Manchester United vs Liverpool (Tue 12th July, 14:00 UK time) | BANGKOK CENTURY CUP CHAMPIONS

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Might also be Ten Hag wanting a result against Liverpool, instead of trying out his new system. That's why it's an Ole team.
Or it's just what he views as his best team as of now, even implementing his system. He's going to use a 4231, and to me this just says he rates McTominay and Fred above Van de Beek in the midfield 2, with the rest being obvious starters (Malacia new and young, different case).

evil_geko

Some of the people obsessing over Mctominay and Fred are irritating.

Everyone will get minutes, Eriksen is coming in and deal for FDJ ongoing. Ten Hag himself said he wants midfield and offensive signings during the presser.

What’s the problem?
Modern fan mentality is the problem.

redcucumber

I had an email but there’s no mention of it being free on mine and if I go to the schedule on the app and click on the game it gives me the option of buying either a monthly or annual sub.
It says it's only £2.50 a month, which doesn't seem bad.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Every manager does it. Tells you something.

This feels like an Ole tribute team with a Varane guest appearance.
They've all ended up sacked, tells you even more.

bosnian_red

Some of the people obsessing over Mctominay and Fred are irritating.

Everyone will get minutes, Eriksen is coming in and deal for FDJ ongoing. Ten Hag himself said he wants midfield and offensive signings during the presser.

What’s the problem?
I don't see the issue. They're the best 2 midfielders we currently have. Ole or no Ole, they are still much better than anything else we have in that position. Ten Hag used Van de Beek mainly as a 10 and occasionally as an 8. Fred is a better 8 than van de Beek. All there is to it.

laughtersassassin

Is the match free on MUTV in Ireland?

It's letting me watch the build up on my phone without logging in. Or will it kick me off before it starts?

Ollie Derbyshire

Lets see some movement and energy up front, that 3 looks great on paper, hopefully they'll find some chemistry quickly and get some confidence!

Not fussed about the McFred partnership in this one, hopefully the midfield will look a lot different by the start of the season.

Blood Mage

I'm convinced we'll never be rid of the McFred midfield, regardless of who the manager is. It's a curse.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Might also be Ten Hag wanting a result against Liverpool, instead of trying out his new system. That's why it's an Ole team.
We’ve signed one new player — what was there to experiment with? The 4231 is the same formation he used at Ajax as well?

bosnian_red

Oh just leave it off already, it is literally first preseason game, Donny will get plenty of chances.
He won't! Where will he get chances? Its clear to me that he's nothing but a depth player, and not even first depth. Add Eriksen and Frenkie de Jong to the 2 positions in the midfield 3 that he can play, and he's 5th choice in those 2 positions!

yamo123x

Think most of the starter guys will play 60mins...

Then we will see changes.

Excited to see Iqbal, Malacia,VDB, Mjebri and Pellestri in 2nd half, players who can all force their way in this season..

Win lose or draw i think we have a great coach now and we must get behind him 100%

avgp_1

Disappointed for Donny, thought he would be first choice under Ten Haag.

FiiiiveTenHaaags

Interesting to see Bruno as captain with Slabhead out, would have been my preference for the season tbh

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Is it sancho on the right then? If he performs well there in pre season then our priorities may change from a RW to ST

evil_geko

He won't! Where will he get chances? Its clear to me that he's nothing but a depth player, and not even first depth. Add Eriksen and Frenkie de Jong to the 2 positions in the midfield 3 that he can play, and he's 5th choice in those 2 positions!
After reading this, I am done with Caf for today, can't be arsed with mind boggling bollocks like that.

Becks00

Although I don't believe they are good enough for United. I still sometimes wonder what it feels like being McTominay or Fred and constantly being derided as not being good enough at your job. By now the two probably avoid social media at all cost, I must commend them though for keeping their heads high and giving the best they can whenever called upon.

FiiiiveTenHaaags

ETH struggling with his English in the interview they showed just now…guess it will come with time. Seems to be doing fine in training which is the main thing.

evil_geko

Why so touchy feely about Dvb, that's the real weird stuff.
Has nothing to do with Donny, I am just done with people overreacting and making everything into a drama just for the sake of it. That is weird stuff, on the other hand, it's not that weird because new gen fans are all about degen drama out of nothing.

SER19

If somebody told me after Brighton that this line up would start pre season id have considered them genuinely deluded. Incredibly grim

The_Dark_Knight

I’m not a Pogba fanboy at all, but find it extremely unlikely that he was chummy with the British press. Surely if he had been they would at least occasionally have portrayed him in a favourable light.
With Pogba and his circus, you just never know.

laughtersassassin

If somebody told me after Brighton that this line up would start pre season id have considered them genuinely deluded. Incredibly grim
I'd be disappointed but not too surprised. After all the club is a literal joke.

SER19

I'd be disappointed but not too surprised. After all the club is a literal joke.
The argument against utter pessimism is riddled with caveats. The fact is we're way behind where we should be this summer and have our supposed main striker deciding when he feels like joining the team.

Alan Partridge

Any way to watch whilst solemnly continuing my Glazer protest?

(Definitely not just being a cheap bastard)

evil_geko

First preseason game, he started players that had most of his training so far mostly, we are waiting for few more signings to happen, what the feck is grim about this ffs? You are acting like this will be starting line up whole season, give your heads a wobble the lot of you in here.

Trex

Has nothing to do with Donny, I am just done with people overreacting and making everything into a drama just for the sake of it. That is weird stuff, on the other hand, it's not that weird because new gen fans are all about degen drama out of nothing.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: