Manchester United vs Inter Milan (Sat 20th July, 12:30 UK time)

Nick7

Judging talent based on a pre season friendly isn't the best option to be fair. Not easy to play when the teams are constantly changing with lots of subs and fresh legs.
While that's true, he's struggling with the basics defensively and looks terrible on the ball. Even in pre season defenders should be able to defend.

redshaw

Where are all these red cafe scouts who claim that Skirir or whatever feck ya call him is some kind of top level defender. He’s getting torn to shreds by our academy kids. :lol:
Think he's called Skinnediar

HJ12

That's why we need to keep someone like Rojo. He would have taken that bloke apart by now.
Dont agree much with the keeping Rojo but completely agree with your reason. Hate the fact that we don't have enough bastards in the team that stand up to oposition bullies.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
It isn't. I've been banging on about it for a while. How we played in Ole's first 10 games was indicative of how we wants us to play, but we didn't have the fitness or coaching to sustain it. He wants energy, movement and pace. The doomsayer's couldn't wait to shit on him though.
There is certainly a chance with a full preseason he gets what he is after...it was crisis management last season.

I'm not sure it's going to be the drastic change some hope, but as long as we move in the right direction.

MetoTTT

I still wonder if DDG has some kind of bonus in his contract to never leave his line.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I know we’re likening MG to RVP but he also reminds me of Salah in some of his movement.

I have no doubt very soon he’ll just be Mason Greenwood out on his own

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Good performance even if we didn't put a lot of our chances away. We were comfortably the better team in both halves

Fully Fledged

We destroyed them 1-0. As much as you can destroy an opponent by 1 goal. That was men against boys and the boys in the second half were different gravy.

I'm prepared to give these boys time to develop into men.

BristolRuss

Good performance from us, glad we managed to get the win. Greenwood should start as our right winger for the new season.

GazTheLegend

Extremely enjoyable game, surprised me.

Mason Greenwood really is a talent, isn't he? It's early doors but wow, everything he does seems so much in advance of anyone else... people will say "we did all this with James Wilson" etc but Wilson never looked half as good as this in senior matches.

Tuanzebe good as well, Chong (hope he's not out for any length of time) rinsed Skriniar... it's promising stuff. We swarmed all over Inter at times.

Shark

@NotShark
Excellent showing, definitely growing more confident coming up to the season. We need more players though clearly.

SNes

Makes sense. Mata will play a lot of first team games this season. He needs to be match fit ASAP. Gomes will be lucky to make a 3-4 appearances.
We'll not get top 4 if Mata plays he's been finished for years