Manchester United vs Athletic Bilbao (Sun 6th August, 16:00 UK time)

YikesSchmeics

Surely he will want the stronger team to start the final preseason game before next week? He better - I have tickets. Been promising my son it will be a strong team since the lens game was announcedZ
I'm bringing my little man who is slipping the cracks on his United fandom of late due to external influences, so I'm really hoping for some starters

Grande

Last year I thought it was clear we played a strongest possible team in the firat game, and then kids together with a few recently injureda or just boughts who needed a run out. But it’s funny to see those line ups a year later: Of a current expected first eleven, that time there were two against Madrid and two against Vallecano.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
What a line up! Reckon that be the team against wolves next week. Hojlund maybe on the bench.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Heaton

Wan-Bissaka
Maguire
Lindelof
Fernandez

Hannibal
Eriksen
Van de Beek

Pellestri
Sancho
Forson

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Heaton

Wan-Bissaka
Maguire
Lindelof
Fernandez

Hannibal
Eriksen
Van de Beek

Pellestri
Sancho
Forson
Most of them are on the bench today - feck knows who plays tomorrow

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Most of them are on the bench today - feck knows who plays tomorrow
I would guess today's starting eleven will play pretty much a full game if possible, so I would guess the bench players will be able to play tomorrow? Manchester to Dublin is pretty close.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I would guess today's starting eleven will play pretty much a full game if possible, so I would guess the bench players will be able to play tomorrow? Manchester to Dublin is pretty close.
Yes. That's what happened last season. A couple of them will play maybe 15 minutes today then start tomorrow.

For now I'll close this thread so people don't get confused

Betson

Gonna be a lot of unhappy United fans at the Aviva tomorrow.

Would not blame them , seems very underhand to sell the tickets for this one before mention of today's match 24 hours before . They done similar on the US tour with the Wrexham match.

You only get away with those capers once , i doubt they will sell out in Dublin again after this.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Would not blame them , seems very underhand to sell the tickets for this one before mention of today's match 24 hours before . They done similar on the US tour with the Wrexham match.

You only get away with those capers once , i doubt they will sell out in Dublin again after this.

Wrexham was always billed as reserves.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
United have dropped the ball yet again. Ridiculous entitlement and awful communication with what is probably the most passionate non-domestic fanbase.

Pathetic stuff, really.

Fr. Todd Unctious

WTF has Ten Hag not been to Dublin before got to do with anything :lol:

On a more serious note I am royally pissed off with this. Had an idea they might have had a game at OT as well but assumed they'd spilt the squads with a mixture of first teamers and reserves and have some of the big guns playing in OT and some others playing in Dublin:mad:

Judas

Open to offers
I'd be very chuffed to see some of our lads potentially last ever game for the club. Imagine being able to tell your grandkids you saw the great VDB's last game! They simply wouldn't believe you.

croadyman

WTF has Ten Hag not been to Dublin before got to do with anything :lol:

On a more serious note I am royally pissed off with this. Had an idea they might have had a game at OT as well but assumed they'd spilt the squads with a mixture of first teamers and reserves and have some of the big guns playing in OT and some others playing in Dublin:mad:
Yeah I thought they might do that too

croadyman

I'd be very chuffed to see some of our lads potentially last ever game for the club. Imagine being able to tell your grandkids you saw the great VDB's last game! They simply wouldn't believe you.
I really hope so because we need Amrabat this week ideally but don't see it happening

OldTrevil

Would be good to have Martial fit for this, but that's more likely to happen in my dream tonight :houllier:

Zumbi

It's a pre-season friendly which means it's always going to be a bit of a crap shoot in terms of how strong the team will be and which players will feature.

Cantonagotmehere

The concern of having two mixed teams over the two fixtures being, this is the last warm up games before the PL starts. How does ETH get a team in mind if he's not put out his strongest team to guage their form and fitness?

Seems a massive risk to me and so far we've had quite a disjointed pre season which is hardly helping build up relationships and confidence on the pitch. Hope they have a planned game behind closed doors game midweek ahead of Wolves match.
Massive risk? Come on....

Woziak

He might well start this team ;
T Heaton, AWB, H Maguire, V Lindelof, A Fernandez, S Mctominay, C Ericsen, DVB,
F Pellistri, J Hugill, Sancho

And he’s just using both games to get players fit, it’s clear now he has an idea of his first 11 in a 4-1-2-3 formation which is fine at home but this formation will lose too many away from home as it’s far too open.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
For some reason I'm reminded of the ghost estates that littered Ireland post financial crisis.
:lol:

apparently tickets (€90) went on sale for this before the Lens game was announced which would’ve made it our last pre season game and perfect timing for a full strength side. Safe to say it’s understandable why so many people are pissed off. I know people travelling from all ends of the country with their kids to see the match.

Fr. Todd Unctious

Wasn't expecting a full strength squad but at the very least would have been nice to have seen 2 or 3 of the big guns (Cas,Bruno, Martinez, Varane etc..) in the squad.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Was the promo image always the same for this?

MEN reported that we would play 2 games this weekend on 6th June.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
AWB, Eriksen, Sancho and Lindelof ended last season as starters. Maguire was the captain until 4 weeks ago. If Martial returns from the dead that’s arguably our starting striker when fit. Fred/Mctominay have been key squad players for 4 years. It will be nothing like the Wrexham game where Hannibal, Fernandez and Jonny Evans were the most senior players.