Manchester United vs FC Barcelona (International Champions Cup)

SteveW

Blind will get ripped to pieces and that will be the end of it. If feel a bit sorry for him having to play a position he's clearly unsuited too. LVG doesn't do himself any favours. His weird experiments would have cost us 4th place last season if Liverpool hadn't been so awful. This one is beyond stupid.

settembrini

If that is the team that faces Spurs then Herrera and especially Smalling can feel incredibly hard done by.
Yep. Van Gaal's tactical and team selection blunders cost us big time last season, let's hope we don't repeat the same mistakes this year.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
The game has not even started and there is already a negative vibe around here. Calm down y'all, let wait and see what this game will unfold.
If he makes all the changes in the 2nd half quality wise it will be completely lopsided. He should have been changing the teams around in the games.

Sylar

Pedro to start for Barca.
Sign for United at half time.
Be subbed on for United in second half.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
I'd rather have Memphis on the left, Mata behind the striker and Young on the right. :(

RedStarUnited

They're both fit. I was thinking the way you are now till today but he clearly stated that the line up today would be the line up for the Spurs game as far as possible. Unless we get a CB in, he will play this and see blind struggle against good opposition for some games before changing.
LVG praised him just the other day and said he was his 3rd captain. It looks like he rates him to me, and maybe just not playing him for precautionary reasons.

SteveW

Taking out Herrera is ridiculous as well. Just put Memphis on the left instead of Young. Can't see LVG picking this lineup against Spurs

SqueakyWeasel

Herrera I can understand, between him and Memphis (and others) for that no. 10 role in the 4231. Against Barca I think two holders is reasonable. Most games not, though.
It's only a question of whether what he's gone with is better than Mata taking the 10 from Memphis and Herrera replacing Mata on the wing. I think Memphis is probably a stronger 10 and won't get knocked off the ball as much but Mata is more … silky (for want of a better term) and may very well link up better with Herrera.

Sam

I'd rather have Memphis on the left, Mata behind the striker and Young on the right. :(
Way too logical to LVG. I mean, playing 2 out of 3 players in their actual, natural, positions? Are you crazy?

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
All you fecking moaners can go to hell with your depressing shite.

It's fecking pre-season, he want's a passer at the back. Like Mascherano playing defense, let him fecking try it in a meaningless game.
He's started Blind with Jones in all games so clearly isn't a try out. It's just Louis being weird.

vodrake

Huh, didn't you guys tell me De Gea wasn't really injured and just wasn't playing as he's about to move to Madrid?

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
It's only a question of whether what he's gone with is better than Mata taking the 10 from Memphis and Herrera replacing Mata on the wing. I think Memphis is probably a stronger 10 and won't get knocked off the ball as much but Mata is more … silky (for want of a better term) and may very well link up better with Herrera.
I don't think he's once put Herrera on the wing.

Mali_Zeus

LVG back to his mental tactics. Might as well write off the first 6 months of this season then.
Do you ever, I mean ever write anything positive?

So you're gonna write off first 6 months cause of a lineup before one preseason game..?

Ffs.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
He's just getting them fit, this is not going to be our first 11 in the premier league, god you bunch of drama queens.

Varun

Staff
LVG praised him just the other day and said he was his 3rd captain. It looks like he rates him to me, and maybe just not playing him for precautionary reasons.
Ofcourse he does. I don't doubt that. It's just that he's forced to bench him as he wants blind at CB.

LazyRed-Ninja

Dutchman, who could have chosen any tagline.
If he makes all the changes in the 2nd half quality wise it will be completely lopsided. He should have been changing the teams around in the games.
Im always a bit skeptical in arguing about what a manager should do, we as football fans have never managed a team let alone make decisions about which players to deploy. Does that mean we can not have an opinion ? Absolutely not, you can be an average football fan and see a flaw in a certain line up, but let us judge a mistake after it's being done and then compare our opinions with the fact on hand. Besides, there is nothing much we can do expect for pointing it out, right?

Sam

Do you ever, I mean ever write anything positive?

So you're gonna write off first 6 months cause of a lineup before one preseason game..?

Ffs.
Yeah, I do actually.

Infact, I was pretty fecking positive up until Louis starting with the stupid tactics once again.

Its pretty fecking obvious that this lineup and tactics are what he's planning the season with. He's not just playing it for shits and giggles.

Ixion

Van Gaal stated last week Blind was in competition with Carrick, Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger for midfield. If Rojo was available he'd be at CB, Evans too probably if he wasn't so shit. We'll probably sign another CB before the season starts anyway. It's pre-season, it's a friendly, relax.