Manchester United vs Kristiansund BK (Tue 30th July, 18:00 UK time)

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Every cloud has a silver lining. No Smalling, Mata or Young in the starting lineup though Matic and Lingard will need to step up.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
What's the point of taking a 26 man squad to a different country for 90 minutes of football? Could have slimmed it down to 20 men and saved a few thousand quids in the process.
Whats the point in playing Spurs in Asia?

MONEY

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Does anyone know if this will be broadcasted in Spain or is it just MUTV universally?

Edit: and if so what channel would it be on? Sorry appreciate it’s a slightly niche question

ElectroManiac

The pre match show is live free on Manchester United Youtube channel right now. Not sure if the game will be free to though

Last edited:

Havak

Pokemon master
I thought this game would be more miss-match but it looks very much like first dress rehearsal for Chelsea. I wouldn't be surprised if that is our line-up for match day one - although my expectation was Smalling over Jones.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
I thought this game would be more miss-match but it looks very much like first dress rehearsal for Chelsea. I wouldn't be surprised if that is our line-up for match day one - although my expectation was Smalling over Jones.
Nah I think if we get McGuire he'll swap in with Jones and if we get Dybala, he'll take Lingard's role. If Pogba stays, I imagine he'd replace McTominay. Other than that, I think it's the Chelsea lineup.

Yes, I know it's Maguire.

Havak

Pokemon master
Nah I think if we get McGuire he'll swap in with Jones and if we get Dybala, he'll take Lingard's role. If Pogba stays, I imagine he'd replace McTominay. Other than that, I think it's the Chelsea lineup.

Yes, I know it's Maguire.
McGuire :lol:

It depends when we sign the players IMO. I think Ole would want to get them involved in at least one pre-season game and have a weeks training before starting them in a game, especially against a top 6 rival even if it's the first game of the season.

Gordon S

You wouldn't expect Pogba starting?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Matic and Lingard aside, the team's fine. Just as long as we get to see the youth at some point and maintain the style we've been showing all tour.

RedNed77

Your age is a slight worry.
She'll bring you cakes and stuff like all old women do, it'll be a good thing. Plus I imagine she'll be quite slow, so easy to get away from if necessary.

Matson

Its looking like the match is going to be free on the MUTV youtube channel.. unless it cuts off any minute now.

Dante

Average bang
Any reason given for Pogba not starting?

EDIT: Nevermind, just heard its about giving others minutes, and that he will come on later.
Yeah. He's played more than anyone in preseason. He doesn't need many more minutes to be ready for Chelsea. Others do.

Other than Pogba for Matic, I think this will be our starting XI in matchweek one.

I also expect it'll be Rashford left and Martial up top when we're defending. The later shows good movement through the middle in his previous outing, but relatively little when out wide.