Manchester United vs Club America (Pre-season friendly)| No posting streams in thread or on profiles

rover

the young legs have more energy but this is also a more lousy game, very unorganised. schweini is classy. pereira has his quality and also januzaj

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Couldn't take much more of that commentator. Birtles is the ultimate cnut. MUTV is bad enough, everything is smiles and rainbows, but this guy is the opposite extreme -- everything is doom, gloom, death and pain.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Another season ahead of people whining about fecking commentators. Just turn the commentry off ffs, who cares if you hate a commentator?.
You clearly didn't hear him, he was hypnotic and terrible. And who cares if you don't care who cares about commentators?

m1y2

Andreas and Sweiny good half, Blackett solid, shame Lingard's not played centraly, Adnan okay, Dissapointing Wilson but not really much worse than Rooney..

Bwuk

It's clear to me that too many of our players don't look comfortable when pressed.

Last 20 mins I thought they were going to score.

RRCE

Morgan Schneiderlin with the man of the match award. Well deserved.

Raw

New signings looked good, my bff Schneiderlin scored and Pereira looked very promising.

Now, off to bed.

DevilRed

I think we definitely need a striker. Not sure whether we will go for a young player with potential or a "name" player, but we sure look short on goalscorers.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Right, well that was shit. Some positives though:
- Schneidi, Darmian, and to a lesser extent Memphis looking good in the first half
- second half starting off lively with Lingard, Pereira, Januzaj all looking good
- Schweinsteiger looking initially great (but then fading quite badly, not fit yet obviously), same with Ander really
- Pereira looking excellent throughout
- me reaching the 20K posts landmark

Right I'm out, good night lads!
Bonsoir!

NK86

Another season ahead of people whining about fecking commentators. Just turn the commentry off ffs, who cares if you hate a commentator?.
It is no fun to watch a muted game. The atmosphere seems missing.

dann496

Nothing to note in 2nd half except Schweini is dominating, Pereira lively and still not impressed with Januzaj.

If anything i found 1st half is more interesting and tactical.

kundalini

Pereira the pick of the 2nd half team and perhaps the best player on the night
Januzaj also promising, a few super moments
Wilson I'm afraid was poor
Blackett decent at left back
Smalling and Evans defended ok but got us into trouble with poor passes
Schweinsteiger fairly quiet

Last edited:

krazyrobus

Perrera was pretty good

Januzaj/ Wilson decent

Lingard, blergh

Ander and Basti staking clear claims for a midfield 3 with Morgan.

Defence was ok, Smalling asleep a bit

Lindegard's kicking is terrible, worse than Johnston.

ken11

A little underwhelming 2nd half but 1st preseason game, can't expect too much since it's all friendly and experimental anyway.

Kakeru

Not a very good game, is it? Anyone remember how we did this time last year?
Except for the game against Inter, I think we looked good against AS Roma and Real Madrid before beating Liverpool in the "final".

YouOnlyLiveTwice

It was great to see the team!

Players that need mentioning:

Schneiderlin - Excellent
Schweini - Great
Darmian - Great
Johnstone - Great
Evans - Great
Memphis - Good

Carrick - Slow starter
Rooney - Meh

Raw

Oh, and that pitch was just awful. I hope we play on an actual pitch in our next game, all that slipping is turning me scouse.

the hea

First game of the season and it really showed. It's really hard to say anything about our teamplay after a game like this since the tempo is not there yet.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Lots of positives. Doesn't matter much really because it's all about fitness and Rythmn at this point, but Pereira looks a very interesting player. Liked the look of all our new signings.

hbgreg

Sch, Sch, Herrera midfield please. Perreria/Mata impressed the most out of the wide options. Memphis/Januzaj/Rooney/Wilson all have to improve. Shaw, Darmian, Smalling, Signing would make a great back 4. Johnstone>Lindegaard... McNair impressive.

Goodnight.

Rezyuz

The commentator has got on my nerves. He is making it feel like we are in the middle of the season and not the first pre-season friendly on an awful pitch.
You know nothing until you heard Sjierd de Vos from Sport1 (dutch tv)

For example you are watching Madrid vs Valencia and he suddenly goes on to have a 10 min chat about "in the streets of valencia, there is this little cafe called El Polo Loco. And at El Polo Loco they have this special menu called blabla and at this restaurant back in 2008 Sergio Ramos met his girlfriend for the first time. it was love at first sight etc etc"

Its insane really lol

WyoManU

Not bad for our first match. Clearly lacked match fitness and sharpness, as is to be expected. I think there were plenty of positives. I thought all four of our new signings looked the part. Darmian clearly has confidence going forward and I am anxious to see more of him. In the first half Morgan did quite well, and had to prop up Carrick who was awful, truth be told. Memphis wants the ball which is nice to see, but he had no final pass today, so hopefully he will get that with some fitness. I thought Schweinsteiger started that second half amazingly well. Really showed composure and how to move the ball around intelligently, though he clearly faded as the match drew on.

Really pleased to see how our younger players went at it in the second half. They deserved a couple goals. Stand out man was Pereira. Mata certainly has his moments but I would like to see this kid get a chance out wide as he looked a real threat.

Herrera did well also but will have to rotate with our other outstanding midfielders now depending on what we need tactically.

Quite happy with the win and really excited to see us grow in momentum and get a real first 11 to start one of these matches.

diarm

I know it's a cliché to give out about American commentary but that was fecking painful. There was a 15 second spell where they first spoke about what a shame it was that United's new transfer policy meant we are no longer bringing players from the academy in a touring squad that includes Johnstone, Blackett, McNair, Goss, Pereira, Januzaj, Lingard and Wilson, 7 of whom got 45 minutes tonight. Then they questioned the flag not being raised for offside from a throw in and finally something thing else which really annoyed me but I've forgotten. All in the space of 15 or 20 seconds. Then they tried to tell us the pitch that we could see flat passes bobbling all over was a perfect surface.

Then the entire second half slagging off Van Gaal for not being out on the touchline bawling instructions in the first preseason friendly of the summer. As if he wasn't quite rightly watching his players to learn a but more about them and won't go over everything in detail with them this week. There was the whole Blacklett, Smallings and however the hell he was pronouncing Herrera fiasco and to top it all off, they had Warren Barton who seems to be the worlds least likeable man spouting shite all over the place.

Pereira though. God if he didn't make it all worthwhile!

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Sch, Sch, Herrera midfield please. Perreria/Mata impressed the most out of the wide options. Memphis/Januzaj/Rooney/Wilson all have to improve. Shaw, Darmian, Smalling, Signing would make a great back 4. Johnstone>Lindegaard... McNair impressive.

Goodnight.
Januzaj > Mata today*

ghagua

Decent first pre season game. Everyone looked pretty good, but Blackett needs to learn some positional sense.

Sid234

Loved how Schweinstiger took up great positions in the final third and made the right passes. Also, the quick touches and body swivel to lose his marker reminds me of Scholesy!

Pereira was excellent, great close control and smart passer as well, Mata for the left wing.

McNair did well both defensively and going forward too, looks physically much more stronger and well built compared to last season!

Adnan seems to have bulked up too, using his body to hold off defenders and turn them. Seems have been working on playing upfront.

Finally, Herrera was great as well. Always there to recieve the ball in tight situations and move it forward! Popped up all over the pitch like Schweinstiger

NL Max

Dutch ITK, for reals
You know nothing until you heard Sjierd de Vos from Sport1 (dutch tv)

For example you are watching Madrid vs Valencia and he suddenly goes on to have a 10 min chat about "in the streets of valencia, there is this little cafe called El Polo Loco. And at El Polo Loco they have this special menu called blabla and at this restaurant back in 2008 Sergio Ramos met his girlfriend for the first time. it was love at first sight etc etc"

Its insane really lol
That isn't even exaggerated and exactly why I love him, he's so random at times and can make boring games so much more fun. Everytime I now see Arda Turan I think he's called super turk because of Sierd :lol:

Sid234

Funny how the commentators kept insisting that the players and coaches loved how great the pitch was while the truth was the wxact oppositand they mentioned more than 3 times during the game as if they're narketing the stadium for future games