Manchester United vs Inter Milan (Sat 20th July, 12:30 UK time)

AshRK

Really looking forward to this. I've never been overly fussed about pre season but this year I'm really up for it. It's great seeing the guys who don't normally play in the senior team, it gives me the feeling that the future is bright and we have something to look forward to.
Exactly. I am liking what I have seen so far. It is also encouraging to hear from Ole that most of these young players will get the chance when the season starts. Hopefully the winning streak continues and we see some good play.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
We have a very interesting ‘nearly’ relationship with Inter in the transfer market in recent years.

We were heavily interested in Perisic of course, while they have been strongly linked to Lukaku, Darmian and Martial in recent seasons. None of these moves actually happen though.

Going back a little, there was obviously the Sneijder circus, and the one player who actually made the move in Vidic leaving us for them. Under Fergie there were a few deals both ways but nothing out of the ordinary. Tomorrow’s game could involve several players on each side that both clubs have been known to have made a move for.

patty123

, and the one player who actually made the move in Vidic leaving us for them. Under Fergie there were a few deals both ways but nothing out of the ordinary.
So you don't think the way SAF got shot of Ince to them after agreeing the price before even telling the guy for a fee, which was one of the biggest in English football at the time, was anything out of the "ordinary" ? Remember yes he had an ego, but Ince was a fan favourite back then.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
It's interesting that the tickets for United v Inter were sold out months ago. Within a couple of days if I am not mistaken -- that's for a 55,000 seating capacity.

But the tickets for Spurs v Juve are still 'selling out fast' as of today despite expecting Ronaldo making his appearance for the match.

Only shows that the club > any superstar player.
:drool:

USREDEVIL

First game this season that i get to watch as it will be televised here in the States. ESPN2
Excited to see James, AWB, Gomes, Greenwood, and Chong.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
So you don't think the way SAF got shot of Ince to them after agreeing the price before even telling the guy for a fee, which was one of the biggest in English football at the time, was anything out of the "ordinary" ? Remember yes he had an ego, but Ince was a fan favourite back then.
One deal is not out of the ordinary I mean.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
It's interesting that the tickets for United v Inter were sold out months ago. Within a couple of days if I am not mistaken -- that's for a 55,000 seating capacity.

But the tickets for Spurs v Juve are still 'selling out fast' as of today despite expecting Ronaldo making his appearance for the match.

Only shows that the club > any superstar player.
That's all well and good but for how long can we live off past glory and reputation?

kirk buttercup

Venue: National Stadium, Kallang, Singapore
Tournament: International Champions Cup
Kick off time: 19:30 local, 12:30 UK
Channel: MUTV

United squad:

Goalkeepers: David De Gea, Lee Grant, Joel Pereira, Sergio Romero, Dean Henderson

Defenders: Diogo Dalot, Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Eric Bailly, Phil Jones, Victor Lindelof, Marcos Rojo, Chris Smalling, Axel Tuanzebe, Luke Shaw, Ashley Young, Matteo Darmian

Midfielders: Tahith Chong, James Garner, Angel Gomes, Daniel James, Jesse Lingard, Nemanja Matic, Juan Mata, Scott McTominay, Andreas Pereira, Paul Pogba, Fred

Forwards: Mason Greenwood, Romelu Lukaku, Anthony Martial, Marcus Rashford
heres the info Mr. Pigeon

WillUnited16

Wouldn't be surprised to see pretty much our strongest team tomorrow.

De Gea
AWB
Tuanzebe
Lindelof
Shaw
McTerminator
Pogba
Greenwood/James
Gomes/Mata
Martial
Rashford

3-1 United.
That's my ideal lineup right there. Might switch De Gea out for Romero at 60 since Ole said that he's not entirely back in fitness yet, and let Dalot on the pitch for a few minutes in place of Shaw.
Doubt this will truly be our lineup though as Ole will probably want Fred and Lingard to get some minutes in. Expecting this against Chelsea though!

Raven

That's my ideal lineup right there. Might switch De Gea out for Romero at 60 since Ole said that he's not entirely back in fitness yet, and let Dalot on the pitch for a few minutes in place of Shaw.
Doubt this will truly be our lineup though as Ole will probably want Fred and Lingard to get some minutes in. Expecting this against Chelsea though!
Fred surely won't come straight in, off the bench probably. As for Lingard, he's should be getting any minutes he gets, off the bench until he manages to do anything positive, at all.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
That's all well and good but for how long can we live off past glory and reputation?
No doubt. But I think we underestimate the tenacity of United fans abroad. We most fans want to see is exciting football. If we have the (3-5) Spurs v United matches more often I can see us retaining if not expanding or global fan base, even without a manager with blinding white teeth.

WillUnited16

Fred surely won't come straight in, off the bench probably. As for Lingard, he's should be getting any minutes he gets, off the bench until he manages to do anything positive, at all.
I agree that he should be off the bench- but he probably will since he's had a good shot at a starting position for some time and it's only a pre season game.

Kevin_

I’m sure in some games over the season, Ole will change it up to back a 3 for tricky games.

I’d like us to put it into as practice so we can be a bit more diverse as when we experimented it against PSG we were awful in the opening mins.

DDG

Dalot
AWB
Tuanzebe
Lindeloff
Shaw

McTominay
Pogba
Fred

Rashford
Greenwood

Reactions: Penna

klayton88

Wasn't sure where to put this but figured you may want to watch it. Access all areas from the Leeds game. I enjoy stuff like this. F1 has some great behind the scenes stuff the casual fan doesn't get to see and it helps you appreciate the tiny details that go in to match days.

Notice the girl at 11:11 who desperately wanted one of Juans hugs :lol:

Last edited:

Adamsk7

I’d quite like to see a diamond formation of -

DDG

AWB Lindelof Tuanzebe Shaw

Fred
McTominay Pogba
Gomes

Rashford Martial

Then a 4-3-3 in the second half with James in the front three.

musterd

Anybody going to this knows what time the players will come out for warmups? The ticket says gate opens at 6 presumably to avoid congestion.

haram

Team that starts will probably be close to our starting eleven against Chelsea? How many pre season games do we have left?

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
You'd think Garner has to get 45 mins at some point. Come on twice half way into the second half, would like to see more of him where he can settle into a game.

That being said, with Fred now also joining up he's got even more competition for minutes.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Looks like another year of pogba/Matic midfield then :nono: