Kick-off
Sun, 14 December 2014 @ 1:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Live Updates 63 Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

allen!7

If Wilson starts over Falcao, it'd be on merit. He's been poor when brought on in all honesty. So far from the player of a couple of years ago right now.
    This is just a banter right?

CallMeV

--------------------De Gea---------------------

------Evans--------Carrick-------Rojo---------

Valencia-----------Fellaini--------------Young

-------Mata--------Herrera---------Rooney---

----------------------RvP-----------------------

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
    Balotelli will play and score.
    Would love Falcao to score the winner :drool:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
    If Wilson starts over Falcao, it'd be on merit. He's been poor when brought on in all honesty. So far from the player of a couple of years ago right now.
    He is just recovering from a serious knee injury. He needs minutes. He's nt going to improve on the bench.

He Comes From Serbia

Windhelm, contacting the dark brotherhood
    Wilson starting would make sense, his pace frightening a weak defence, his selfish shots troubling a weak goalkeeper. Rooney and RVP would probably get the most attention so would leave him with more space to play in than a struggling Falcao. Also scoring against Liverpool would mean insta-love from the Old Trafford crowd and be a great confidence booster no doubt in front of an onlooking Roy Hodgson. Sub him for Falcao late on, let him also get a goal and help his confidence.

Looking forward to the game, but gutted about Di Maria not being involved, these are the games which make a recent signing, a Manchester United player. This is when the nagging doubts about this (truly wonderful) player start setting in. Is he happy here? Has he got a niggling injury which means he'll never get going? If he's out for a few more weeks and we gel as a team, who does he replace and potentially disrupt by doing so?

Massive game, not just because of the rivalry. In some ways, I hope rivalry doesn't get in the way (silly fouls etc), the 3 points is the most important thing here, putting some real distance between us and them, and keeping the winning run up.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
    It's a big game obviously but what also makes it so important is it can be the different between being 4,7 or 10 points clear of them. If we win, given our form and the fact we are developing and injuries, it'd be really important that we would be 10 points clear.

minoo-utd

Any chance to see 4-3-3 ?

----------DDG----------
    Whoever available
    ---------Carrick--------
    -Herrera--Fellaini
    Falcao--Rooney--RVP

sunama

Baghdad Bob
    Anyone worried about a rusty Evans against Sterling? Rojo will have to do double time
    If Evans is poor, LvG will sub him.
    We saw how LvG ruthlessly subbed McNair for making a few early mistakes in the last game.
    Most managers will allow the player to play himself back into the game, but from what we saw last week, LvG is not that sort of manager.
    If you make too many errors, he will sub you off.

Especially for Falcao. Everything totally points to falcao being a woodward signing that lvg didnt want.
    LvG would not have allowed the signing to happen, if he wasn't happy with Falcao.
    He is not the sort of manager who can be bullied.

I realise the frustration. Fans are beginning to think that Falcao is being left out on purpose.
    Falcao's ACL injury is career threatening, so LvG is now bringing him back nice and slowly.
    LvG tried to bring him back in Sept, when Falcao was getting 60 minutes on the pitch. He got injured. He was pictured icing his knee.
    his was then compounded with a new (calf) injury. Add lack of match fitness to this and you understand why LvG won't be starting Falcao any time soon.

My guess is January for Falcao to start. I've been saying this for weeks now, but people keep putting Falcao in their starting line-up, expecting an injured player to stat.

For more information:
    http://www.espnfc.com/manchester-un...-says-radamel-falcao-can-only-play-20-minutes

Last edited:

Raptori

Special needs
    Inevitably I'll regret saying this, but I'd prefer to see him start over any of your other forward options.
    Yeah you probably will :p

Not that I think he'll score, but I think that pace is something we've lacked since Di María has been out - with Wilson in the side it opens a lot more space for players like Rooney, RVP and Mata to play. There's a good chance it'll make us more balanced as an attacking side.

Loublaze

ATLien
    I want us to win by attack and not by beeing unbelievably lucky not to concede and get a goal out a of an opponents mistake
    I also want LVG to abondon this slow possession game. With all the possession we have these days we're still failing to create chances and get the ball to our forwards. I want us to play the United way and attack teams.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    Inevitably I'll regret saying this, but I'd prefer to see him start over any of your other forward options.
    Thing is he'll only be starting ahead of Falcao/Mata, Rooney and Van Persie will still play along with him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    Despite having been shite recently, Mata worries me massively.
    Meh. You can't ever tell which Mata will come out, whether he'll be one taking risks and making things happen or just be invisible and do nothing but little 5 yard passes. For the most part this season he's effectively been a poacher, he has a decent scoring record because of his movement and is a very good finisher, but you can say that about all of our strikers so we don't really lose much when he's out.

Glanville95

I'd go for something like this;

de Gea
    Rafael - Evans - Rojo - Young
    Carrick
    Valencia - Herrera
    Rooney
    van Persie - Falcao

Subs: Lindegaard, Jones, Blackett, Fellaini, Mata, Januzaj, Wilson
    Firstly, the formation. The 3-5-2 is continuously proving to be calamitous and self-inflicting on our defence. Perhaps the players are yet to fully adapt to it, in terms of defending as a cohesive unit, but it will continue to mean we are frail at the back IMO, no matter how persistent van Gaal is with it. The 4-4-2 diamond is the way to go from an offensive perspective and it's no worse defensively than the 3-5-2 anyway.

With the defence, it's probably a risk too start Rafael given his injury record, but I think the pace and dynamism he provides in attack have become even more crucial in di Maria's absence. Valencia has done a solid enough job, but provided nothing in attack against Southampton, so I'd rather see Rafa return permitting he doesn't suffer any recurrence of his previous injury. I don't really rate Evans, but I don't think we should blood all our returnees in this fixture, like Jones, and McNair shouldn't start either. Young has been excellent of late so retains his place.

As for the midfield, it's a question of either Fellaini or Valencia. The former was atrocious against Southampton, yet that game aside, he has been in very good form and is physically imposing which is otherwise non-existent in midfield. I wold opt for Valencia however, as he has a good connection with Rafael on the right and carries the ball well, which should offer us a reprieve at times.

I've always been opposed to the concept of accommodating the three of Rooney, Falcao and van Persie into the starting eleven as it's too top-heavy and I still believe that to be the case, but that is still a far better proposition than Mata starting behind two of the three, as he demonstrated against Southampton. He simply doesn't offer enough from a defensive perspective and when pressurised, is incapable of flitting between the lines and advancing us forward. I think Rooney would do a far greater job in both respects, even if it's not his ideal position either.

SirAF

Ageist
    That's weird, I've got a weird feeling too...that he'll be just as shite as usual and be strolling around the pitch like the game owes him a living. Don't know where that comes from though...
    :lol:

Revaulx

That's weird, I've got a weird feeling too...that he'll be just as shite as usual and be strolling around the pitch like the game owes him a living. Don't know where that comes from though...
    That's not weird; that's just normal.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
    This is what I would go for

De Gea
    Valencia Evans Rojo Young
    Carrick
    Fellaini Herrera
    Rooney
    Falcao van Persie
    Hoping to see Falcao start tomorrow if fit enough of course. Decided to leave Mata out of this since he was pretty much invincible against Southampton last Monday. Fellaini didn't have the best of game either but I like his physical presence in the middle of the park and I think that will help us. Hopefully we don't go with the 3-5-2 and Herrera has to start tomorrow. Anyway 4-0 United easy win.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
    I'd go for something like this;

de Gea
    Rafael - Evans - Rojo - Young
    Carrick
    Valencia - Herrera
    Rooney
    van Persie - Falcao

Subs: Lindegaard, Jones, Blackett, Fellaini, Mata, Januzaj, Wilson

I've always been opposed to the concept of accommodating the three of Rooney, Falcao and van Persie into the starting eleven as it's too top-heavy and I still believe that to be the case, but that is still a far better proposition than Mata starting behind two of the three, as he demonstrated against Southampton. He simply doesn't offer enough from a defensive perspective and when pressurised, is incapable of flitting between the lines and advancing us forward. I think Rooney would do a far greater job in both respects, even if it's not his ideal position either.
    so you'd play Falcao, who hasn't managed to be anywhere near fit in half a season, and who Van Gaal himself has said is only able to play 20mins at the moment, over Mata?
    Interesting.

Glanville95

so you'd play Falcao, who hasn't managed to be anywhere near fit in half a season, and who Van Gaal himself has said is only able to play 20mins at the moment, over Mata?
    Interesting.
    Yes, as Falcao has had late cameos in the Hull and Stoke game and most likely would have come on against Southampton were it not for the circumstances. His fitness surely can't be so lacking at the moment and I would expect him to perform better in a fixture like this than Mata if I'm honest. I don't trust Mata to step up in these types of games and if he is constantly pressed in midfield he will inevitably be a passenger.

An alternative is playing a four man diamond of Carrick, Valencia, Fellaini and Herrera at the tip or Wilson instead of Falcao. I want to see Falcao starting soon though.

Gatti33

Would be happy to see Wilson start ahead of Mata, with Di Maria unavailable we are lacking any sort of pace attacking wise. Having Wilson there would definitely give them something else to think about and make them wary of the counter attack. They have some donkey defenders who will struggle to contain him and I could easily see one getting sent off.

gasmanc

Banned
    If Evans is poor, LvG will sub him.
    We saw how LvG ruthlessly subbed McNair for making a few early mistakes in the last game.
    Most managers will allow the player to play himself back into the game, but from what we saw last week, LvG is not that sort of manager.
    If you make too many errors, he will sub you off.

LvG would not have allowed the signing to happen, if he wasn't happy with Falcao.
    He is not the sort of manager who can be bullied.

I realise the frustration. Fans are beginning to think that Falcao is being left out on purpose.
    Falcao's ACL injury is career threatening, so LvG is now bringing him back nice and slowly.
    LvG tried to bring him back in Sept, when Falcao was getting 60 minutes on the pitch. He got injured. He was pictured icing his knee.
    his was then compounded with a new (calf) injury. Add lack of match fitness to this and you understand why LvG won't be starting Falcao any time soon.

My guess is January for Falcao to start. I've been saying this for weeks now, but people keep putting Falcao in their starting line-up, expecting an injured player to stat.

For more information:
    http://www.espnfc.com/manchester-un...-says-radamel-falcao-can-only-play-20-minutes
    We went through all this with the returning Vidic, we brought him back to early as we were in defensive crisis, he collapsed and his return was delayed. Eventually with time he returned to full fitness, ACL used to be a career ender but with the latest surgery techniques most sportsmen make a full recovery.
    Your compensating for the injured tissue with other muscle areas and it's extremely common to pick up niggles and knocks that can seem totally unrelated.
    January would be excellent of course but we might see this taking into next season before we see what our money's been spent on.

I've still got him down for winning us the game though :D

Ole Gunner Scholes

Despite having been shite recently, Mata worries me massively.
    Barney your Charlatan manager's recent comments have really messed ur head pretty bad, the way u declare almost every single United player shite without even thinking twice or applying any kind of logic, points to something really wrong with your head. It's evident you can't differentiate chalk from cheese, because if you really want to smell a stinking pile of poo, Liverpool lineup is full of turds and that includes Rahim "tired & diver" sterling. ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

David de Gea image David de Gea 92% of 1132 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 823 ratings.

Score Predictions