Kick-off
Sun, 28 April 2019 @ 4:30pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

fps

And if we do get decent players we have to pay over the odds in wages in turn fecking up the wage structure once more.
    Think paying off Alexis to just leave, selling those who want the silly money, and a hard re-set on wages is a good idea for sure.

Rampant-red

Jaysus lads Jose left us in a heap . Only for big Dave at the beginning of the season we were lucky not to be in the bottom half of the table. When Ole took over its looked impossible dream for 4th place. For me I think giving Ole the job early and not waiting till the end of the season was daft. I dont think he is tactically as good as the managers above him . Chelsea were there for the beating today but his subs were bad choices. Mind you he didn't have exactly a lot to choose from . In the past we have world players on the bench.

They played better today but its going to be a long summer

We are miles from City and Livershite . I'm cancelling Sky now as I cant listen to that smug wanker Souness a moment longer .

Just look at the passion of Herrera today .. not match fit but played his heart out. Why have the ballsack tossers on the board let his contract run out ? Cause they are money grabbing tossers.

DVG needs to be given a new contract. It will prove we trust him. You could see he was upset and his self esteem is down. He is still in the top 3 in the world .

Grrrrr... rant over .. love United.. hate the Glazers

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
    I'm doing a G Nev with Keane on Shaw :D

I sensed he was trying. I implied he was greedy though. And I commented multiple times that he needed to keep it simple.

I do though stand by the fact we should be building the team around him next year. But....but, only if the team around him is good enough by Pogba's standards. Otherwise he'll just produce more performances worthy of criticism.

As part of a well oiled unit he can definitely be the game changer. As part of an abhorrent shitshow....he'll simply join them.
    If we build our team around Pogba we need to be sure of his commitment. Ole should be smarter than to move for building a team around a player that wants out.

Schmeichel=God

Matic had a good first half but looked spent at that point. Think the idea was to bank on Pogba having a moment of brilliance. It all got very scrappy though.

Alexis is absolutely pointless, would have removed him myself, fresh legs and all.
    Ever since Alexis has been here we had no real attacking mechanism. At Arsenal they had quality at opening defences with intricate round the corner passes and great movement. At Utd...for years...nobody has ever known what the hell we do in creating chances. Noone ever runs in the right places. Nobody knows whether they should be dropping or going in any situation. So Alexis who despite being the biggest battler of small forwards...has no chance of operating in such a prehistoric setup as we've seen for years.

The same reasoning can go for why every other attacker at this club has fallen short. We don't know whether we're set up to get the best from Rashford or Lukaku or Martial or Fellaini....what exactly are we trying to do?! Remember Herrera's cross for Pogba? Right, so Pogba was getting into the box...another goal threat. What have we done with Pogba throughout this shite run....yes...dropped him deep.

We have zero cohesion. No attacking method besides 'hit it that way' on the break.

And so it's leading to us desperately looking to get rid of Sanchez and Lukaku, and massively questioning Martial and even Rashford now. Everyone looks like they have NO CLUE of what we do.

fps

Just me or has the official lineup failed to mention Sanchez getting on the pitch!?

I don't blame them.

Rashford was injured mate! He did his groin in the first half. Lukaku was knackered and was permanently offside.
    As for the rest of your tactics, we haven’t got players who can cross for toffee.

The only team ‘going for it’ were Chelsea
    Well,I initially thought Rashford was brought off because of his usual erratic self.

Yes,Shaw and Young aren't the best crossers but I would've preferred that then the nothingness they/we offered throughout the second half.
    Atleast we would have seen some intent.
    That second half was just nothing.

Loublaze

ATLien
    "don't come close" isn't the same as "way more"

Rojo and Bailly's issues, apart from not being very good overall, is their habit of over committing, same with Jones. Doesn't mean that they overall aren't more intelligent players.
    Repeatedly over committing when you shouldn't is a sign of abject stupidity, that's why Smalling is more trust worthy

Schmeichel=God

If we build our team around Pogba we need to be sure of his commitment. Ole should be smarter than to move for building a team around a player that wants out.
    Absolutely fair enough. And really I believe we should never be looking to placate a player into receiving his commitment. A la Rooney...I wanted him gone after the first contract debacle.

But....(well...I know we won't), if we recruit properly and get a fit, well oiled unit working nicely...then Pogba would perform like no other player (that we could attract) can.

As I have zero faith that we will do anything worthwhile or positive in the transfer window...then yes we will probably have the same Pogba next year...in which case I can't argue against a full reset including him going.

Schmeichel=God

Repeatedly over committing when you shouldn't is a sign of abject stupidity, that's why Smalling is more trust worthy
    Yes. I don't get why so many include Chris/Mike as one of their ones to definitely go. He is the only one that should definitely stay.

BlahRules

Ok. What would you have done...?
    Subbed Matic off and had Herrara and McTominay to win the ball and pushed Pogba.

Get Martial on, and before you say he is too lazy. He had been lazy during Jose tenure and when he came on he always made an impact.

We lost the game second we had no pace upfront.

Schmeichel=God

We should be calling Real and discussing a swap deal with Courtois. Get discussions underway now.

If not Real then PSG. How old is Buffon?!

So take De Gea out and put Romero in. Two games to make as much of a stake for himself as he can. It's not much...but it's time.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
    De Gea out. fecking Spanish rat. Sick of his shit now
    Jog on you weapon.All keepers make mistakes, all of them.I’m only surprised it hasn’t happened before now given the absolute mess on the pitch in front of him week in week out for the last 6 years.

andy0

It has been rumoured that some of these players want to leave because they want to play in the Champions League.

Here was a chance to prove it, to us, to themselves, and to prospective new teams

Bit of a paradox there ...

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
    He played DDG. Would SAF have done that?
    Yes, yes he would have.

You seem to forget that in his last outing with the club, Romero gave away 2 shitty goals against Wolves. He was not an option to replace DDG. We have no alternatives.

Celoti23-81

Yes, yes he would have.

You seem to forget that in his last outing with the club, Romero gave away 2 shitty goals against Wolves. He was not an option to replace DDG. We have no alternatives.
    SAF sent Schmeichel on a months holiday when he was piss poor. Can't remember his replacement though. Could have been Van der Gouw. Not sure. Not exactly a Romero, 100 caps for Argentina

Buster15

Go on Didier
    Supports
    Bristol Rovers
    No team should 'build a team' around any individual player. That would be a really dumb thing to do.
    The clue is in the word - team.

seanboy

He played DDG. Would SAF have done that?
    He ke
    Subbed Matic off and had Herrara and McTominay to win the ball and pushed Pogba.

Get Martial on, and before you say he is too lazy. He had been lazy during Jose tenure and when he came on he always made an impact.

We lost the game second we had no pace upfront.
    I like it. But when was the last time Martial was effective off the bench? His debut?

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
    Well he said he wants to build a side around Pogba so go figure.
    They're nowhere near the same player obviously, but both Barcelona and Real built their teams around their guiding star player.

Ole is quotes as saying that Pogba is the type of player you build your team around, he has not stated that he will build Manchester United around Pogba after the became the manager. it was a comment made as praise, not boardroom transfer tactic.

Imran Mamdani

That's on the coach no ?
    Yep. All gets decided in training. There should come a time when performances on the pitch dictates who’s good and who’s not. If they are the best we have in training then that says a lot about our teams capabilities. God save us.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 362 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win
  • Draw