Manchester United vs Liverpool (Tue 12th July, 14:00 UK time) | BANGKOK CENTURY CUP CHAMPIONS

TheReligion

Abusive
Preseason friendly or not - THIS FELT NICE.

Everybody looked improved, except for Rashford. He is still unable to find the back of the net 1:1 with a goalkeeper. What kind of forward is that? I don't know if EtH can still improve it, but if not - homeboy needs to go. We cannot just carry him as a club just because of his celebrity status and Instagram following. FFS, we need to play football and we need players who can.
Give it a rest. It’s the first pre season game and we won 4-0 v Liverpool

Let’s not use it to further an agenda against Rashford eh

OmarUnited4ever

Amad, Malacia and Elanga pretty poor in that second. Van de Beek also non existent. I am, however, already confident that Iqbal is a more accomplished footballer than McTominay. Savage too, very comfortable on the ball.
Yeah, Iqbal caught my eye, very good on the ball.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Why do you think many, myself included were losing our shit, worried that we would go for Poch. We have a manager with top credentials and not some one elses flop/cast-off.
Poch FC has a sizeable following on the caf.

Preseason friendly or not - THIS FELT NICE.

Everybody looked improved, except for Rashford. He is still unable to find the back of the net 1:1 with a goalkeeper. What kind of forward is that? I don't know if EtH can still improve it, but if not - homeboy needs to go. We cannot just carry him as a club just because of his celebrity status and Instagram following. FFS, we need to play football and we need players who can.

Loved him! If EtH can fully develop him to top levels, we will have one amazing homegrown player!
Come on. Rashford looked much improved in his general play from last season. Much better. Ran more, looked faster.

bosskeano

it highlights to me though the sheer lack of depth we have in certain positions if we are going to have to rely on kids, especially up front, to balance out the season

i think a kid like savage or zidane would be able to handle himself playing alongside more seasoned players but the attacking guys are definitely short of experience and quality

certainly understandable ETH wanting to bring in a mid or two plus at least one attacking player

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Funny thing is that Liverpool looked worse with their best team on the pitch

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
I don't want to overreact but we're obviously on course to win the league now.
:D:D:D Treble, treble! Alas, can't do Champions League, but does Europa League still count as a "treble"? :lol:

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Perhaps we do have some good players after all eh?
Don't mean to bring down your optimism, but a "good player" is the one that can do well all season, in 30+ games. Even Pogba was world class for one game a season :D I think Bailly is a good example here. He was amazing today, but when the season starts he will probably be injured most of it and we will never benefit from his goodness. So he needs to be sold, despite clearly being very talented.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
it highlights to me though the sheer lack of depth we have in certain positions if we are going to have to rely on kids, especially up front, to balance out the season

i think a kid like savage or zidane would be able to handle himself playing alongside more seasoned players but the attacking guys are definitely short of experience and quality

certainly understandable ETH wanting to bring in a mid or two plus at least one attacking player
This is a genuine rebuild year.

Unfortunately we might struggle a bit when the going gets heavy and we can't rotate as well, but for me it's about getting the foundations laid, aim for CL and then get our targets to challenge next year.

If we can get FDJ in this year that will be a huge help. Definitely some sort of reinforcement in striker even if it's a young one if Ronaldo goes.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Good scoreline but these early pre season games generally go the way of the team that has had the most training, with us being a week ahead of Liverpool.

PoTMS

It's important we keep ourselves grounded and don't take too much away from this pre-season friendly. Now how are we celebrating #21?

lysglimt

Scout
Well we wouldn't have won if Liverpool fielded their strongest side from the start - but it still felt damn nice :)

bosskeano

This is a genuine rebuild year.

Unfortunately we might struggle a bit when the going gets heavy and we can't rotate as well, but for me it's about getting the foundations laid, aim for CL and then get our targets to challenge next year.

If we can get FDJ in this year that will be a huge help. Definitely some sort of reinforcement in striker even if it's a young one if Ronaldo goes.
100% rebuild year both from a player perspective, given the number of experienced players that left this summer, but also the integration to what ETH wants from the lads.

If he's able to bring in a couple quality players like FDJ and Anthony then that would obviously help a lot. My hope is that his primary focus is on the league and let the young kids play in all the cup matches including the europa until the games start coming thick and fast.

Jezpeza

Come on. Rashford looked much improved in his general play from last season. Much better. Ran more, looked faster.
In the first half in our stronger 11 there was a definite willingness to run and a sharpness in the front 3 of martial, rashford and sancho. We forced a lot of mistakes out of them by pressing. I even thought MCFred were looking better on the ball and our players seemed to be finding space and using the ball better. And this was all the same players as past year.

second half not so good and descended into a tippy tappy nothingness. Thought there was a drop off in quality and we werent moving the ball as well.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I wonder if this game has changed ETHs mond on some players?
Probably keep Eric based on this performance. AwB is as advertised. I am sure Iqbal will be kept in the squad or at least sent on loan. He did really well. So composed for someone with so little experience.

Chicharo

We did start the game with perhaps out strongest XI atm., they didn't, but who cares. Always nice to thrash them
Hopefully this means better days for us are coming

90 + 5min

This is not about manager. It is about letting some players go who didn’t help the team. Hopefully this will lead to more professional team.
Pre season or not. Always nice beating Liverpool.

Yakuza_devils

We still have FDJ, Erikson, Martinez, Antony and Ronaldo to come. This is not a false dawn. Fingers crossed.