Manchester United vs FC Barcelona (International Champions Cup)

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
"Hi can I add MUTV to my subscription please?"
"Of course, is that for the Barcelona match by any chance?!"
"That's right!"
"Well there's an offer at the moment so I can give it to you for half price for three months"
"Brilliant, cheers, I'll tell Summit"

:)

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
"Hi can I add MUTV to my subscription please?"
"Of course, is that for the Barcelona match by any chance?!"
"That's right!"
"Well there's an offer at the moment so I can give it to you for half price for three months"
"Brilliant, cheers, I'll tell Summit"

:)
:lol:

RedStarUnited

Van Gaal stated last week Blind was in competition with Carrick, Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger for midfield. If Rojo was available he'd be at CB, Evans too probably if he wasn't so shit. We'll probably sign another CB before the season starts anyway. It's pre-season, it's a friendly, relax.
Its easier to complain than to think logically sometimes...

Mali_Zeus

Yeah, I do actually.

Infact, I was pretty fecking positive up until Louis starting with the stupid tactics once again.

Its pretty fecking obvious that this lineup and tactics are what he's planning the season with. He's not just playing it for shits and giggles.
Never seen it.

Yeah I guess he'll play the whole season with this same lineup.

Not worth watching any of our games then.

LR7

Who will be in CM with Ander in the second half?

prarek

BARCA: Ter Stegen; Adriano, Vermaelen, Pique, Alba; Busquets, Roberto, Rafinha; Iniesta, Pedro, Suarez

UNITED: De Gea; Darmian, Jones, Blind, Shaw; Carrick, Schneiderlin; Mata, Memphis, Young; Rooney

Iron Stove

He's started Blind with Jones in all games so clearly isn't a try out. It's just Louis being weird.
It's pre-season, everything about it is a try out. People should complain if something fails, not before. Fergie played the Da Silva twins in midfield and beat Arsenal.

Ixion

Maybe if we get thumped and Real see Barca smash five past De Gea it will put them off.

Also I don't have MUTV...just putting that out there.

Matty7

It's a bloody friendly people! This is the right type of game to try these things.

For those who are saying this is 'probably' the team that will play Spurs, I'm pretty sure LVG wouldn't give our starting 11 away like that and is maybe trying to trick Spurs too? Also probably is the key word there, he didn't say 'Will'. Also only a few day ago he said Valencia is number 1 RB now Darmain would be starting vs Spurs if that was the case. So this is clearly not going to be the exact starting 11.

Walters_19_MuFc

I wasn't sure if Rojo was available for selection for the last bit of the season, I thought he was but maybe not.

Blackett is no choice at all. So perhaps he did always choose Rojo when he was fit to start.
To be fair, Rojo was available at the back end of last season but because Smalling and Jones were doing so well, I guess he decided to stick with it, and rightly so.

I'm with you, and everyone else on this one, though. The left footed centre back thing is a bit baffling, but it's something Van Gaal has always done then I guess we just have to leave him to it.

The positive about having Blind at centre back, though, is his passing from the back, and judging by Van Gaal's comments, it looks like he could possibly be starting the season there.

diarm

I was gonna cancel it tomorrow but I might actual keep it at that price.
I ended up doing that last year. It's not great but for a few quid a month, I was happy enough to catch the odd reserve game or a few replayed matches that I'd missed live because of work.

Raw

Barca without Messi, Neymar, Rakitic and Mascherano are definitely beatable. Reckon we'll squeeze a win out of this one.

Cmz'

Reckon Depay will score a long ranger tonight, his time to shine :devil:

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
No deal for me @Rado_N. Apparently there is no deal on. Wankers.

Sam

Never seen it.

Yeah I guess he'll play the whole season with this same lineup.

Not worth watching any of our games then.
Thats your problem, not mine.

No, he'll eventually realise that it doesn't work (see last season with RVP/Falcao, 3-5-2, no Herrera etc etc) but about 3 months too late. Were all the people last season who were moaning about those things just being dramatic or negative? Or actually, were they bang on the money?

It's a bloody friendly people! This is the right type of game to try these things.

For those who are saying this is 'probably' the team that will play Spurs, I'm pretty sure LVG wouldn't give our starting 11 away like that and is maybe trying to trick Spurs too? Also probably is the key word there, he didn't say 'Will'. Also only a few day ago he said Valencia is number 1 RB now Darmain would be starting vs Spurs if that was the case. So this is clearly not going to be the exact starting 11.
When has LVG ever played mind games?

He pretty much always tells the truth in pressers, and just refuses to answer any questions he doesn't want to.

LS17

Well I'd like to see Smalling in against Spurs that's for sure.

I'd be happy if that was Young - Mata - Memphis but we're gonna get the same as the last two games aren't we :(

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yeah, I do actually.

Infact, I was pretty fecking positive up until Louis starting with the stupid tactics once again.

Its pretty fecking obvious that this lineup and tactics are what he's planning the season with. He's not just playing it for shits and giggles.
Holy feck, since when is a 4-2-3-1 something ridiculous? That and 4-3-3 are the most common formations. Maybe he thinks we are more creative with a 4-2-3-1 with Memphis in behind Rooney, and have sufficient midfield control and defensive cover with Carrick and Schneiderlin covering? It makes perfect sense, though it is slightly annoying with Herrera not being a starter as he's class. It does make sense though.

Hed Zitin

Shit line up. Wonder how much of the ball we'll get?

I expected the daft Blind selection over Smalling, but that CM will get over ran.

4-4-2 without two wingers :houllier:.