g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Manchester United vs Inter Milan (Pre-season Friendly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexio

INTER: Handanovic; Ranocchia, Vidic, Juan Jesus; D'Ambrosio, Jonathan, Kuzmanovic, Krhin, Dodò; Botta, Icardi

Lane

Because we don't have enough wing-backs for this new system. Worth a try, though I don't think he has the defensive understanding that is needed there. And with Shaw on his conditioning stint, we would only have James to play there during the tour.
And what is exactly up with the likes of Varela, Janko or others. We did take James in USA. If there is a shortage of players LVG and management needs to address it in the market. It's hard to get a top players in, but there are a lot of player who can do a job, be a good enough cover and then maybe develop further.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
That week in Marbella must've been a mental one if Shaw's fitness is as bad as it's being made out to be. On a side note, Javier Zanetti reminds me of Sean Penn.

massi83

Yeah but surely playing 45 minutes in a friendly aids his fitness. A half-fit Shaw wouldn't be too big a risk especially in a preseason game.
It would aid, but there are even better ways to enhance his fitness.

Sam

Watching Young playing left wing back might actually push me over the edge. I'm not sure I can take it.

marky

Yeah but surely playing 45 minutes in a friendly aids his fitness. A half-fit Shaw wouldn't be too big a risk especially in a preseason game.
sure, I found it a bit strange myself, but lets say you have been doing heavy cardio the last couple of days, it takes some time before the body adapts too it.

massi83

And what is exactly up with the likes of Varela, Janko or others. We did take James in USA. If there is a shortage of players LVG and management needs to address it in the market. It's hard to get a top players in, but there are a lot of player who can do a job, be a good enough cover and then maybe develop further.
Both of them right-sided. We already have 2 young players in Shaw and James, no need to buy a promising player there. We could buy a established left wing back.

Kostur

海尔的老板
About the time we add Jamie Cuntson to the black list then, he's talking so much shit he can't even get fecking bench right.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
People disparage Young - sometimes fairly - but he has always been good at putting a shift with us. He's not going to be an amazing defender, but he has great fitness, is rapid and might suit the wing back role better than we've seen him as a pure winger. It's also a friendly, and Van Gaal is giving him a chance. Personally I'd rather see that than him shipped out immediately.

Valencia will have an excellent season.

OldTrevil

I like unfit players being left out. The business of playing professional footballers to fitness boggles my mind. If you can't get/keep yourself fit with world class facilities then you don't want to play.

Adcuth

sure, I found it a bit strange myself, but lets say you have been doing heavy cardio the last couple of days, it takes some time before the body adapts too it.
Good point, perhaps this game is being missed to really blast the cardio then he'll be brought back for the next game

Infra-red

The state of those wingbacks, deary me. Could really do with 2 or possibly even 3 new defenders.

Tutankhamun

Unsure what time kickoff is but MUTVs coverage starts in 17 minutes (00:00 BST). So soon thereafter.

Status
Not open for further replies.