saying?
Shitting on Havertz and Rice, and generally acting like you would after a Premier League loss. But this isn't that and it's Rice's and Havertz's first game (or second?).

tjb

Mount has been very good. He's been active off the ball and all his touches on the ball have been good. He may not be as eye catching, but his press resistance has allowed us to actually play in midfield, which has helped Bruno and Mainoo.

AWB has gone up a level. Seems better with his ideas in attack.

Antony has been good defensively, but our wide areas have again been our weakness today. Garnacho can't get himself on the ball and Antony has been poor in the final third. I really want Amad to show us he's significantly better in the second half because that is where we can come undone

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Met him during the pre-season after he signed for Wolves when they played my local non-league team. Brilliantly humble and was having none of me describing him as the best full back the Premier League had ever seen whilst he was signing autographs at the tunnel, including the back of my United shirt. Well, until I looked at the autograph when I got home that night and it read 'You've got immaculate taste in fullbacks"
Class.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Rarely for us, but we always played a back 3 so he was rarely used in midfield for us the way Ten Hag is using him. He was an 8/10 throughout the age groups at youth level, but he was kinda mostly a square peg in a round hole in our back 3 system. Speaks volumes about his quality, attitude and versatility that he still won back to back POTY despite being shoved all over the pitch in unfamiliar roles. I think he’s gonna need time to relearn, if you will, his original position.

I'm excited about seeing how he goes for us in this type of role position. EtH must've seen something in him. I think he's an upgrade on Eriksen anyway.

Borninthe80ts

Clarence Seedorf
I’m sure I’ve said this before too. Composure beyond his years. Two footed . As physical and tactically sound as he is skilful. Can play multiple positions. Hopefully his career is as successful.

Dazzmondo

Shitting on Havertz and Rice, and generally acting like you would after a Premier League loss. But this isn't that and it's Rice's and Havertz's first game (or second?).
Tbh Havertz was a remarkably stupid transfer and hasn't gotten the criticism is deserves. Imagine if Utd had signed him.

vodrake

Arsenal subreddit melting down over a preseason friendly for some reason.
Their £170m new midfield is getting outperformed by an 18 year old youth academy player. Obviously just a friendly, but cant be what you want to see after hyping yourself up so much over then

Borninthe80ts

All the main points have been covered by most, but I’m impressed by the fight in the team. We’ve been a nice team for far too long and now we look angry and mean. I’m loving it!

We look hungry as well, pressing from the front and making a more settled team go backwards or rush with the ball. They do have 3 new signings that they are working into the team but this is a promising display.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Some very nice depth to us to be able to put out a side like this after a full rotation