Manchester United vs Liverpool | Match postponed

Status
Not open for further replies.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
No covid breach it seems.

Tannoy at OT just announced that operations were returning to normal.

pauldyson1uk

It's one game.

We're fighting for the future of our club.
what by breaking and entering , trespassing, criminal damage , assault on Police, throwing flares around, you think this is right ??
I totally agree with the protest outside, but not with what else has happened, the Glaziers wont care , they wont care if we have point deducted.
This wont send a message to anybody , other than some United fans have crossed a line.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I didn't. You are contradicting Fauci and WHO advice on the basis of your "hundreds of anecdotal evidence". I am advocating for listening to the experts who have advised against this kind of behavior.

And now you're backtracking shifting the goal posts of the argument.
Ah, you just misunderstood. Your first response was anecdotal: the India reference. My point was if you want anecdotes, you can look at India just a few months before where mass protests didn’t lead to superspreader events, or the more notable US protests.

I wasn’t suggesting using anecdotal evidence was a good idea. You should look at the studies into superspreader events. The vast majority of them are not remotely similar to this. They have a lot of people, sure, but almost everything else about the context is different.

You’re attributing your belief to Fauci. He hasn’t said conditions like this are likely super spreader events. He assessed the evidence from last year and came to a much tamer assessment. Like going to the restaurant, it is a risk factor. All contact is. Elevating this above that no longer fits the evidence.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Ah, I'm just catching up on this after being out this afternoon. I hope there are no serious injuries; as well as the obvious welfare of the officers doing their jobs causing physical harm to people does the cause no good.

tombombadil

It depends. Was the racist assault of a black man worth it? For some people their football club is everything. I'm wary of big gatherings right now. But in a sense that's a convenient excuse to silence the common man. Ideally social distancing should obviously be followed.
Oh for sure. There is that concern. If anything, I only hope we all get vaccinated asap and life can go on. Protest all you want then. Now, when we are almost at the end of the tunnel, let's not get complacent. Just a few more months, if anything.

Personally, I think it makes more sense to protest for gov legislation on 50+1 than this. This stopping matches protest instead becomes a war of attrition and I have doubts enough fans have more longevity than the Glazers. And there may not even be a club left at the end of it.

Last edited:

United Hobbit

I wonder if half the reason for them taking so long to decide if we play or not is because of who we are playing, increasing the potential for violence to develop rather than if it were say West Brom...

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Came in here genuinely wondering if the same dozen or so posters would be bitching and moaning about our first half, blissfully unaware that the game hadn’t started yet.

Flying high

what by breaking and entering , trespassing, criminal damage , assault on Police, throwing flares around, you think this is right ??
I totally agree with the protest outside, but not with what else has happened, the Glaziers wont care , they wont care if we have point deducted.
This wont send a message to anybody , other than some United fans have crossed a line.
Breaking and entering? What was broken to gain entry? As I understand it the gates were open.
Trespassing... meh. In the circumstance I have no issue with those who were peacefully protesting inside the ground. Throwing bottles at police is really stupid and dangerous and the kid I saw do it should be arrested. I don't support damaging the ground or endangering anybody. But that's what happens when large groups get angry, some people will take it too far in the heat of the moment.
The club should not let such anger build to this level. The owners are responsible just as much as the kid throwing bottles.

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
And erm what have these so called fans achieved in doing to the Glazers? They are still here and will be here after the game. I am all for protests but not like this.
Annoyed? Good. That's what protests should do, jolt the people on the fence to take a position, fall on one side or the other.

El Zoido

Cones on the pitch at OT, would suggest the game is going ahead?

lysglimt

Scout
Well I dont want to hear a single complaint from our fans that our matches are boring!

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Settled down with some beers ready to rock and roll because of bank holiday Monday only to find the afternoon spoiled by a bunch of cnuts.

Oranges038

5 minutes until half time, reckon there'll be a fair bit added on though...

First half performances haven't been great this season. This is the worst first half these have had. Non existant in all areas of the pitch, terrible stuff. Just a good job the Liverpool forwards haven't shown up yet. Could be in real trouble otherwise.

redshaw

Not a shot on target so far.

People got carried away with the Roma match.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
If the match does go ahead today, it is going to be real tough for United – and the odds available on the betting exchanges reflect that. It’s a must win game for a Liverpool side who have had a week off, versus a United side for whom the game is likely fairly inconsequential and who are coming off a big high from the match on Thursday. It’s difficult to fake intensity.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If this still goes ahead, I hope we fecking smash them just to see Souness blow his lid.

Red_toad

Breaking and entering? What was broken to gain entry? As I understand it the gates were open.
Trespassing... meh. In the circumstance I have no issue with those who were peacefully protesting inside the ground. Throwing bottles at police is really stupid and dangerous and the kid I saw do it should be arrested. I don't support damaging the ground or endangering anybody. But that's what happens when large groups get angry, some people will take it too far in the heat of the moment.
The club should not let such anger build to this level. The owners are responsible just as much as the kid throwing bottles.
The owners are the issue, not the stewards or Police. Saying the club caused people to get angry? How so? The owners and Ed are not the club.
Not sure how you can justify a coward throwing bottles over the head of other fans in the direction of the police as being anyone else’s fault other than their own. Just moronic behaviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.