Wed, 18 December 2019 @ 8:00pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
    I have never understood this. Fair enough you will leave due to a lack of gametime, but you have still been at United for nearly 13 years. Are people going to suddenly forget that he started life at United?

That said, the fact that Pereira and Lingard were starters, with gomes not even given sufficent time to prove his worth, is criminal IMO. We talk about foden at City, but we are going to discard Gomes without giving him a run of games, while having dross like Pereira, mata and lingard disappoint in the 10 role.
    Gomes HAS played first team matches this season and quite frankly he did not do anything to indicate he's ready to play another. The coaching staff has given plenty of playtime to youngsters, if Gomes is not starting or even on the bench, there is a very good reason for that that we are not privy to.

BootsyCollins

Hope to see :
    --------------Romero---------------
    Laird--Axel--Rojo--Williams
    ----------Garner--Fred------------
    James-----Gomes----Chong
    --------------Greenwood---------

Think we´ll see :
    ----------------Romero------------------
    Young--Axel--Jones--Williams
    ---------Garner--Matic---------------
    Greenwood--Andreas--Chong
    ---------------Martial--------------------

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
    That said, the fact that Pereira and Lingard were starters, with gomes not even given sufficent time to prove his worth, is criminal IMO. We talk about foden at City, but we are going to discard Gomes without giving him a run of games, while having dross like Pereira, mata and lingard disappoint in the 10 role.
    The coaching staff are dishing out game time to young players left right center. If he hasn't been given a run of games yet then there's probably a logical explanation to it. It could be any of the following reasons: A) he isn't committed to the club, hasn't signed a new deal. B) he isn't ready physically, I mean look at the size of him. C) His attitude/determination isn't right in training.

I'm certain the coaches know more about him than random caf posters crying about injustice and criminal acts just because their new shiny toy isn't given time on the pitch.

Also the Foden comparison is just ignorance. City/Pep get criticised for very rarely giving any academy products the chance. Look at the academy minutes for the respective clubs this season and you will be shocked.

Quite ironic that Pereira is the scapegoat now when 2-3 years ago he was the latest shiny toy who was treated unfairly by every manager. In 2-3 years some of the currently hyped players will be getting the Pereira treatment while there will be some new shiny toy who will apparently be unfairly treated. I guess that's the life of a fickle fanbase.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
    This will be a Greenwood show. Then again, if Greenwood does not play, Greenwood is starting next game. I have to check but I think I tipped Greenwood to score 10 on the season. Projecting to make a fool out of that prediction so far.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
    Even I can't see us losing this - would should feck everything :D:wenger:

Web of Bissaka

Play Greenwood, he's one of the few who is not suffering from the "oh it's a game vs shit team, let's chill and drop the handle" syndrome.

Play Axel especially and Will, i'm sure they're eager to impress.

Paul_Scholes18

People should remember that they have reached this far and done well against better teams before. We are also not like Man City who destroy weaker sides. Have already struggled against a league 1 side this season and we could do it again if we are not up for it.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
    Have you not been watching us?
    Yeah, we weren't that bad against Everton and created a few good chances to put them away. We outplayed City and Spurs before that, sandwiched with getting 4 past AZ in between.

My mood was very much like yours after West Ham or Rochdale or Bournemouth but I think management + the team deserve credit for general performance levels in the past 3-4 games.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
    If we don't get at least 3 past this lot, my unwavering support is going to start wavering.

Gator Nate

Yeah, we weren't that bad against Everton and created a few good chances to put them away. We outplayed City and Spurs before that, sandwiched with getting 4 past AZ in between.

My mood was very much like yours after West Ham or Rochdale or Bournemouth but I think management + the team deserve credit for general performance levels in the past 3-4 games.
    No, no, no... those don't count! Only the bad results or good results from shite football count.

Gerald G

Romero
    Young--Axel--Rojo--Williams
    Garner--Matic
    Lingard--Mata--Pereira
    Greenwood

Subs: Grant; Jones, Laird, Dalot; McTominay; James, Martial​

khoazany

Think Dalot Tuanzebe Garner Williams and Greenwood will start (and Levitt if he's fit). Chong and Laird come on from the bench.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
    Scout
    Think Dalot Tuanzebe Garner Williams and Greenwood will start (and Levitt if he's fit). Chong and Laird come on from the bench.
    Ramazani from the bench is also a possibility as he only played the 1st half on Monday. Would be a great reward for his brilliant form in the U23s.

Hughes35

Big opportunity to build on the decent momentum we've had recently. We really should be looking to win this cup, we've already shown we can beat City and Leicester.

A long way to go but a 4th or 5th finish with the League cup and Europa League would be a very good season in the end. That should be the aim.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
    May I ask why ?
    I could not care less about this League Cup tbh.
    I usually don't, but I would like to see this group of youngsters get a trophy - good to keep that culture of winning things alive.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
    Pochettino with Spurs this season probably thought the same but overseen an embarrassing loss.
    He fielded a weaker team but didn't finish with it. Eriksen, etc all came on to try and win it but Colchester held firm and won a penalty shoot out. Embarrassing it was but Colchester survived a battering somehow.

One of those days

Nialinho

S. Romero
    Wan-Bissaka--Tuanzebe--Maguire--Williams
    McTominay-Fred
    Lingard--Andreas--Rashford
    Greenwood​

Subs: Grant; Marcos Rojo, Dalot; Matic, Garner, Mata; Martial

Let's take this seriously.

Mike Smalling

Would go for:

Romero
    Young - Tuanzebe - Jones - Williams
    Garner - Matic
    Greenwood - Mata - James
    Martial

Hopefully we will have the chance to take off Martial and James to ensure they are fit for Sunday. Also really hope we won't be seeing Chong in the starting line-up. I have yet to see him do anything positive in the first team.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
    Good mix of youth and senior players. No fecking injuries.

And above all else, just win.

theklr

We're not in any position to be turning our nose up at the chance to get to a semi final.
    It’s not a question of turning our nose up , it is a question of if it’s more important than resting players and avoiding injuries for the PL fixtures

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
    Scout
    Don't lose your collective shit if we start slowly again. Given the amount of changes that will be done, it's going to take a little time for the players to gell and get back into the tempo. Expecting another decent 2nd half performance after a fairly mediocre opening 45minutes.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
    Scout
    I think we will go with the team that played against AZ Alkmaar with very few changes

Romero

Dalot Tuanzebe Jones Williams

Matic Garner

Mata Pereira Gomes

Greenwood
    Don't think we should risk the first 11 players for this game, considering it's league 2 team and at OT. Hopefully Chong, Laird, Ramazani comes on as a sub.

Pogba's Barber

Supports
    Droylsden FC
    Don't lose your collective shit if we start slowly again. Given the amount of changes that will be done, it's going to take a little time for the players to gell and get back into the tempo. Expecting another decent 2nd half performance after a fairly mediocre opening 45minutes.
    Good point. Wholesale changes to the starting XI and how this impacts the cohesion and fluidity between players that have hardly ever lined up in a competitive game together is often overlooked - it's all too easy to bash Ole or the players for 'not being good enough' without examining the full context of a slow/flat performance.

Reactions: 12OunceEpilogue

Strelok

Why would you turn your nose up at winning a trophy though?
    Field 1st team players and winning this trophy or save them fress for the weekend. I'd rather choose the later tbh, even not considering the possible injures.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
    Staff
    They will.

Inigo Montoya

It’s not a question of turning our nose up , it is a question of if it’s more important than resting players and avoiding injuries for the PL fixtures
    Utd should compete on all fronts. If we throw this game because ‘ the PL is more important,’ we really have turned into a mid table side

Inigo Montoya

I think we will go with the team that played against AZ Alkmaar with very few changes

Romero

Dalot Tuanzebe Jones Williams

Matic Garner

Mata Pereira Gomes

Greenwood
    Don't think we should risk the first 11 players for this game, considering it's league 2 team and at OT. Hopefully Chong, Laird, Ramazani comes on as a sub.
    What’s with Dalot on so many people’s line ups? He’s not fit enough

theklr

Utd should compete on all fronts. If we throw this game because ‘ the PL is more important,’ we really have turned into a mid table side
    Under normal circumstances I totally agree.

But our squad depth is far from «normal» at the moment. Any of our starting XI goes injured or is tired our performance drops drastically.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 146 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Colchester win
  • Draw