Manchester United Vs Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.

stu_1992

Not bad at all, Certainly better than many, myself included, expected. We were much better second half than first, and we probably had the better chances overall. Rooney disappointed me and I thought Fellaini was quite poor. Welbeck looked dangerous all night. I thought Buttner had a good game too.

Revan

Assumptionman
Gotze?

I'd imagine they'll play how they finished the game today with Kroos and Dante coming in.
Well yeah. It is good though, Pep won't be able to play 3 midfielders in midfield and will have to go with some other formation (like 4-5-1).

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Really happy with that. Was expecting a 6-0 defeat. Players did well apart from Fellaini who was beyond dire. Still in the tie and now need a miracle in Germany!

rooney2009

Fair result,Moyes got his tactics right.
It just shows that the Manager and team have underachieved this season.
This players have not become bad players overnight.
So well played lads

Slevs

likes to play with penises
United way?? We played the United way under Fergie against Barcelona? Twice?

We were playing an absolute juggernaut of a team that steamrolls teams. We did quite excellent in the second half. We played quite well going forward as well considering the opposition.
We didn't hoof it up against Barca.

wtf. We were playing it up to Welbeck because of his speed. The hoofball was not tactics is was players panicking.
Same as the Arsenal game, defensively world class planning but attacking wise no clue. The players panicking can be avoided by a clear plan for attacking, there was none, until Kagawa was thrown on for Giggs.

NoLogo

Bayern looking as clueless as under van Gaal in his second seas at times tonight.

Who would have thought but I think we might actually have a tiny chance of going through especially if you consider their home records against English teams.

BW.k

Exceeded my expectations and played really effectively. 1-1 is not a bad result and I think we still have a chance of going through with Martinez and Schweinsteiger suspended

goin4glory

Welbeck is essential vs teams who plays vs us with a high line. Caused Bayern plenty of problems and while Dante is an upgrade on Martinez in the 2nd leg he's still a big liability at CB. Thought Carrick was excellent tonight which deserves a mention.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Vidic and Ferdinand were a fecking unit tonight. Especially when we were sitting that deep. They've still got it. Just about mind, but still got it.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
I'm proud of us tonight, to be honest, and I can settle for that. Supporting this club isn't about constantly winning, it isn't about losing. It's about being proud. I'm proud of my team. That's all I want.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
Vidic and Ferdinand were a fecking unit tonight. Especially when we were sitting that deep. They've still got it. Just about mind, but still got it.
To be fair, Bayern didn't really have a pacey striker to pressure them. Mandzukic should have been subbed on earlier. Muller wasn't that great tonight.

SalfordRed1960

We didn't hoof it up against Barca.

Same as the Arsenal game, defensively world class planning but attacking wise no clue. The players panicking can be avoided by a clear plan for attacking, there was none, until Kagawa was thrown on for Giggs.
Did you not watch the first half. There was a very clear plan. We used Welbeck a number of times and deliberately played to his strengths. We were just under the cosh and it is not surprising that a number of defenders decided just to welly the ball.

There was a defensive plan and there was an attacking plan.

When Kagawa came on the plan B was put into effect. A different type of attack and you will have noticed Welbeck was a lot more quieter.

Against a superior team, I just find it amazing that there seems to be so much negativity towards Moyes. He did well today, and the players played to the plan. If fellani had not gone to sleep this would be 1-0.

Lu Tze

Did you not watch the first half. There was a very clear plan. We used Welbeck a number of times and deliberately played to his strengths. We were just under the cosh and it is not surprising that a number of defenders decided just to welly the ball.

When Kagawa came on the plan B was put into effect. A different type of attack and you will have noticed Welbeck was a lot more quieter.

Against a superior team, I just find it amazing that there seems to be so much negativity towards Moyes. He did well today, and the players played to the plan. If fellani had not gone to sleep this would be 1-0.
We had more shots on target than they did. You don't get that without a clear plan.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news

Fully agree, if Welbeck had been on his job 2-1 or 2-0 even.

Felliani isn't cut out for this level.

Zen

Fully expect Bayern to sign some world class defender today to go with Lewandowski.....basically fix both flaws Moyes went after.

Absolutely loved the ref using common sense on the Valencia challenge, should of really done the same with Basty as it was only the 90th, but that one wasn't 50/50 and was definitely late, but I still feel somewhat harsh. But more refs should take note, he did very well.

Slevs

likes to play with penises

Not negativity, I admitted the defense was world class didn't I?

It's negativity when you want it to be.

Point is, the defenders were hoofing the ball up the entire time and it lead to nowhere. Our only chance in the first half came when we countered with Rooney feeding Welbeck for the 1 on 1.

ricky-romeo

great effort from the players. could have actually won the game.

still underdogs for the second leg but anything can happen in football, so hope is still there. if we can defend like today then we got a chance.

is rvp going to be available for the second leg?

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
The 3 bayern fans I know in RL all rave about him non-stop and say he's their best cm. I'd like to know what @Balu thinks
Schweini is awesome, we'll definitely miss him in the return leg. I don't know a single Bayern fan who thinks otherwise.

Great game btw. I tried to tell you guys that it will be a close tie, former great teams often show their best performances in games like this despite struggling in the league. Everyone is motivated and fights, CL games between big clubs are always special. I'm really looking forward to the game in Munich. Should be exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.