Manchester United vs Inter Milan (Pre-season Friendly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibi Dreams

Most excited to see Fletcher and Herrera in midfield again, Herrera didn't quite work as well without Fletcher a bit behind him

nemanja15

CONFIRMED MUFC XI:

Lindegaard

Smalling
Jones
Evans

Valencia
Fletcher
Herrera
Young

Mata

Rooney
Welbeck

SUBS: de Gea, Amos, Johnstone, Shaw, M Keane, Blackett, James, Cleverley, Nani, Zaha, Kagawa, Lingard, Hernandez, W Keane.

Lane

Why LVG trying to fit Young into wing back role? I think it's just better to sell players that are surplus to requirements. Esp if there is no place for them really.

Sparky Rhiwabon

MUFC: Lindegaard; Smalling, Jones, Evans; Valencia, Fletcher, Herrera, Young; Mata; Rooney, Welbeck.

Rezyuz

Im actually quite disappointed in the line up and the way things are going, its a personal issue i guess.

But the fact that LVG keeps playing Young and Valencia just reminds me that theres no way hes going to sell them and hes going to let them have 1000 more chances to prove themselves over our top talents again.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Luke "Fatty" Shaw in the gym then?

How is he "not fit"? I don't get that. He wasn't exactly overworked in the World Cup.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Smalling at RB, Young, Welbeck.

:(

RonaldoVII

Im actually quite disappointed in the line up and the way things are going, its a personal issue i guess.

But the fact that LVG keeps playing Young and Valencia just reminds me that theres no way hes going to sell them and hes going to let them have 1000 more chances to prove themselves over our top talents again.
Not really much option as wingbacks when the other choices are Rafael (injured) and Shaw (not fit).

Romez

Disappointed Kagawa isn't given a shot in a role further forward, no doubt he'll come on in the second half in CM.

ryan cook

wanted to see james there again. who will be substituted in at half time between shaw and reece? Im hoping james does

Ibi Dreams

Young starting over Shaw eh... I'm guessing this is LVG finding out if he needs to buy another LWB or not
Could see it potentially becoming 4 at the back with Evans at left back and Young ahead of him,
Smalling at RB, Young, Welbeck.

:(
It will most likely be Smalling as one of three centrebacks with Young as a wingback

Macern

Pee pee pants

Who should play instead? Shaw will probably play the second half and Valencia/Young are the only two that can play RWB now that Rafael is out.

Minkaro

Van Gaal said that Zaha will come on as a striker for the second half, didn't he? Be interesting to see what sort of combination that's in, whether he's partnered with Rooney or Welbeck.

Can't see Zaha and Hernandez playing up front together somehow.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I was hoping we'd see James start. Got everyone right except Valencia and Lindegaard. I think I may have got 1 of the CB's wrong too, think I put Keane in.

Sam

When you realise that, Lindeegard apart, that team could quite conceivably start a good few PL games next season.

Rudi j

When you realise that, Lindeegard apart, that team could quite conceivably start a good few PL games next season.
Honestly against most pl sides that team would not fill me with the greatest confidence, in its current state at least.

massi83

Why LVG trying to fit Young into wing back role? I think it's just better to sell players that are surplus to requirements. Esp if there is no place for them really.
Because we don't have enough wing-backs for this new system. Worth a try, though I don't think he has the defensive understanding that is needed there. And with Shaw on his conditioning stint, we would only have James to play there during the tour.

KingCantona87

This is the first pre-season friendly I am able to watch and I am very excited about it. Only saw the goals and highlights from the other matches.

Sam

Honestly against most pl sides that team would not fill me with the greatest confidence, in its current state at least.
Exactly. We're in a far bigger mess then I think many realise. Thankfully it seems Van Gaal does.

Mustafa

hes been put on a special fitness program, may have something to do with that
Yeah but surely playing 45 minutes in a friendly aids his fitness. A half-fit Shaw wouldn't be too big a risk especially in a preseason game.

Status
Not open for further replies.