Manchester United vs Liverpool (Tue 12th July, 14:00 UK time) | BANGKOK CENTURY CUP CHAMPIONS

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Has or had the potential to be world class, a 3x combo of bad managers, injuries and his personality (clumsy and rash) have not helped him. Maybe this is the year?
May be. But I honestly think we also need to start thinking like ruthless winners and stop giving players endless "second" chances.

wolvored

Great result and especially in the first half you could see that the training was starting to knit the team. We were second best overall, but that was expected. Thought Bailley was Motm for Utd and Sancho played well as well. Iqbal stood out for the kids. I couldnt understand why Garner didnt get a game

GreatDane

Great result and especially in the first half you could see that the training was starting to knit the team. We were second best overall, but that was expected. Thought Bailley was Motm for Utd and Sancho played well as well. Iqbal stood out for the kids. I couldnt understand why Garner didnt get a game
Injured apparently.

Elcabron

Hopefully it won't be like when Ole took over from Jose, players were out to prove it was Jose and not them, played great for a couple of months then total collapse.

MrBest

May be. But I honestly think we also need to start thinking like ruthless winners and stop giving players endless "second" chances.
I think we are in no position but to give some players a second chance. We cannot go out and replace 16 players in one go. If we could, not many in that squad would be there.

mu4c_20le

Varane thinking that some day he might be lucky enough to captain Manchester United.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
After lifting the CL four times Varane can’t believe his luck to lift a trophy like that.

GregM40

Only managed to half watch it in work but enjoyed some of what I saw. De Gea coming off the line, pressing, better attacking patterns... Defence still looked a bit ropey though and could have conceded a few. Nunez ballooning over the bar was great.

Don't think ETH will let up off this lot, no more excuses, pull your fingers out.

Kearnkoff69

Only caught the first half but saw that some young guys got a runout in the second. Going to have to find the highlights so I can catch Iqubal and Amad. Shame that Hannibal didn't get any time.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
This is preseason, everyone needs to do some extra work, not just the players! Get searching!
Haha fair enough, I did have a cheeky look online on the usual sources but no luck.

I’m sure they will pop up on here in due course.

atkar83

I think we are in no position but to give some players a second chance. We cannot go out and replace 16 players in one go. If we could, not many in that squad would be there.
Some players like Sancho come from teams with systems in place and succeeding. Going from whatever we've been doing since Mourinho left to a proper system will probably have a ton of players improving, hopefully

siw2007

Just finished watching the match, really happy with the attitude and hard work we put in. There seemed to be a semblance of an organisation in the team and I liked how we tried to us the direct ball in behind occasionally.

Sancho looked mint as did Martial against a very inept Liverpool back line. 2nd half was more difficult but was impressed by Iqbal who played with a bit of panache against a tough midfield.

justsomebloke

We were leaking goals because he can't defend well. And that is what is most important
yeah, that's why we were hardly scored upon whenever Maguire wasn't playing. :)

Come on, you must know it's not as simple as that.Our leaking goals similarly also involves the midfield's lack of defensive control as well as our collective structure out of posession. A goalie who's glued to his line doesn't help either. And individually most of our other defenders were as bad as he was, or worse.

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
The amount of crappy results we’ve had I’m celebrating this one. I don’t care if it’s a friendly or not. Bragging rights are in our court!

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
Preseason friendly or not - THIS FELT NICE.

Everybody looked improved, except for Rashford. He is still unable to find the back of the net 1:1 with a goalkeeper. What kind of forward is that? I don't know if EtH can still improve it, but if not - homeboy needs to go. We cannot just carry him as a club just because of his celebrity status and Instagram following. FFS, we need to play football and we need players who can.

Loved him! If EtH can fully develop him to top levels, we will have one amazing homegrown player!
He could be a Carrick type for us. Has a good passing range great engine , rarely loses the ball, and does get stuck in. Well at least he does for the under 23s