Manchester United vs Kristiansund BK (Tue 30th July, 18:00 UK time)

klayton88

@11:40 look how far up Gomes has to look :lol:

Last edited:

lysglimt

Scout
You can say a lot about Claus but he ain’t despicable. Sure he has hurt a lot of people close to him, but he is an addict with mental issues. People I have talked to that have interacted with him don’t have many bad words about him.
He is an addict who drove a car drunk at 170 km/h - I don't know about you, but in my world that is a despicable person!

mango_goal

March 6the and the return match between Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester United in the Champions League.
Four minutes into overtime, Manchester United received a penalty. Marcus Rashford safely hits the ball and passes United to the quarter-finals on the away goal with 3-3 combined after an incredible turnaround.

The incredible mars night put Kristiansund general manager Kjetil Thorsen home and cheered. For over 40 years he has been a friend of Solskjær.
When Thorsen was keeper of the Clausenengens boys team in a Gothenburg Cup in 1979, 6 year old Solskjær became the mascot for the team. Later they also played together for the A-team for Clausenengen.

Now he saw the city's big football heroes sending shock waves through Football Europe.

The next day, the conversation around the breakfast table was between Thorsen and his wife Kari, as the CEO has described on the club's website.
- Well well. Ole Gunnar must get the job permanently in Manchester, I said, wondering if Kristiansund would ever play against Manchester United.
- Send him (Ole Gunnar) a text message. The worst thing that can happen is that he says no, Kari replied.
Only a few seconds later, the answer came from Solskjær: Thumbs up, the message showed.
A few weeks later, Solskjær called his good friend and told him he could take the team to Oslo.

https://www.nettavisen.no/sport/en-...kk-manchester-united-til-oslo/3423821328.html

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
TRAVELLING SQUAD

David De Gea, Lee Grant, Joel Pereira, Sergio Romero; Diogo Dalot, Phil Jones, Victor Lindelof, Marcos Rojo, Luke Shaw, Chris Smalling, Axel Tuanzebe, Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Ashley Young; Fred, Angel Gomes, Daniel James, Jesse Lingard, Juan Mata, Nemanja Matic, Scott McTominay, Andreas Pereira, Paul Pogba; Tahith Chong, Mason Greenwood, Anthony Martial, Marcus Rashford.

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/man-utd-travelling-squad-for-oslo-v-kristiansund

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
Solskjaer hasn't earned the right as a manager to drag United to Norway for a vanity friendly.

Should have played against a decent side in England instead.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
What's the point of taking a 26 man squad to a different country for 90 minutes of football? Could have slimmed it down to 20 men and saved a few thousand quids in the process.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Solskjaer hasn't earned the right as a manager to drag United to Norway for a vanity friendly.

Should have played against a decent side in England instead.
You need to get yourself a Norwegian/Danish keyboard so you can write 'Solskjær'.

DoomSlayer

They just spent a month together in the far east. If that doesn't build team unity nothing will. Take a 20 man squad and prepare as if it's a European midweek fixture.
It's more of a motivation tactic, in my opinion.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Why have they taken four goalkeepers for this game? Surely two could have stayed behind.
It shouldn't really matter. It's just a team building exercise and maybe they will train together before the game too.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Pointless game. We should be playing a good team as a final warmup.

Nr.7

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but looking at the team I wondered,

What happened to Demi Mitchell and Fosu-Mensah?

Bestietom

I think that Gomes and Greenwood will prove good additions to the squad this season. Both can win a game for us. Not too sure Garner and Chong are ready yet.

Alemar

I think that Gomes and Greenwood will prove good additions to the squad this season. Both can win a game for us. Not too sure Garner and Chong are ready yet.
Chong is apparently a tier or two below ability-wise, and being also older I wouldn’t bet on him reaching many heights. Garner we simply haven’t seen in senior squad games (2 min long substitute appearance last season doesn’t count)

TinyClanger

Supports
Kristiansund BK
The tickets are expensive, aye. I certainly couldn't afford one, but they've nearly sold out. Ullevaal Stadion is the largest stadium in the country, and according to the Norwegian News Agency five hours ago there were fewer than 700 tickets left.

2 years ago United beat Vålerenga 0-3 in a friendly at Ullevaal. I expect United will annihilate Kristiansund, but I'm still terribly excited about the match and cautiously optimistic that we'll put up a good fight.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
This trip seems like a nice team building and chilled friendly, after some reportedly grueling pre-season training. I'm not sure why people are getting so cranky about it.