Manchester United vs Inter Milan (Sat 20th July, 12:30 UK time)

DoomSlayer

Feck Inter, shit team, shit manager, shithouse players. Let's go United, good game from us! Greenwood is the future.

prateik

How good is Serie A?

Juventus were barely better than us.. and we were terrible..
Napoli, the second best side there, got spanked by Arsenal.

Inter cant get out of their half against our kids.

Tier 2 league.

el3mel

Feck off Inter. What a cnutish team. Resorted to kicking our young boys because those young kids were toying with them. Conte hasn't changed at all.

Great second half though. Enjoyed every second of it. Could have easily ended 5-0.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
There is certainly a chance with a full preseason he gets what he is after...it was crisis management last season.

I'm not sure it's going to be the drastic change some hope, but as long as we move in the right direction.
We aren't challenging for the league, but we will be playing the kind of football even the most ardent moaners will struggle to cry over.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
That was really good to watch. Even if we win feck all at least it's going to fun again.

Morpheus 7

Really enjoyable, things to be optimistic for the new season. Such a contrast from last year as far as pre season. Still much work to do in this transfer window. Inter are a bunch of bstards, dirty ones at that.

Big Andy

Bloke
How good is Serie A?

Tier 2 league.
Terrible? Seriously?

Pressed well, exciting in attack, good movement. I thought we played excellently there, for a friendly...

Some people have to moan about everything it seems...

settembrini

First XI: Fine. Front three struggled due to everyone being out of position.
Second XI: Completely dominated them!

vanderpants

I know its only pre season but the youngsters mixed with the experienced players do look very promising, Greenwood in particular looks quality.
A special mention to AWB , this guy will be a special player for us

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
While that's true, he's struggling with the basics defensively and looks terrible on the ball. Even in pre season defenders should be able to defend.
He played the full 90minutes in a completely changed team in an extremely hot environment. Being put up against two fresh teenagers who've just come off the bench. I'd question the Inter RB for disappearing.

I'd say the fact we made Inter look pretty ordinary in the first half was a good sign of our tactics and strategy. Hard to really evaluate anything past that with the dozen changes as the match rhythm gets fecked to pieces.

Not to mention that Inter are one match behind in their pre season preparations. It does have an impact as it's all about building up fitness again. It's why judging players based on pre season games is pretty dumb, a week ago Chong was regarded as over hyped by many on the Caf and here he is putting in a great 2nd half performance and suddenly he's a prospect again. :lol:

ChaddyP

That was an absolutely shambolic display from Inter. Two footed tackles flying in and Ankle breaking tackles all round just for a fecking friendly. We totally outclassed them and they just resorted to breaking legs. If not for their keeper that would have been a whalloping.

cnuts

Irrational.

How good is Serie A?

Tier 2 league.
It's a super duper league, 'cos De Ligt chose them apparently.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
How good is Serie A?

Tier 2 league.
It's a friendly and they are behind in the preseason.

This Inter looked like ManUtd under Jose. Looked clueless and tbf to them, they are playing completely new system and this is just their second game.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Judging talent based on a pre season friendly isn't the best option to be fair. Not easy to play when the teams are constantly changing with lots of subs and fresh legs.
I can only judge by this game.

TrueRed79

I'm not one for hype, trust me, but Greenwood will win the Ballon D'or sometime in his career.

Infestissumam

someone should have told Inter that it's only a friendly. Some pathetic tackles in there ... I get that it isn't fun when a teenager like Chong embarrasses you multiple times, but still. They should be ashamed of themselves. Cnuts.

Pavl3n

Terrible? Seriously?

Pressed well, exciting in attack, good movement. I thought we played excellently there, for a friendly...

Some people have to moan about everything it seems...
:lol::houllier:
Seriously, read the post.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Let's ease these kids into the team. I'm sure that Ole is impressed by him but kids need to be brought through slowly.
He has one year left on his contract for a reason. We need to back him now or he’ll be off

gearoid

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Only pre-season but I enjoyed that game. AWB very impressive and I like the look of Greenwood although we should have had a few more goals.

Andersons Dietician

No matter the standard of the opposition that was impressive. It was more the things we did. The pressing in that type of conditions was really good. Combinations still need to get better when attacking and the rotation needs to be better in realising where a person needs to be if there is space.

Dalbert will probably be having nightmares about Gandolf Bissaka for weeks after that performance.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
We'll not get top 4 if Mata plays he's been finished for years
He’s not going to be playing every game but he’s going to get a hell of a lot more game time than Gomes.