Manchester United vs AS Roma (Pre-season Friendly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thepolice123

Good to see us playing with great cohesion once again. Felt like it was back to the Fergie days when everyone played for the team.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
and I'm very impressed by Reece James. Looks very much at ease.

Lu Tze

Why are American ads so shite. At least a fair few British ads are more abstract. There have been barely ads on Fox so far that aren't "BUY THIS PRODUCT - Jingle - BUY THIS PRODUCT!!!! - Jingle".

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
This is not a half competent team, it's a good team and they're missing lots of important players. Garcia has done a great job with this Roma side, this might be their year if they keep Benatia and Strootman. Astori at the back is also a good signing.

If Garcia manages to win the Serie A with Roma, after having won the French League with Lille, next stop will be a big Premier League club, i guess.

For those of you complaining about the defensive mistakes, you should know that van Gaal will never sacrifice his plan to create chances and attacking moves.This is one of the things he has common with sir Alex. The main goal will always be to get the best out of Mata and the two men in front of him, even if it makes us look kind of vulnerable at the back.
We will be like Holland, just try to outscore the opposition.

dave2528

I honestly don't think we've played as bad as the lot of you are making out. Yeah, we've looked shaky in the back trying to play the offside trap, with 20 year old Blackett playing part of a back three, and featuring our third string keeper, but a couple of their chances looked to be offside, or damn near close.

It took us 30 minutes to get our offense in gear but when we did, 3-0.

Reactions: KM
Impressive stuff from us towards the end of the half. We're starting to develop more potency in attack. We have some quality players and this formation is helping to gel them together. More of Rooney, Mata and Herrera on the ball please.

Defensively we still look far to open though. That will take more time on the training field.

crossy1686

career ending
Yeah its definitely better. United would do well to offer this beyond just friendlies.
no chance with the tv rights. Sky and BT Sport wouldn't pay anywhere near what they pay now if United were to opt out and do this for all their games (which was discussed by United a few seasons back). I think we'll reach a point where it will make much more financial sense for us to stream all our games. Especially abroad.

LoSpritz

This is not a half competent team, it's a good team and they're missing lots of important players. Garcia has done a great job with this Roma side, this might be their year if they keep Benatia and Strootman. Astori at the back is also a good signing.

If Garcia manages to win the Serie A with Roma, after having won the French League with Lille, next stop will be a big Premier League club, i guess.

For those of you complaining about the defensive mistakes, you should know that van Gaal will never sacrifice his plan to create chances and attacking moves.This is one of the things he has common with sir Alex. The main goal will always be to get the best out of Mata and the two men in front of him, even if it makes us look kind of vulnerable at the back.
I agree. This is a good team with a good manager.

Roma will win Seria A next year.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Good first half. Roma are defending i numbers so we need our transitions to be quicker and allow Ander to hurt them with incisive passes

Captain TC is having a good game distributing the ball quite well.

Hope the 2nd half team wont take too long to get into the game
TC? What you talkin about Willis?

The Red Thinker

The most pleasing aspect of that second goal by Mata was that we did to Roma what they've been trying to do all game - Highball behind the defence and boom!

I'm surprised that Roma's only real method of attacking is their highball strategy and hoping for our unsettled backline to make a mistake. Every single one of Roma's chances were mistakes by our players and that is very, very pleasing. Means we can improve and completely tighten things up.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
N

no chance with the tv rights. Sky and BT Sport wouldn't pay anywhere near what they pay now if United were to opt out and do this for all their games (which was discussed by United a few seasons back). I think we'll reach a point where it will make much more financial sense for us to stream all our games. Especially abroad.
I'm thinking more for international audiences

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Yeah its definitely better. United would do well to offer this beyond just friendlies.
They can't. Other organisations own the broadcast rights for the competitive matches.

space

We've done well, I don't think Roma truly dominated us at the start, they had a great chance, but we gave it away a few times tbh, they were keep the ball well but it was very predictable, and some poor refereeing too. After Rooney's it was normal business. I think Welbeck should have done better when he tackled the goalie.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
It's all experience and learning for the young lads James and Blackett. I have a feeling the Linesman has arsed up a couple if decisions and made them look worse than they have actually been.

Status
Not open for further replies.