Manchester United vs Athletic Bilbao (Sun 6th August, 16:00 UK time)

James35

£20m is a good price. He was never more than a £40m player when we bought him. His value has obviously plummeted. Think we are stuck with him now though.

As for the game, lack of creating chances is rife throughout the squad. Plus points, Sancho, Pellistri and Fernandez.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
I’m so tired of hearing about how Maguires shit play is just because he’s not there mentally. It’s been almost 3 years of this shit but sure he just needs to clear his head. It’s not because he’s actually bad.
To be fair, have you seen the size of his head.

edgecutter

He just isn't suited to a calm possession game playing out from the back.
To be honest, I don't think he's up to any style anymore. Pace (not that he had any) is gone, and unless he has a system like England use he is done at the top level. I honestly think West Ham will be awful with him in defence.

Dannn411

No way Westham is signing him after this match. Well.. we just have to deal with this whenever he plays.
Unless we draw some championship side in the cups or lower or there is at least 3 CB injuries at the same time, he's not starting this season.

HJ12

Donny calling fall the ball while hiding behind defenders. C'mon man.

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Eriksen fails to beat the first man far too often for someone with his quality.
The guy was a free transfer, nobody wanted him but some people acted as if we dug gold in finding him.
Nothing wrong with him being here but kind of players we should move away from.

UDontMessWith24

I’ve rarely seen a player be so detrimental to his own team as consistently as Maguire. He saw the man right in front of him, he knows the ball needs to go quickly, and he makes the same mistake over and over again. The only thing he’s not at fault for is the fact that he hasn’t been sold.

Hester_manc

Many players have done alright - Eriksen, Donny, Fernandez for example. But the only good United player has been Sancho.

Maguire has been poor - I feel for him.

LS17

Feel like Fernandez definitely has the ability to be part of the squad this year, if not a Prem loan has to be on the cards.

Chip

Have to feel with people who've paid around €100 to endure this shit in this weather...

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I'm enjoying watching Fernandez

Dannn411

Alvaro Fernandez is a nice player man. So composed on the ball.

Dazzmondo

That was terrible by Maguire. He overcomplicates things. It's a simple pass. I prefer Evans over him as our 4th choice and I just hope we sell him and get rid of his wage. As mentioned before £20m is fine. He's not a good defender

Bwuk

I’d rather play Shaw at CB and start Fernandez, than see Maguire play for us again.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
One thing I seem to notice with Harry is that he tries to football his way out of situations when simply yeeting the ball would be the better option. You watch our previous CB greats like Vidic, Rio and Stam and they knew when to ram the ball away as much as they could when sensing danger close to the goal.

zaafi

People saying Eriksen is better than Mount. Get your head checked. He's been way off it since his injury.