Manchester United vs Inter Milan (Sat 20th July, 12:30 UK time)

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
Bassaka - class
Lindelof - class
Shaw - strong and steady but doesn't contribute enough upfield
Matic - out a shift in. Does he contribute enough?
Pogba - class
Rashford - Ronaldo esque frustrating match
James - looked a little bit off on that right side.
Martial - meh

Dinghy

What a change from last year when Mourinho was whining about having to play the kids.

Dazzmondo

Pogba has looked so good in pre-season. Reminds just how important he will be for us this season

King_Cantona07

Greenwood is closest to RVP I have seen. And Chong, he made Skriniar look like Ashley young. Youngsters are ready for first team this batch. Also Tuanzebe did better than most of our first team defenders.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
No. I agree back him but let him know that his development is more important than instant gratification.
If he continues his performances and Mata does his in preseason. If Mata gets in the team ahead of him it would be a travesty. We saw the same with Pogba before its not like we have top players in his position keeping him out of the side

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What a change from last year when Mourinho was whining about having to play the kids.
This is what excites me.

The virus has gone and I feel like we’ve been reborn. It’s baby steps but what we’ve seen so far reminds me of the First year of Liverpool under klopp.

We won’t win every match but if we give everybody a tough game and they fear the playing us, that’s a great start.

We’ve got some fantastic talent in Chong Greenwood and Gomes so I hope we can get them bedded in and really get at teams.

Nick7

He played the full 90minutes in a completely changed team in an extremely hot environment. Being put up against two fresh teenagers who've just come off the bench. I'd question the Inter RB for disappearing.

I'd say the fact we made Inter look pretty ordinary in the first half was a good sign of our tactics and strategy. Hard to really evaluate anything past that with the dozen changes as the match rhythm gets fecked to pieces.

Not to mention that Inter are one match behind in their pre season preparations. It does have an impact as it's all about building up fitness again. It's why judging players based on pre season games is pretty dumb, a week ago Chong was regarded as over hyped by many on the Caf and here he is putting in a great 2nd half performance and suddenly he's a prospect again. :lol:
I think he was just as shite in the first half. Our defenders were far more comfortable than either of theirs. I think De Vrij was a lot better for them. He seem to be trying to hold that defence together while Skriniar and the full backs went walk abouts.

But for a supposed "best in the world" you'd expect him to do, well, something good defensively even in pre season. He doesn't look like a player we should be signing. Honestly, he looked like an even more rash Phil Jones.

People saying that about Chong were stupid, to be fair.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
First Half: United seems to have finally looked to have the purchased a right-back needed for a few years. Early signs are that the club has secured a real gem. Brilliant recovery speed and likes a tackle. Pogba again looked, class.

Second Half: Chong and Greenwood were phenomenal. United need to sign these young lads up to long contracts. I understand it's a friendly but technically they definitely look ready for the first team.

Utdfanabroad

Thoroughly enjoyable game against decent opposition (supposedly). More great performances from the academy, it's a shame Gomes didn't come on until late though. Hopefully he'll get more game time against Spurs.

3 out of 3 with no goals conceded, let's keep it going!

MisterLupus

That was a good match. Better combinations up front and a bit more luck hitting the net we'd won that 2-0 maybe even 3-0. We produced enough clear-cut chances for that - and also missed out on a few openings due to our attackers not being observant enough to find their teammates (who were better positioned). From the back to the final third we were dominant - off the ball everyone did their job well - we just need to tweak that finishing touch - implement some teamwork into our attackers - and this side looks solid.

Fully Fledged

If he continues his performances and Mata does his in preseason. If Mata gets in the team ahead of him it would be a travesty. We saw the same with Pogba before its not like we have top players in his position keeping him out of the side
I won't disagree with you. He is quality. It's not about who we have that is better than him but more about what type of trajectory is best for his development. The only reason that I would play Mata ahead of him is if playing him this match would hamper his development.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
3 clean sheets as well which is also worth noting. These academy lads are going to get plenty of game time with the europa league and cups. Hell I can see some maybe become starters.

Irrational.

Bruno will give us the end-product we lack. If we can get his signing over the line as well as a CB I think we’ll be a force to be reckoned with this season.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I think he was just as shite in the first half. Our defenders were far more comfortable than either of theirs. I think De Vrij was a lot better for them. He seem to be trying to hold that defence together while Skriniar and the full backs went walk abouts.

But for a supposed "best in the world" you'd expect him to do, well, something good defensively even in pre season. He doesn't look like a player we should be signing. Honestly, he looked like an even more rash Phil Jones.

People saying that about Chong were stupid, to be fair.
Yeah but our defenders weren't being pressed so it's no real shock they were comfortable. Inters defense was under constant pressure and mistakes were being forced all across the pitch. That was our strategy and it worked brilliantly. Encouraging performance against decent opposition.

Given the amount of money Inter have spent in the past they do have a fairly weak first eleven though.

Bobski

How good is Serie A?

Juventus were barely better than us.. and we were terrible..
Napoli, the second best side there, got spanked by Arsenal.

Inter cant get out of their half against our kids.

Tier 2 league.
Which should make us wary of dropping huge money on players from that league. Koulibaly, Milenkovic-Savic et al , Skriniar did not look a top class defender today. Only pre season of course but it is a one team league.

Zlatans Knee

Clearly we need a CB and a 6. That two should be the priority for the rest of the window.
What did Tuanzebe or Lindelöf do wrong in this match to say that clearly we need a CB? Also, McTominay when he came on looked just fine to me. He could definitely play as a 6.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Chong showed perfectly how to open up a 343 - get wide, beat your man, whip in good balls. Very pleased for him today. Shame we couldn't squeeze Gomes in somehow, really not sure why Mata is still with us but he did ok.

Wan Bissaka is my favourite United player. Awesome. And Martial has definitely upped his workrate, did quite well. Just not sure his movement in the box is ever going to be natural but hey, he offered a threat anyway and pressed well for once. James did quite well too but he's very much the opposite of Martial - can dribble into space but can't stand his man up, not a great finisher but a decent crosser, unbelievable workrate and stamina, very good movement and keeps possession well. Only similarity is neither of them look very comfortable with orthodox wing play like Chong did.

And Greenwood. Natural. I feel like I'm definitely getting carried away here but I'd start him on the right against Chelsea.

Tony247

Greenwood should start each game. He plays like natural striker in the box which we are lacking ever since RVP left.

Tony247

Mata is a lost hope. Should never play for club like Man Utd with this form

And sadly I am starting losing faith in Rashford and Martial. Somehow their movement, decisions don't look like born striker's. May be both think too much or we are realizing they are overrated. Either way both need to sort themselves out fast.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
What a difference from last seasons pre-season games. I still insist Mourinho should have been sacked prior to season start for his constant moaning and criticising the kids, and club.