Kick-off
Thu, 11 May 2017 @ 8:05pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.
    United subs
    De Gea, Smalling, Jones, Carrick, Mata, Rooney, Martial.

18:48KEY EVENT
    United XI
    Romero, Valencia, Darmian, Bailly, Blind, Herrera, Fellaini, Pogba, Lingard, Mkhitaryan, Rashford.

I'd pick Romero all day over De Gea for this.

Hard work beats talent. De Gea looks uninterested so he can feck off to his shitty girlfriend in Madrid if we get big money.

United subs

United XI
    Romero, Valencia, Darmian, Bailly, Blind, Herrera, Fellaini, Pogba, Lingard, Mkhitaryan, Rashford.

At least 4 of the players on that reserve bench shouldn't be here next season.

Tuanzebe the 19th man
    Very harsh. He should have been rewarded for that debut.

Follow
    Alex Porter

✔@AlexPorterMEN

Very harsh on Tuanzebe to be the 19th man - he significantly outperformed Jones and Smalling at Arsenal, yet they make the bench #mufc

6:50 PM - 11 May 2017

Tuanzebe the 19th man
    Very harsh. He should have been rewarded for that debut.

Follow
    Alex Porter

✔@AlexPorterMEN

Very harsh on Tuanzebe to be the 19th man - he significantly outperformed Jones and Smalling at Arsenal, yet they make the bench #mufc

6:50 PM - 11 May 2017

He'll live

I'd pick Romero all day over De Gea for this.

Hard work beats talent. De Gea looks uninterested so he can feck off to his shitty girlfriend in Madrid if we get big money.

So why not pick Romero in the PL too? If he's a better option for one then he should be a better option for the other too.

United subs

United XI
    Confirmed by the club.

This Lingard starting is getting ridiculous.

So why not pick Romero in the PL too? If he's a better option for one then he should be a better option for the other too.

I wouldn't mind that at all. Posted a couple of weeks ago comparing their stats for the season. Romero has done better in many key statistics. I'm glad we kept De Gea when we did as it would have felt Beckham or Ronaldoesque of a departure.

I don't feel that way anymore. Sorry for not being a De Gea fanboy.

I have no issue with Romero playing. For all we know, De Gea might have made an error that cost us the tie in a previous round if he was playing instead.

I wouldn't mind that at all. Posted a couple of weeks ago comparing their stats for the season. Romero has done better in many key statistics. I'm glad we kept De Gea when we did as it would have felt Beckham or Ronaldoesque of a departure.

Fair enough. I think that's a bizzare opinion but still, fair enough.

You cannot compare them statistically without looking at the quality of teams both goalies have stood against.

I am sure you were happy we got Valencia after Ronaldo left too - cos Cristiano looked uninterested. This kinda post is beneath you.

Fair enough. I think that's a bizzare opinion but still, fair enough.
    I'm feeling the same way honestly. It's not a matter of if he goes, it's when. Don't want a player that doesn't want to be here.

I have no issue with Romero playing. For all we know, De Gea might have made an error that cost us the tie in a previous round if he was playing instead.

And if we had Messi he might have scored an own goal that cost us the tie in a previous round too. Traditionally you'd back the better player to outperform the lesser one though.

rhkiee.png

Romero has played against dross in comparison to the games De Dea has presided over.
    Using stats alone without looking at the context is obtuse and gives a skewed picture. De Gea is much better and should play the final because the team and club are greater than any individual player, or his feelings.

Romero has played against dross in comparison to the games De Dea has presided over.
    Using stats alone without looking at the context is obtuse and gives a skewed picture. De Gea is much better and should play the final because the team and club are greater than any individual player, or his feelings.

Romero has a vested interest in getting us into the Champions League next season. Can't say the same for De Gea

You cannot compare them statistically without looking at the quality of teams both goalies have stood against.
    I am sure you were happy we got Valencia after Ronaldo left too - cos Cristiano looked uninterested. This kinda post is beneath you.

Yes it's a point that must be made that he has faced lesser opposition but I've felt just as secure with Romero being in goal and I believe hes better in the air than De Gea when choosing to catch or punch. Just how I'm feeling about De Gea. We haven't missed him when hes not played this season.

I am sure Jose Mourinho knows which GK to choose instead of Pace Abuser of RedCafe.

@MrSingh2002

Those would be his stats from games against teams like St Ettiene, Zorya, Anderlecht and Rostov? Whereas De Gea's are from the full PL season he played as our first choice keeper?

If we played Romero for a full season I'm pretty sure I know how he'd compare to De Gea's "average" season.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 420 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Celta Vigo win
  • Draw