Manchester United vs Liverpool | Match postponed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jev

The people protesting weren’t match going fans. So club isn’t responsible for their actions. Getting games called off shouldn’t be the end game for these protests, as simply hitting the wrong target and will affect the players/ club staff far more than our out of touch owners.
I mean, don't get me wrong, the fans at the ground today were brain-dead, drunken idiots, I'm just interested in the repercussions.

Member 90887

Not if we get a points deduction.
They'd never do that if it puts us out of the CL spots. and i'd argue that even if they do that, the message would be even more powerful and would sends an even bigger message.

I personally don't see any downside to this.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Watch this game be played on the final day of the season with some fans allowed back into the stadium and we have to play behind closed doors.

Cast5

Premier league have fecked it here, they’ve proved that the fans can stop Manchester United from playing. The Glazers can’t keep control of United if we don’t play.

Well done to the protesters, what a statement.

Devil may care

Just watch a movie lads, the fact the actions today got the biggest game in the UK postponed will create world news and we'll play the game tomorrow.

Jev

They'd never do that if it puts us out of the CL spots. and i'd argue that even if they do that, the message would be even more powerful and would sends an even bigger message.

It hurts only the players, coaches and fans (plus a few policemen and civilians). The Glazers don't care about public opinion, that should be obvious by now. Nothing is achieved. I don't see any upside.

kps88

There's no obvious space on the calendar to fit this in. Ole might just accept tomorrow taking into account our lead against Roma. Only other possible slot I could see would be three days after a possible Europa League final, but I'm not sure the PL would allow that or if it would interfere with Euro call up dates.

RUCK4444

People moaning because the game is postponed ffs. Get. A. Grip.

It’s one game of football, the message it sends is much more important.

Watch a re-run of the Roma game and grab a beer.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
There's no obvious space on the calendar to fit this in. Ole might just accept tomorrow taking into account our lead against Roma. Only other possible slot I could see would be three days after a possible Europa League final, but I'm not sure the PL would allow that or if it would interfere with Euro call up dates.
Tomorrow?

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
The ground is clear, the team hotels are clear, why not play it, what has been said to the club , Police to deem it unsafe ?
Covid breaches. I know we all wanna pretend like its not a thing anymore, but yeah. It still is. Hope we dont see any kind of spike in Manchester because of this shit show.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.

Except to the players. And Ole. Who nobody actually gives a feck about on here anymore because this all so much more important than them.

MinGin

Well Done Fecker, let's wait for the point deduction, which we may get out top 4 position and lost the qualify for the CL.
Come on! Protest every games until lost CL qualify every year, until club fall down and until Glazers sold the club. Feck!!
You are protesting against the owner not the Club, why you all affect the club match and maybe get a punishment for the club !? You all should fly to owner house to protest!! Feck !!

Snafu17

Cool, I guess, hopefully this will help in some unspecified way and won't back fire in some sort of point deduction or something similar.

Like I think Glazers are terrible owners as much as the next guy, but even if they sell because a few muppets managed to break a sky sports tripod, I don't think this will suddenly make a buyer with a strong sense of morality appear.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Graeme Souness suggesting a can of open beer thrown at them could have killed one of them. Interesting.

Houdini

It hurts only the players, coaches and fans (plus a few policemen and civilians). The Glazers don't care about public opinion, that should be obvious by now. Nothing is achieved. I don't see any upside.
This. It's naive to think it helps. It's the same logic as to lose a game just get the manager sacked. We could have beat Liverpool today at home. We can drop form till next time. They could have protested outside of stadium. Glazers will blame the Super League, COVID adn the frustration of the people.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It has been an odd day, I wouldn't be surpised if Keane goes and twats him on live tv now.
Honestly, I half expected it when Souness started to imply (again) that the fans are protesting solely because we aren’t successful at football anymore.

Swearing Budgie

I didn't realise cans of beer were so dangerous. I will bear that in mind next time I am deciding whether to drink a beer or throw it at my mum's head...

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
This. It's naive to think it helps. It's the same logic as to lose a game just get the manager sacked. We could have beat Liverpool today at home. We can drop form till next time. They could have protested outside of stadium. Glazers will blame the Super League, COVID adn the frustration of the people.
So how does any sort of change get implemented? Stop buying club merch, tweeting #GlazersOut?

el3mel

I see nothing coming out of this. Good move from the fans and all that, but Glazers aren't going to sell their cash cow without legit buyers just because fans wanted them too.

Boycotting the games back when fans were allowed into stadiums would have been a better move imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.